JLUR Metalcloak game changer 3.5"

ghorman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So, I just came from the Jeep shop where I'm getting a Metalcloak 3.5" game changer on my JLUR. The guys at the garage believe I might be the first one (one of the first ones in the country) with it per Metalcloak's comment. Anyways, here are couple pictures; I haven't had a chance to go off roading yet or even drive it yet. I'm waiting on my 37 Coopers STT and rims to come back from the powder coat guy.

I should have the Jeep back by Wednesday.

2018-08-25.jpg

2018-08-25.jpg

I'm 5'8" if that helps with the next picture.
2018-08-25.jpg
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I wouldn't say you're the first. A guy in the issues forum has the death wobble already with this lift installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ghorman

ghorman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I wouldn't say you're the first. A guy in the issues forum has the death wobble already with this lift installed.
You got a link...so I can read up on it.

Doesn't look like he did the complete game changer lift. He is still running the stock shocks on it; not the 6 pack version. Unless he changed them back out in trying to find the issue.

Or he is running the Rocksport addition which is a little different from the one I installed.

6 pack version - https://www.metalcloak.com/JL-Wrangler-3-5-Suspension-Lift-Kit-6Pak-p/7630.htm
Rocksport version - https://www.metalcloak.com/JL-Wrangler-Suspension-Lift-Kit-3-5-RockSport-p/7631.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
ghorman

ghorman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

DBROKL

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Those wheels look awesome with that color
Thanks! I think so as well. I almost gave up on them as they were backordered forever. I guess because they are 17's vs 20's. but for offloading id rather have more rubber with the 17's! I am however Glad i waited on these wheels. they are pretty badass and match the coloring scheme well..

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
So, I just came from the Jeep shop where I'm getting a Metalcloak 3.5" game changer on my JLUR. The guys at the garage believe I might be the first one (one of the first ones in the country) with it per Metalcloak's comment.
Have had mine on since Begining of June. 3.5 w/ sixpacks
Why did you guys go with the six pack shocks? From what I've read about them, they leak and need to be rebuilt often.

OP
OP
ghorman

ghorman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Why did you guys go with the six pack shocks? From what I've read about them, they leak and need to be rebuilt often.
I haven't seen much on the leaking outside of needing to top them off once a year. I'll google it but if you have some links I would like to read up on it.
Sponsored