Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU Price (MSRP) Officially Released!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the Evoque, I can get a base Discovery with a diesel for 55k MSRP that probably comes with most of the things that are considered options on the JL.
I'm just messing around, but it's a shame that fully loaded Wrangler with a Diesel is probably going to be more than that.
Sponsored

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
option and package pricing?
Yeah, just not released. base MSRP, package grouping and package pricing are all intertwined. Bean counters set prices for all these taking many, many, variables into account. Not something thats chosen last minute. It's a science, not an art.

Why it's not shared it, I can't say.

Brodiec27

First Name
Brodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I just ordered my 2018JLU a little frustrating that pricing is not available so I’m not sure what the total price is going to be. I received a copy of the options I want so I basically ordered my wish list jeep because it’s christmas and hopefully when he calls me with the total price I don’t have to call him Scrooge.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Welcome to the new world of cheap long-term financing. For most, its all about the payment, not the bottom line and when we can make the payment cheap by mortgaging a vehicle for 72-100 months, who cares what the MSRP is right? To replace my F-150 tit for tat with 2018 would be $71K MSRP, up $4K from my sticker's MSRP.

Look at the prices of powersports vehicles nowadays such as RAZRs, ATVs and dirtbikes. You can mortgage those for 84 or more months so who cares if that Turbo RAZR is $25K? Look at new boat prices whether lake or offshore. Totally through the roof, but you can mortgage one for 20 years at 5.9%.

Everybody rides!
Nooooooo!!!!!! This is so wrong!!!
If you think this way to buy a vehicle then you've fallen into the dealer's trap.

Always buy a vehicle like this:
1. Negotiate the price of the vehicle. Get your best price, be it by researching invoice price online, buying through Costco or some other organization, or the program others have mentioned on this site (don't recall the name of it). Go into the dealer with knowledge!
2. After the price is agreed to, then and only then, talk financing. You should always go into a dealer with a financing option already in place, from your bank or credit union or rich uncle :). Then you can compare and negotiate the financing at the dealer. Maybe they beat your other financing option, maybe they don't, but you are in a position to turn down their financing, yet still be able to purchase the vehicle. They will not give you the best deal unless they know you have another option.
3. Then and only then, do you mention you have a trade in. Do not mention this ahead of time even if the salesman asks. Then they have to tell you what they are giving you for the trade in. If it's too low, sell it yourself. If you don't want to deal with selling it yourself or you need the trade-in money for the down payment, fine, but at least you know what they're giving you.

As soon as you mix these together, you have lost, the dealer wants to mix these altogether to confuse you. Do not let them do it! They want to sell you a monthly payment, not a vehicle at a specific price. If you start by talking payment then in all likelihood you paid too much for the vehicle. Take it one step at a time. Do not move to the next step until you are happy with the step you are on. If you can't agree, find another dealer.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JESUS CHRIST. Yeah, I'm totally out. Will have to wait for a used JLUS
Yeah, it ain't cheap.
You may be better off getting a used JK.
When I went shopping for a JK in early 2014, I wanted to buy used. For most cars, used is the way to go, get one with fairly low miles and save a bunch of money. But when Jeep shopping, the used prices were crazy! For a few thousand more, and I mean less than $5000 (compared to 2012's), I could get a comparably equipped new 2014 JK instead of a used 2012 JK near or beyond warranty. I love that Jeeps (Wranglers) hold their prices, but I don't know how anyone sells a used Jeep priced so close to new. Plus I can order it with what I want, not settle.

I understand the price is crazy high. My point is, if you're holding our for a used JL at a more reasonable price, you may be waiting a long time.

Resale value is good for sellers, not so good for buyers.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I'm sitting on a paid for 2012 JKU Altitude in mint condition, with almost every option. It's highway miles are high 95,000 and it still books out for over 20k, So I'm going to Carmax first and getting their offer, then to dealer and hear their numbers. I want a JLUR modestly equipped. And probably will only to be able to get it with a shit ton of down money! Waiting for my damn dealer to call me! What's with this hit and miss ordering, makes no sense to me. OH yeah, after negotiating, I'm hitting them with the " TL" discount, if they don't honor it (which I think they do). I'm going old school, I'm getting up and walking out! Lol

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
If you think this way to buy a vehicle then you've fallen into the dealer's trap.

