Sponsored

Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

Jeep53227

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon w/ power top and turbo
Right? I am so frustrated...I want my jeep with this roof so much I'm willing to put up with this poor customer service. If Jeep would just communicate honestly and openly with us, much frustration would be alleviated.
Just heard from Jeep Cares and I am now in the Gateline Schedule Status with a build plan timing for the week of September 10th.

My dealer was informed on Tuesday that I am in phase D1 with an estimated ship date of 9/16/18, so he would expect it within 30 days of the estimated ship date. He was also told by his rep that the Black wranglers will be the first ones built.

My last Jeep I ordered in 2015 took a month, but I am use to waiting, my 2015 Hellcat was ordered on 9/11/14 and I took delivery on 10/2/2015, just over a year.
Sponsored

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
It's the information flow and expectation setting that's the problem here. I ordered an M3 back in 2013 and that was advertised as taking and took 5 months including the time it took build it, load it into a cargo ship, cross the Atlantic, traverse the panama canal and then deliver in southern California. I've additionally ordered two corvettes and both were advertised as 3 month orders and delivered within that time span.

The problem with this is, I was told 6 - 8 weeks and week 8 was last Thursday. At this point I don't really know why my vehicle is delayed, I'm hearing with some confidence that the color I ordered won't be available next year and the timeline I've been given has a glaring loophole, "please keep in mind as this timeline is projected, it is subject to change". I get that this is a first year vehicle, but if you're not going to set expectations appropriately up front then at least do some real customer service work on the back side.

H3ll, I've been waiting through 2 or 3 separate price increases on this freaking vehicle just to order a specific color and top. It's getting to be too much.

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
It's the information flow and expectation setting that's the problem here. I ordered an M3 back in 2013 and that was advertised as taking and took 5 months including the time it took build it, load it into a cargo ship, cross the Atlantic, traverse the panama canal and then deliver in southern California. I've additionally ordered two corvettes and both were advertised as 3 month orders and delivered within that time span.

The problem with this is, I was told 6 - 8 weeks and week 8 was last Thursday. At this point I don't really know why my vehicle is delayed, I'm hearing with some confidence that the color I ordered won't be available next year and the timeline I've been given has a glaring loophole, "please keep in mind as this timeline is projected, it is subject to change". I get that this is a first year vehicle, but if you're not going to set expectations appropriately up front then at least do some real customer service work on the back side.

H3ll, I've been waiting through 2 or 3 separate price increases on this freaking vehicle just to order a specific color and top. It's getting to be too much.
Aren’t we locked into the pricing as of the date of our order? As opposed to whatever the price is when the car is delivered?

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
That depends. For me, two of the price increases in question occurred before I ordered because the power top wasnt available yet. I would have ordered in March if Mojito and Power Top were available, but they were both late availability.

Ultimately though it depends on your order agreement and many have a statement absolving the dealer in case of FCA price increases, the discount you've already negotiated into your deal and your relationship with your dealer.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
That depends. For me, two of the price increases in question occurred before I ordered because the power top wasnt available yet. I would have ordered in March if Mojito and Power Top were available, but they were both late availability.

Ultimately though it depends on your order agreement and many have a statement absolving the dealer in case of FCA price increases, the discount you've already negotiated into your deal and your relationship with your dealer.
I hear you on this, I actually at first couldn't wait for the powered top, so I ordered right when the 2.0L was available, I ordered a JLUR in Red (2.0L) on Feb 17th. When Punk'n became available, and I was still in 'D', I changed the color to that. When my order was cloned in late May, as many original 2.0L orders were, I changed my cloned orders top to the 1 touch power top. My original order has now made it to the dealer (with dual tops), but I'm waiting on this 'cloned' order with the power top. The only thing that is keeping me a little patient (I do admit it is hard not to drive up tonight and buy the original JLUR w/ dual tops) is that I am locked into pricing as of Feb 17th (Of course will have to pay the difference from dual top to the 1 touch power top).

I hope some of the reports on power top equipped Saharas are true and we can all start getting our JLs soon.

Sponsored

Lgarman

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Right? I am so frustrated...I want my jeep with this roof so much I'm willing to put up with this poor customer service. If Jeep would just communicate honestly and openly with us, much frustration would be alleviated.

