Sponsored

Looking for my fellow Long Islanders...is there anybody out there?

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Queens checking in... Not Long Island, but close enough I hope. :like:

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Ronkonkoma here. Bought fromSmithhaven Jeep on 4/4. Ocean Blue JLUS but I’m still waiting for it. Trail Rail Management is holding me up. I’ve been in D1 for 3 weeks with no end in sight.

jk8290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I live in merrick and bought from Bryan and merrick jeep.
how's the service department?
i just ordered my jeep from them and want to know if it's worth it to go all the way to wantagh for service.
i live in bayside and i hate everything about bayside jeep.
used to go to east hills as well

Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Security Dodge has a great parts and service group .They're in Amityville .I'm in Massapequa, and so is my new JLUR .

One_Angry_Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm in Lower westchester right over the Whitestone down the hutch a bit. Definitely down for any future meetups, etc!

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
West Babylon here. I couldn’t find any luck with any of the dealerships on the island, specifically Atlantic Jeep, they gave me a “great” price which was OVER invoice.

I was really disappointed but I wound up dealing with Craig from Koons and got a fantastic price. Very very happy.

Btw Atlantic on the island assured me that the Koons deal was a scam and that once I got there they’d raise the price on me and blah blah blah. It was really disheartening to see that they still use scare tactics to sell cars. I feel bad for their customer base.

Salespeople like that are a dying breed and I look forward to seeing them go.

Steve

OP
OP
ajasper6579

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
So I ended up going with Huntington after much research into dealers around the East Coast. Huntington ended up doing mine at invoice. They also gave me an amazing deal on the extended warranty. In hindsight, I am glad I stayed local. The avoidance of a 200 mile drive to get the car, and the desire to go to a local guy for small stuff that needs to be addressed (a locking hub that wasn't included, a discounted price on door sill guards) more than makes up for the savings I would have found by traveling.

x_captain_kaos_x

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 18 JL 2DR Sport S
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Hello everyone -
I’m way out on the east end of LI. I went to Mullen Motors in Southold for my 2 door Sport S JL.
I’ve got a grand total of 300 miles on it as of today. Ordered June 16, took delivery July 27th.
Lift and tires on the way. Gotta get ready for winter already. :/

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
West Babylon here. I couldn’t find any luck with any of the dealerships on the island, specifically Atlantic Jeep, they gave me a “great” price which was OVER invoice.

I was really disappointed but I wound up dealing with Craig from Koons and got a fantastic price. Very very happy.

Btw Atlantic on the island assured me that the Koons deal was a scam and that once I got there they’d raise the price on me and blah blah blah. It was really disheartening to see that they still use scare tactics to sell cars. I feel bad for their customer base.

Salespeople like that are a dying breed and I look forward to seeing them go.

Steve
Hey, Steve, I'm in Huntington. Never, EVER, go to any Atlantic auto dealer for anything. They're trash. Glad Craig hooked you up at Koons, I plan on driving down there myself when the time comes (a few months, probably). Can you PM me your deal? I want a JLUR, but any info you have would help.
Went to Atlantic when I was shopping for my wife's Pilot, and they wouldn't price match anyone, plus they offered me $3k for a 8 year old Accord EX-L V6 with 50k on it. Booked at $12k at the time. The guy got all offended when I got up and walked out. Whatta joke.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So I ended up going with Huntington after much research into dealers around the East Coast. Huntington ended up doing mine at invoice. They also gave me an amazing deal on the extended warranty. In hindsight, I am glad I stayed local. The avoidance of a 200 mile drive to get the car, and the desire to go to a local guy for small stuff that needs to be addressed (a locking hub that wasn't included, a discounted price on door sill guards) more than makes up for the savings I would have found by traveling.
Hey, Ari. Huntington offered me 1% below with Tread Lightly, but I'll probably go off-island to get better, unless...who was your guy/gal at Huntington? Did you order or buy off of the lot? Maybe I'll give them a holler. Don't blame you at all for staying local. Which warranty did you settle on/what did it cost you? I'm debating getting the lifetime from another out of state dealer, but, again, staying local has its benefits.

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Hey, Steve, I'm in Huntington. Never, EVER, go to any Atlantic auto dealer for anything. They're trash. Glad Craig hooked you up at Koons, I plan on driving down there myself when the time comes (a few months, probably). Can you PM me your deal? I want a JLUR, but any info you have would help.
Went to Atlantic when I was shopping for my wife's Pilot, and they wouldn't price match anyone, plus they offered me $3k for a 8 year old Accord EX-L V6 with 50k on it. Booked at $12k at the time. The guy got all offended when I got up and walked out. Whatta joke.
Hi all, after ordering a loaded Sahara from Smithaven Jeep I cancelled it as it took more then 4 months to be delivered. It wasn’t a 2 liter turbo but a 3.6 liter. The holdup was the TrailRail system, tthat wasn’t the dealers fault. I ordered it before finding this forum and found out about the Koons deal. As soon as the 19 MY order banks open I’ll be ordering from Craig at Koons. Anyone know if Koons also applies the Tread Lightly discount to their 5% off invoice?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hi all, after ordering a loaded Sahara from Smithaven Jeep I cancelled it as it took more then 4 months to be delivered. It wasn’t a 2 liter turbo but a 3.6 liter. The holdup was the TrailRail system, tthat wasn’t the dealers fault. I ordered it before finding this forum and found out about the Koons deal. As soon as the 19 MY order banks open I’ll be ordering from Craig at Koons. Anyone know if Koons also applies the Tread Lightly discount to their 5% off invoice?
They actually give you $250 off for Tread Lightly, in addition to the 5%. But they're dealer fees are sooooper high, so factor that in (like $8-900 on top of DMV/tax/title)
Sponsored