Sponsored

Sat in "I" status for over a month, now a new VIN with build date of October

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door 6-Speed
I ordered my JL on July 2nd. It went through the first few build stages fairly quickly, and then it hit "I" status for inspection. It sat there for over a month until I was told by my salesman (customer service only told me to keep waiting as this was somewhat "normal") told me a new vin was issued.

Now I've been told that my new VIN has an build ETA of mid-October. I'll be lucky to receive this vehicle 4 months after I ordered it, and I'm sure the Thanksgiving period is a fantastic time to be expecting prompt deliveries.

I know a lot of people have been stuck in I status and had new vins re-issued, but did the second vin still take that long?

This is what I ordered:

Rubicon
2-door
Manual transmission
Firecracker Red
LED lighting group

That's it, nothing else added to the vehicle.
Sponsored

Altahami

First Name
Yunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi
I ordered my JL on July 2nd. It went through the first few build stages fairly quickly, and then it hit "I" status for inspection. It sat there for over a month until I was told by my salesman (customer service only told me to keep waiting as this was somewhat "normal") told me a new vin was issued.

Now I've been told that my new VIN has an build ETA of mid-October. I'll be lucky to receive this vehicle 4 months after I ordered it, and I'm sure the Thanksgiving period is a fantastic time to be expecting prompt deliveries.

I know a lot of people have been stuck in I status and had new vins re-issued, but did the second vin still take that long?

This is what I ordered:

Rubicon
2-door
Manual transmission
Firecracker Red
LED lighting group

Last Thursday I received an email that a new VIN was issued after 33 days in I.

9/17 was the date provided for the build start date.

Four door Rubi with most options

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Wonder if yours caught fire the other day?

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Mine was cloned last Tuesday, 8/21. My original order was placed on 6/8 and sat in “I” status for 40 days. I’m hoping this clone order is fast tracked, but I’m not holding my breath as it’s only just out of D1 status as of today.

OP
OP

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was cloned last Tuesday, 8/21. My original order was placed on 6/8 and sat in “I” status for 40 days. I’m hoping this clone order is fast tracked, but I’m not holding my breath as it’s only just out of D1 status as of today.
What did you order, out of curiosity?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Manual trans
LEDs
Leather
8.4uconnect
Premium soft top
Sting grey paint

You?
JL 2 door
Rubicon
Manual transmission
LED
Firecracker red

Meanwhile, mine probably won't leave d1 for amonther month and half, according to my sales guy.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 door
Rubicon
Manual transmission
LED
Firecracker red

Meanwhile, mine probably won't leave d1 for amonther month and half, according to my sales guy.
That sounds absurd. Did he give any reason for his comment of being in D1 for a month and a half?

OP
OP

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds absurd. Did he give any reason for his comment of being in D1 for a month and a half?
Sales guy referred me to a "supply chain management" who said they just don't have the parts to build it yet. When I asked for clarification on what parts, he hasn't answered yet.

OP
OP

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and to make it worse, my new VIN has an increased price of $400 and another extra $100 for the LED lights, because those prices went up AFTER I made my original order but before this new VIN was issued.

So I'm being penalized $500 because JEEP couldn't build my order on time.

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and to make it worse, my new VIN has an increased price of $400 and another extra $100 for the LED lights, because those prices went up AFTER I made my original order but before this new VIN was issued.

Your dealer should lock in the price for you.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Sales guy referred me to a "supply chain management" who said they just don't have the parts to build it yet. When I asked for clarification on what parts, he hasn't answered yet.
That's dumb. My order has LED/steel bumpers (i.e. the "restricted" parts) and it was built in a week.

hessdf

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL Firecracker Red, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6

This is what I ordered:

Rubicon
2-door
Manual transmission
Firecracker Red
LED lighting group

I feel your pain. I ordered a 2 door Rubicon on 6/11.
Firecracker Red
Manual Trans.
LEDs
Cold Weather Package
Trailer/Tow
Electronic Infotainment (8.4" UConnect)
Safety Group
Hard & Soft Tops (Black)
Tan Leather Interior

Moved to I status on 7/21. Order cloned on 8/29 (39 days in I Status). 11 weeks since I ordered it now. No build date on the new VIN yet.

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Screw that, they need to honor the original purchase price, not your fault they had to clone it. I'll walk if that happens with mine.

OP
OP

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Screw that, they need to honor the original purchase price, not your fault they had to clone it. I'll walk if that happens with mine.
I called my salesman and he said he'll knock off the extra.

However it took some haggling. It's annoying that he needed to be convinced in the first place.
Sponsored