Not open for further replies.

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The Motobilt Jeep JL Rubicon Front Dana 44 heavy duty teel diff cover has many features that separate it from others. Our diff cover features a 3/8" thick steel ring that will keep the cover from pulling away from the housing when dragging over rocks. The Jeep JL front Dana 44 HD steel diff cover also features the proven 1/4" thick steel plate design with an integrated 3/4" NPT fill plug. The fill plug on the Jeep JL Rubicon front Dana 44 HD steel diff cover allows for easy access, especially when a truss system is commonly used. The diff cover is welded both on the inside and outside of the cover to ensure maximum penetration for superior strength. The steel diff cover's design comes from over 14 years of diff cover testing and manufacturing experience. The diff cover ships bare steel and will need to be painted. We do not usually powder coat ours because the diff cover is going to take abuse from rocks. Spray paint works well so you can simply touch it up. The bolts and fill plug ship with the cover.

The diff cover has ample clearance for HD aftermarket steering kits also. No worries if your new steering kit will clear our diff cover.

Fits Jeep JL Rubicon FRONT Dana 44 only

If you want to purchase the matching front diff cover then you need part number MB4073

https://www.motobilt.com/product/je...r_2018_wrangler_jl_rubicon_dana_44_bare_steel
The Motobilt Jeep JL Rubicon Rear Dana 44 heavy duty teel diff cover has many features that separate it from others. Our diff cover features a 3/8" thick steel ring that will keep the cover from pulling away from the housing when dragging over rocks. The Jeep JL Rear Dana 44 HD steel diff cover also features the proven 1/4" thick steel plate design with an integrated 3/4" NPT fill plug. The fill plug on the Jeep JL Rubicon rear Dana 44 HD steel diff cover allows for easy access, especially when a truss system is commonly used. The diff cover is welded both on the inside and outside of the cover to ensure maximum penetration for superior strength. The steel diff cover's design comes from over 14 years of diff cover testing and manufacturing experience. The diff cover ships bare steel and will need to be painted. We do not usually powder coat ours because the diff cover is going to take abuse from rocks. Spray paint works well so you can simply touch it up. The bolts and fill plug ship with the cover.

Fits Jeep JL Rubicon REAR Dana 44 only

If you want to purchase the matching front diff cover then you need part number MB4075

The Motobilt E locker guard for the Jeep JL Rubicon rear axle protects the harness for the locker. Made of 3/16 inch steel plate this guard will protect the wiring harness plug that goes into the top of the differential. This setup bolts in using 2 of the differential cover mounting bolts.
Features:

• Made of 3/16 inch steel plate
  • Ships raw metal and will need to be painted
  • This guard will protect the wiring harness plug that goes into the top of the differential

img_7692.jpg

img_7694.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How much diff oil do we need to add and do the instructions come with torque specs? I ordered myself one.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How much diff oil do we need to add and do the instructions come with torque specs? I ordered myself one.

Thanks!
I’d have to look it up but I think k 25lbs tq
2qts of oil for each axle. Make sure you buy the front and rear cover and the locker switch protector

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I’d have to look it up but I think k 25lbs tq
2qts of oil for each axle. Make sure you buy the front and rear cover and the locker switch protector
Don’t forget locker additive.. not positive it’s needed with synthetics, the but the kid at autozone (yes I know) said it was best to add it. Have not watched the video yet.

Sponsored

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Don’t forget locker additive.. not positive it’s needed with synthetics, the but the kid at autozone (yes I know) said it was best to add it. Have not watched the video yet.
Usually additive is for a limited slip rear end. The rubicon doesn’t have that. It’s just gears and a locking mechanism

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Usually additive is for a limited slip rear end. The rubicon doesn’t have that. It’s just gears and a locking mechanism
Your right I misread the manual as well. I was only wondering if you needed it with synthetic or not.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
With a Labor Day discount I couldn't pass up, I ordered the pair along with the switch protector. They look massive, just what I was looking for at a reasonable price. You can never have enough unsprung weight! LOL

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
With a Labor Day discount I couldn't pass up, I ordered the pair along with the switch protector. They look massive, just what I was looking for at a reasonable price. You can never have enough unsprung weight! LOL
We appreciate the business. We shipped several of these yesterday and are making more now. We had a ton of orders.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.