Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Whoever breaks the code on this LED issue is going to make some money given the delays with the OEM LEDs. I just saw a post that said they may not be available until 2019!...
This is CORRECT! This is what my parts dealer told me when he inquired about LEDs for my Sport.
Sponsored

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
The headlight connectors are removable from the back of the headlight but you need two people to release the latch from outside and one to turn it . My project is done. You rock Americonium
I sure would like to know how you got that out. Did you have to take the headlight assembly apart? Mine dropped into the headlight housing when I released it.

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Thanks to Teghogh, the wiring has been fished out of the headlight buckets. I've painted the brackets I made and final install should be tomorrow.

Freeballs

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks to Teghogh, the wiring has been fished out of the headlight buckets. I've painted the brackets I made and final install should be tomorrow.
I have a couple questions. Is the headlight you use a JK LED headlight? Im trying to figure out what I need to do this conversion: HD light bracket, fabricated bra
I still don't know how much these brackets are going to cost me. Once I find that out, I'll pass it along.
Count me in. Great work!

Sponsored

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
@americonium I am fairly handy, but i have no relationship with any metal fab shops and I'm sure they would bend you over the barrel. I would legitimately be interested in buying some brackets from you.

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I have a couple questions. Is the headlight you use a JK LED headlight? Im trying to figure out what I need to do this conversion: HD light bracket, fabricated bra

Count me in. Great work!
I'm using a seven inch headlight, and yes, that is compatible with the JK.
You'll need a pair of lights, an HD adapter, the one I'm using is in a link somewhere in this thread, an adapter plate, and possibly an anti-flicker harness . I should know more by the end of tomorrow.

jrbiem

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18" JLU Sport Mojito!
Done. Lights light. No flicker. With adapter harnesses. Engineer running. Just need some darkness to confirm.

IMG_20180824_115013804.jpg
Extremely interested in this, please put me on your list and shoot some pricing info when available!

Sponsored

Freeballs

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Done. Lights light. No flicker. With adapter harnesses. Engineer running. Just need some darkness to confirm.

IMG_20180824_115013804.jpg
Whenever you figure out if/how you are going to sell these, please let me know. In the meantime, I may attempt to copy your setup. I give myself a 10% chance of pulling it off :)

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Whenever you figure out if/how you are going to sell these, please let me know. In the meantime, I may attempt to copy your setup. I give myself a 10% chance of pulling it off :)
Patience. We're so close...