Lgarman

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I just sent a PM to JeepCares asking for the reason for the delay.
Lol well Good Luck getting an answer, I call EVERYDAY wanting answers that nobody can give me!!! I hope soon they change their communication standards cause this is ridiculous!!!

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I pulled up Jeeps current Press Kit for the Wrangler @ the FCA Media website:

As the only true open-air 4x4 SUV on the market, an all-new easy-to-use Sky One-Touch powertop strengthens Wrangler’s promise of utility and adventure by allowing occupants to retract the full-length open canvas roof with a push of a button (available in the second quarter of 2018).

Second quarter of 2018???
I see the problem.
I forgot to ask when FCA's fiscal year ends...

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lol well Good Luck getting an answer, I call EVERYDAY wanting answers that nobody can give me!!! I hope soon they change their communication standards cause this is ridiculous!!!
I have come to understand that Jeeps' customer communications policies are ancient and harmful. I suppose they now have chats and email but that does not earn FCA a modern consumer-centric communication award.
The plant needs a consumer advocate.
Most of the personnel we communicate with, tell us everyting they know. The problem is a plant-centric communications environment where the customers are tolerated, rather than treated like the reason Jeep is successful.
Come on Mike Manley. Give me some access and a touch of authority and I will take Jeep to a Five-Star communications super company.
All of us love the product. We are excited to see a 2018 Wrangler pass us on the road. We love the Jeep 4 wheel drive culture.
We just get so frustrated with the Jeep darkness. It may not be a communications blackout, but to a generation that is used to ordering from Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart and receiving a raft of delivery notifications it seems like a dim communications light.

Sponsored

chrislag23

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
I'm pretty new to this entire thing...but I was wondering if anyone had an idea of when wranglers with this sky one touch top would be available at dealerships? Instead of ordering online...

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
I'm pretty new to this entire thing...but I was wondering if anyone had an idea of when wranglers with this sky one touch top would be available at dealerships? Instead of ordering online...
It will all depend on how many dealer orders, if any, were placed during the period where these were open to non-sold orders. Based on the turbo deliveries, it does not seem that all sold orders are prioritized over dealer orders, but are mixed in, so if some were ordered as part of a dealer's allocation they will most likely start arriving at the same time those of us with sold orders get ours. As far as when that will happen...September at the earliest and no idea what the latest would be. Perhaps the first batches will be Saharas since some have mentioned on here to see movement in those, but Rubicons may be later.

I saw a video where the TFL guys took a red 2.0L Power Top JLUR on the Rubicon trail, can't wait for my Punk'n one with that spec!

OP
OP

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
Just Received...

Dear Customer:

Case #: xxxxxxxx

VIN:xxxxxxxx

Vehicle Description:

Dear Templeton: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Order! Our resources indicate your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order is now in the Gateline Schedule Status with a build plan timing for the week of September 10th. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center

1agnes1

First Name
Desiree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB E550
Just Received...

Dear Customer:

Case #: xxxxxxxx

VIN:xxxxxxxx

Vehicle Description:

Dear Templeton: I am writing with an update on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Order! Our resources indicate your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order is now in the Gateline Schedule Status with a build plan timing for the week of September 10th. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide email updates as they become available. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work towards delivering your order. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center
....I received a similar email today:

“Dear Desiree,

This is a courtesy email update regarding your 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL order.

I have taken the liberty of looking up your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order and the current status as of August 20th is the following:

Scheduled – All of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Our resources indicate your vehicle is estimated to begin production the week of September 10th.

I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide any updates as they become available.

We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Jeep Product Information Center”

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It will all depend on how many dealer orders, if any, were placed during the period where these were open to non-sold orders. Based on the turbo deliveries, it does not seem that all sold orders are prioritized over dealer orders, but are mixed in, so if some were ordered as part of a dealer's allocation they will most likely start arriving at the same time those of us with sold orders get ours. As far as when that will happen...September at the earliest and no idea what the latest would be. Perhaps the first batches will be Saharas since some have mentioned on here to see movement in those, but Rubicons may be later.

I saw a video where the TFL guys took a red 2.0L Power Top JLUR on the Rubicon trail, can't wait for my Punk'n one with that spec!
Perhaps you are correct. But, I thought customer orders took priority.
I believe Superior Jeep in Conway Arkansas has two on order for stock.
Sponsored