1. Negotiate the price of the vehicle. Get your best price, be it by researching invoice price online, buying through Costco or some other organization, or the program others have mentioned on this site (don't recall the name of it). Go into the dealer with knowledge!
2. After the price is agreed to, then and only then, talk financing. You should always go into a dealer with a financing option already in place, from your bank or credit union or rich uncle :). Then you can compare and negotiate the financing at the dealer. Maybe they beat your other financing option, maybe they don't, but you are in a position to turn down their financing, yet still be able to purchase the vehicle. They will not give you the best deal unless they know you have another option.
3. Then and only then, do you mention you have a trade in. Do not mention this ahead of time even if the salesman asks. Then they have to tell you what they are giving you for the trade in. If it's too low, sell it yourself. If you don't want to deal with selling it yourself or you need the trade-in money for the down payment, fine, but at least you know what they're giving you.

As soon as you mix these together, you have lost, the dealer wants to mix these altogether to confuse you. Do not let them do it! They want to sell you a monthly payment, not a vehicle at a specific price. If you start by talking payment then in all likelihood you paid too much for the vehicle. Take it one step at a time. Do not move to the next step until you are happy with the step you are on. If you can't agree, find another dealer.
Woooa, someone read the cars.com how to buy a car. Realaistically, you don’t have to do this. I guess you could if you wanted to spend the day at the dealership negotiating. Just come in and lay it all out. I agree, do your research and understand what the true value of your trade is, what the vehicle you want can be bought for, and for God’s sake your credit. Don’t show up with a 450 credit score, 10k Burried in your trade, nothing down and expect your 300 a month payment. Realistically numbers don’t lie. Because I’ve sold thousands of cars and you can make it as difficult or easy as you want it to be. We don’t want you there for hours either, trust me, I’d rather just give you a good deal, maybe we haggle over 300-900 bucks and let’s do this in less than 20 minutes. The finance guys will make you wait longer with me than it will be to put a deal together.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Woooa, someone read the cars.com how to buy a car. Realaistically, you don’t have to do this. I guess you could if you wanted to spend the day at the dealership negotiating. Just come in and lay it all out. I agree, do your research and understand what the true value of your trade is, what the vehicle you want can be bought for, and for God’s sake your credit. Don’t show up with a 450 credit score, 10k Burried in your trade, nothing down and expect your 300 a month payment. Realistically numbers don’t lie. Because I’ve sold thousands of cars and you can make it as difficult or easy as you want it to be. We don’t want you there for hours either, trust me, I’d rather just give you a good deal, maybe we haggle over 300-900 bucks and let’s do this in less than 20 minutes. The finance guys will make you wait longer with me than it will be to put a deal together.
I've learned from years of experience and it has served me well.

I think you are the exception in the car selling world if you do everything you can to give your customer the best deal. My hat is off to you! I agree with the best deal, no hassle approach, as you will earn a customer for life. But how many dealers do this?

Good point on credit score.

Why don't you list your location? I'm sure people on this forum would look you up for a great, no hassle deal, and I mean that with all respect.

kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Some of the reviews mentioned the 2lt has turbo lag which really means its turbo lag sucks. I drove a preproduction 2018 Ram 8 speed back in July and that had turbo lag which was horrible.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
If you’re looking at Range Rovers check out the Velar! I bought one when it first came out couple months ago and it is phenomenal!

I’m trading in an Evoque for the Wrangler!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Yeah, it ain't cheap.
You may be better off getting a used JK.
When I went shopping for a JK in early 2014, I wanted to buy used. For most cars, used is the way to go, get one with fairly low miles and save a bunch of money. But when Jeep shopping, the used prices were crazy! For a few thousand more, and I mean less than $5000 (compared to 2012's), I could get a comparably equipped new 2014 JK instead of a used 2012 JK near or beyond warranty. I love that Jeeps (Wranglers) hold their prices, but I don't know how anyone sells a used Jeep priced so close to new. Plus I can order it with what I want, not settle.

I understand the price is crazy high. My point is, if you're holding our for a used JL at a more reasonable price, you may be waiting a long time.

Resale value is good for sellers, not so good for buyers.
Yeah, I'll be waiting for a long time, but I don't feel like getting ripped off right now. The whole point of wanting the JL is all the new tech, comfort and convenience. The JKs were too ancient for me and my dream car has always been a 4 door, AWD, Convertible with GROUND CLEARANCE. The evoque has 1 inch less ground clearance and I don't give a rats ass about departure angles as long as protesters don't get stuck under my vehicle.

UN1263

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible, 2016 F150 Limited

You totally misread what I wrote.

Whether my personal vehicles or my corporate owned vehicles, I write checks for them.

The point being is the economy revolves around the middle classes buying things they can't afford based on money they don't have.

Throw in low apr 72-100 month financing for the things the middle class can't afford and guess what? You have inflation.

Here's a dirty little secret they don't teach in government school: There's no such thing as "zero" percent financing.

Chew on that for a minute.
Sponsored