Sponsored

Turn headlights off = Blinded by instrument panel??

donnyb313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I've had my new JLUR for a couple days now and I'm starting to figure things out. One thing I can't figure out is the instrument panel dimming. I like to keep my interior lighting dim for better night vision. So I set the instrument panel dimmer to as dim as it will go, both screens and lights dim to nice and dark. Then I stop driving and turn the headlight switch to O (off) and the instrument panel lights, screen and Uconnect 8.4 screen changes to full 100% brightness!? It is BLINDING and EXTREMELY annoying! The dimmer switch has no affect on the instrument panel lights/screen when the headlight switch is off..:angry: Is this how it's supposed to work??

I did find that I can dim the 8.4 screen under the display settings. But that only changes the 8.4 screen, the instrument panel lights and screen remain at 100% brightness.. I just want the dimmer switch to work when the headlight switch is turned to the O (off) position.

If this is considered normal, can the TazerJL change this idiotic setup?
Sponsored

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It is normal. You can try Auto position for the headlights, maybe that will alleviate the issue.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It is normal. You can try Auto position for the headlights, maybe that will alleviate the issue.
+1 Auto setting is the way to go! I love not even thinking about my lights.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I use auto for the lights and it works out pretty well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

donnyb313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Thanks all! I do use auto. But there are times I want all of my lights turned off. What a terrible design, if they just wouldve made it so the dimmer is usable when the headlights are off it'd work perfectly

Uncreative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
accountant
hope all you auto-lights people are diligent about manually/actively turning lights ON when raining or when visibility is challenging but not yet dark enough for the sensors to activate lights.

OP
OP

donnyb313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I spoke with Joe at Zautomotive Sounds like he is eventually going to add the capability to dim the dash to the TazerJL.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
hope all you auto-lights people are diligent about manually/actively turning lights ON when raining or when visibility is challenging but not yet dark enough for the sensors to activate lights.
The light sensor is very sensitive, and headlights turn on automatically when wipers are engaged.

Sponsored

Uncreative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
accountant
The light sensor is very sensitive, and headlights turn on automatically when wipers are engaged.
LOL so when the rain is light enough even the slowest wiper setting is too fast, manually activating the wipers will or will not turn on the lights?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
You can turn this feature off in the settings so that the lights do not turn on when you turn on your wipers.

MNSeapilot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Read your owners manual. Lights come on when wipers are used in Auto
Sponsored