Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU Price (MSRP) Officially Released!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Woooa, someone read the cars.com how to buy a car. Realaistically, you don’t have to do this. I guess you could if you wanted to spend the day at the dealership negotiating. Just come in and lay it all out. I agree, do your research and understand what the true value of your trade is, what the vehicle you want can be bought for, and for God’s sake your credit. Don’t show up with a 450 credit score, 10k Burried in your trade, nothing down and expect your 300 a month payment. Realistically numbers don’t lie. Because I’ve sold thousands of cars and you can make it as difficult or easy as you want it to be. We don’t want you there for hours either, trust me, I’d rather just give you a good deal, maybe we haggle over 300-900 bucks and let’s do this in less than 20 minutes. The finance guys will make you wait longer with me than it will be to put a deal together.
My experience is if I go in there and I am transparent and put my cards on the table, then usually the salesman will do the same. The salesman just wants to know if this deal is going to happen or not. If you can show him right up front what you are willing to do and you are serious, then he can either do it or he can't. If you go in and try and hide the ball then what do you expect?

But it means you have to do your homework before you get there.
Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I've learned from years of experience and it has served me well.

I think you are the exception in the car selling world if you do everything you can to give your customer the best deal. My hat is off to you! I agree with the best deal, no hassle approach, as you will earn a customer for life. But how many dealers do this?

Good point on credit score.

Why don't you list your location? I'm sure people on this forum would look you up for a great, no hassle deal, and I mean that with all respect.

Thank for understanding my off the cuff remark. It has given me an idea though. More to come.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Finally the Wrangler crowd will be sophisticated wine sippers! Move over Range Rover!!!

No longer have the Wrangler wave but drive with ours pinkies raised at each other :cwl:
Definitely a wine drinker, but retired Navy, so not very sophisticated. I would like to add if you raised your pinkie, while holding wine, you’d likely drop the glass....

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The "Next Big Bubble" is subprime auto loans. These long-term loans for ever more expensive vehicles are saddling people with debt for a long time. Wranglers hold their value, so there's equity at the end of the tunnel, but long term debt is still Debt. The Housing Bubble was based on expectations of ever-increasing value of the real estate market. The sub-prime auto loans bubble is based on the expectation of ever- increasing income. One misstep, and the downward cascade begins. Rising interest rates, and "adjustable" ( upward) rates are the same bear trap that presaged the housing bubble. People won't "own" vehicles, they're trading present debt for future debt , to get what they want now.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I always start with asking the salesperson "what do YOU have to do to get me in this Jeep today?"
Even better - answer that question for him. Why make him guess?

NavyJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS; Bikini; Manual; Soft Top. Let the spending begin.
Woooa, someone read the cars.com how to buy a car. Realaistically, you don’t have to do this. I guess you could if you wanted to spend the day at the dealership negotiating. Just come in and lay it all out. I agree, do your research and understand what the true value of your trade is, what the vehicle you want can be bought for, and for God’s sake your credit. Don’t show up with a 450 credit score, 10k Burried in your trade, nothing down and expect your 300 a month payment. Realistically numbers don’t lie. Because I’ve sold thousands of cars and you can make it as difficult or easy as you want it to be. We don’t want you there for hours either, trust me, I’d rather just give you a good deal, maybe we haggle over 300-900 bucks and let’s do this in less than 20 minutes. The finance guys will make you wait longer with me than it will be to put a deal together.
Don't forget to not go in desprate and be prepared to and actually walk away if necessary. Momentum is the sales guys friend. You want a good deal and they want to make some money. I try and make it easy, I know the least I will take on my trade in and the most I will pay; if the deal doesn't work I leave.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
What in the two-door Rubicon makes it more expensive than all the others with the price increase

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Wish we could all do a large group order and get the 5% below invoice employee pricing.

wmpj08

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKUR
That's definitely not what the Mopar guy from the LA Auto Show was saying on video. He indicated that everything, sans the lift, could be added at the factory.
I agree, I watched the LA Auto show highlights and videos several times. Pretty certain when they discussed the Mojito Green Rubicon they said all of the Mopar accessories on the vehicle were able to be ordered from the factory that way, Lift included.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I agree, I watched the LA Auto show highlights and videos several times. Pretty certain when they discussed the Mojito Green Rubicon they said all of the Mopar accessories on the vehicle were able to be ordered from the factory that way, Lift included.
Yeah, same video, but definitely not the lift. That came up in 2 or 3 different contexts, including a price sheet for options which starred the lift as being in a special category that precluded a factory install, although it could be rolled into the loan.

83CJ7

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ7, 2015F150Plat
So we can expect a fully loaded Rubi for $52-55k give or take location, yikes.. I am eyeing the JLU for my wife’s next vehicle but that’s steep for a mall warrior. My fully loaded 2015 F150 Platinum with every option was $55k. She likes the Rubi look and hood but probably won’t need a sway bar disconnect to run over the occasional curb
I am also torn because she wants 37s and the Rubi may only need the 2” lift for that were as the Sahara may need a few more inches, I hear the fenders are higher on the Rubi.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are right (would need to watch the video again but I recall hearing that as well) regardless if that is what was said or not, I imagine Jeep would not do that to their dealerships. Its probably a nightmare to insert options into the factory assembly process since everything is already set through the assembly line (watch the JK assembly line video, its nuts how much of a well oiled exact timing process it is). Plus not to mention they would be cutting some of the dealerships off at the knees since dealers make decent change on financing/installing upgrades through their own purchase programs and service dept. Maybe I am wrong and this is most def. a question better answerd by @JLWF Dealer Guy but it seems inserting true factory accessory options would throw off the whole procedure and require a whole assembly line 'rewiring' so to speak. Unless of course the custom orders have their own set of bays or something and the tub/frame go through a certain stage then get taken to a more hands on area with technicians doing it from there.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I think you are right (would need to watch the video again but I recall hearing that as well) regardless if that is what was said or not, I imagine Jeep would not do that to their dealerships. Its probably a nightmare to insert options into the factory assembly process since everything is already set through the assembly line (watch the JK assembly line video, its nuts how much of a well oiled exact timing process it is). Plus not to mention they would be cutting some of the dealerships off at the knees since dealers make decent change on financing/installing upgrades through their own purchase programs and service dept. Maybe I am wrong and this is most def. a question better answerd by @JLWF Dealer Guy but it seems inserting true factory accessory options would throw off the whole procedure and require a whole assembly line 'rewiring' so to speak. Unless of course the custom orders have their own set of bays or something and the tub/frame go through a certain stage then get taken to a more hands on area with technicians doing it from there.
It seems there is a big push for the accessories on this one. While it does NOT appear that you are going to be able to order them installed from the factory, it does look like they will be available quickly. There is a special training on the Mopar accessories alone that is going to be available this month for the sales people. I've never seen that one before. As soon as I see it, I'll let you know.