Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
What's the second blue color? Is Bikini considered a blue? I think Jeeps should always be offered in Army green. Always.
Absolutely right. I find the lack of any green option disturbing. At LEAST give us F8 green (rename it if you must, but that's silly) like the charger and challenger have. It's not right that they get better olive drab greens than the Wrangler. Just immoral, I say!

6a7787c9afea9a8e22f857f9db468519x.jpg
Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Absolutely right. I find the lack of any green option disturbing. At LEAST give us F8 green (rename it if you must, but that's silly) like the charger and challenger have. It's not right that they get better olive drab greens than the Wrangler. Just immoral, I say!

6a7787c9afea9a8e22f857f9db468519x.jpg
I don't think that green looks very good on the Challenger. But on the Wrangler it would look awesome, i think.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
What's the second blue color? Is Bikini considered a blue? I think Jeeps should always be offered in Army green. Always.
Yes, to me at least. I am seeing and was referring to the bikini as a blue. Might be wrong but all I really care about is green.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Well if this is accurate, I'm really happy I pulled the trigger on ordering a 2018, so I could get Mojito. I fell in love with it as a color and I like having something unique. I'd imagine a Mojito Moab would be really rare. I just hope mine comes, it's been built and is sitting in I status, best guess is waiting on LED lights.
"Mojito Moab" has a nice ring to it!

SamJ

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR- 6 Speed
Am I the only one disappointed in the 2019 color options? First year it makes sense that they can't offer a bunch of colors because they are trying to keep things simple as production ramps up but now you would think we would get more options. I have been holding off on a 2018 because I have yet to find a color I fell in love with like the Rhino Blue or Army Green. I guess I like understated Jeeps but not White, Black or Gray. Not sure how much longer I can wait but I know I'll be disappointed in a few years when a color I really love comes out.

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I think I saw an asterisk on the color chart for Bikini being late availability?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I think I saw an asterisk on the color chart for Bikini being late availability?
Most likely. New colors are typically late availability with FCA products. The charger/challenger always did that. Every time a new “extreme” color would come out it would be late availability.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Tan leather seats will develop a "patina" over time. Whether you like that sort of patina is a personal choice. Some people think it gives character to the leather. Some hate it so much that they are constantly spending money to clean it and restain it to what they think it should look like.

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR Mojito!
Agreed. F8 Green will even be avail on the Durango late 19. It should be on the Jeep.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
F8 is the best green since late 90’s Moss Green.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Am I the only one disappointed in the 2019 color options? First year it makes sense that they can't offer a bunch of colors because they are trying to keep things simple as production ramps up but now you would think we would get more options. I have been holding off on a 2018 because I have yet to find a color I fell in love with like the Rhino Blue or Army Green. I guess I like understated Jeeps but not White, Black or Gray. Not sure how much longer I can wait but I know I'll be disappointed in a few years when a color I really love comes out.
Jeep has being doing colors this way since I can remember.
Colors are not model year dependent. Expect to see a lot of “late availability”. When they do come out a bunch of other colors will be phased in along side the color you wanted then quickly discontinued. It has nothing to do with year model (I.e. Hella Yella).
The “army” looking colors come out like every other year. They don’t always look like the swatches posted online. For example “Commando” looked more like baby poo than the “Rescue Green” people were expecting. “Tank” was spot on though.
If colors are a big deal, you may be out of luck for the next few years unless it’s Silver, White, or Black is Red. . The greens, yellows, blues, and greys can dramatically change and be of limited availability. Metallic paint is usually limited to at most 4 colors a year, but the bright side is Jeep is one of the few companies that doesn’t charge extra for it. You may not be able to actually get it, but they won’t upcharge you if you do.
Perhaps it keeps resell values high or adds to the uniqueness or something.

jack snakeskin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT86
in the German Jl configurator they charge 590 euros for the mate colors and 890 for the metallics

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Per new FCA CEO, the Dodge Avenger is secretly being sold as a fleet vehicle to The Avengers that's why it's listed.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Everything about that link is wrong. The pics are of the wrong years, the wording looks like it was created by a robot (a bad one) and those color swatches are from years ago. It shows the dodge avenger which hasn't been sold since 2014.
And the Chrysler 200, Town and Country, Patriot (there's no Cherokee listed)…..fake news.