Sponsored

Girls think that the hottest car is the Jeep...

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Agree or disagree, your vehicle says something about you and your personality. It’s an outward indicator of the inward you.

So choosing a vehicle designed to be useful, utilitarian and fun will say something very different about you than choosing something flashy, noisy, and impractical.

And maybe, just maaaybe, other people can pick up on that.
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Selfish and anti social. To quote one of my favorite people on here, “You are my spirit animal “!:)
You have pretty great taste in favorite people on here. :rock:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Allow me an analogy: this one, unlike prior opinions, routinely verified by social scientist researchers.

Assume a heterosexual model here (not that I take issue with any consenting and *safe* model of human bonding and procreation). Safe: not two first cousins (or genetically closer men/women) having biological children given the propensity for the expression of genetic mutations we all carry, but are rarely expressed given a randomly selected mating partner.

Off soap box:

A woman's desire to dress to the nine's (the analogy if you will being the bling of a fancy sports car) has been shown to often be as much, if not more, about seeking the approval of other women, than men; not that I'm in any way suggesting that the latter doesn't also exist, because it does, and both are IMHO perfectly okay.

Painting in broad strokes, good, bad or indifferent, it's been shown that such dressing up factors and motivations are slightly different for men.

It's my opinion that Sport's cars conform more to the women analogy for dress. Like in the dressing up example, and I admit I paint in broad strokes: many women are gear heads and love owning/driving sports/fast cars, that us men of the race get our Sports cars for the similar 3 reasons: how it makes us feel, how it impresses other men, and how it impresses women--or stated in more generic editorial free terms for sexual preference, how it affects pair bonding: same or different sex attraction alike.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
My ex wife once bought a vehicle and her only criteria was a certain color of blue. Not make, model..... no more thought went into it than buying a t shirt.:facepalm:
Notice I said ex!

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My ex wife once bought a vehicle and her only criteria was a certain color of blue. Not make, model..... no more thought went into it than buying a t shirt.:facepalm:
Notice I said ex!
I met my husband on a car forum. I think being a non-car person might be a deal breaker for me. :angel:

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Notice I said ex!

Wife: "I saw an awesome car today, you would've loved it!"
Me: "Oh yeah? What was it?"
Wife: "I dunno, it was red."
Me: "oh...uhh..cool?"

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A woman's desire to dress to the nine's (the analogy if you will being the bling of a fancy sports car) has been shown to often be as much, if not more, about seeking the approval of other women, than men; not that I'm in any way suggesting that the latter doesn't also exist, because it does, and both are IMHO perfectly okay.
I don't know if I would say that I wear makeup or dress up or buy nice shoes to impress other women per se (not being argumentative because I know you were doing broad strokes, and I am a sample size of ONE total whackjob woman). In my mind, I wear things because I like how it looks.

As an example, I love 40s style makeup and bright colored hair. My husband, however, likes neutral lipstick and blond highlights. This is me pretty much every day- purple or pink hair and bright lips. I have no idea how he puts up with me.

(Edit to ask: Did the thumbnail insert option disappear? That pic of me is ginormous!)

32693336_10216821758641001_8686056608624541696_n.jpg

Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
I don't know if I would say that I wear makeup or dress up or buy nice shoes to impress other women per se (not being argumentative because I know you were doing broad strokes, and I am a sample size of ONE total whackjob woman). In my mind, I wear things because I like how it looks.

As an example, I love 40s style makeup and bright colored hair. My husband, however, likes neutral lipstick and blond highlights. This is me pretty much every day- purple or pink hair and bright lips. I have no idea how he puts up with me.

(Edit to ask: Did the thumbnail insert option disappear? That pic of me is ginormous!)

Well, when you click on it , it gets bigger but that's not a bad thing.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

I totally get this.

We both totally get that in my painting with broad strokes I recognized individuality like yours might differ.

I hope you love your husband as much as I do my wife when I say you are both smart and pretty.:)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I might have to try that on something else :cwl:

my bank balance!
My bank account screams, "woman, you know there is not money in here for that bumper. Stop looking!" I think clicking makes it shrink. :(

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Love it when girls think you're rich, because of how nice your car looks, but little do they know, you're not and you just love cars. By the time they find out it's too late anyways :cwl:
Sponsored

Last edited: