Sponsored

Girls think that the hottest car is the Jeep...

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Was just doing research before ordering a JL, and this randomly came up on Youtube. Apparently the Jeep is the hottest vehicle out there for a guy to drive (if you care about that at all).. haha

I’ve owned 3 German sports cars and let me tell you for a fact that what is said here is patently false, at least where I live in an East Coast resort town. It could be different in other parts of the country, for sure.

My Jeep is cool, without question... but it’s not nearly rare enough to have people yelling “nice car” at you everywhere you go.
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve owned 3 German sports cars and let me tell you for a fact that what is said here is patently false, at least where I live in an East Coast resort town. It could be different in other parts of the country, for sure.

My Jeep is cool, without question... but it’s not nearly rare enough to have people yelling “nice car” at you everywhere you go.
Shhhh...all of us girls are alike regardless of location.

Of the women I know, about 2/3 are indifferent to cars. The other 1/3 I met through car shows and car forums. Speaking for myself only (so sample size of one), I have never been impressed by any man because of his car, even if the car itself was impressive.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport

Of the women I know, about 2/3 are indifferent to cars. The other 1/3 I met through car shows and car forums. Speaking for myself only (so sample size of one), I have never been impressed by any man because of his car, even if the car itself was impressive.
I said they yell “nice car” not “I really want that dude driving the nice car.” Haha. I never heard that but I’m sure they were saying that too. (Said with sarcasm)

Besides.. I have a wife. with her during the time we owned all three of those cars. To be honest, she didn’t like driving the 911 because of all the attention she would get from men. I think she drove it alone maybe twice.

Note to Mustang owners.. stop asking German sports car owners how much horsepower it has. We don’t really care. Mustangs are heavy so it takes more power to move it.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup

But if they carried your fob for you, or held your purse at the mall, you’d be impressed ;)

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Lol that was so degrading imo. Instead of “what kind of vehicle would you want?” It’s “what kind of vehicle would you like to be picked up in?”. Parents must be so proud

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But if they carried your fob for you, or held your purse at the mall, you’d be impressed ;)
You would be amazed at the number of men who have specifically said they want my purses for their Star Wars collections. I can't risk anyone holding them. ;)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I have a different take on this. First the disclaimer. Women are as different as the numbers of them that share this "3rd rock from the sun" with us men.

But that said, a women may like a guy's fancy sports car but not want it for herself.

The Wrangler on the other hand they may not only like their significant other's driving, they may want one for themselves too because everyone likes fun things!

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a different take on this. First the disclaimer. Women are as different as the numbers of them that share this "3rd rock from the sun" with us men.

But that said, a women may like a guy's fancy sports car but not want it for herself.

The Wrangler on the other hand they may not only like their significant other's driving, they may want one for themselves too because everyone likes fun things!
I definitely like having my own Jeep and just dating someone who had one would never feel the same. Of course, my brother once told me that I must have flunked sharing in kindergarten. :giggle:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I definitely like having my own Jeep and just dating someone who had one would never feel the same. Of course, my brother once told me that I must have flunked sharing in kindergarten. :giggle:
Selfish and anti social. To quote one of my favorite people on here, “You are my spirit animal “!:)

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
A cool car …not.

Guys are better off with a puppy…lol.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said they yell “nice car” not “I really want that dude driving the nice car.” Haha. I never heard that but I’m sure they were saying that too. (Said with sarcasm)

Besides.. I have a wife. with her during the time we owned all three of those cars. To be honest, she didn’t like driving the 911 because of all the attention she would get from men. I think she drove it alone maybe twice.

Note to Mustang owners.. stop asking German sports car owners how much horsepower it has. We don’t really care. Mustangs are heavy so it takes more power to move it.
My wife also hated the attention when she drove our 911. The only people interested in my GTR were other car nuts and guess what? Most were guys. Most cars attract GUYS, …. the truth! lol!

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My wife and most of my female friends would agree.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I do feel that the sample size (2 girls) was adequate to represent the entire world population of women. .
close! here goes the random sampling! and or some boring math stuff!
approx. # of women on the planet 3.7 billion, general inspection type, inspection level III, AQL level of 1, = sample size of 1,250 women. move the AQL to 15 = 80 Units (women). Some where inbetween is a sample size that represents every woman on the planet LOL!
- no I am not even close to a math guy. was @#$%ing terrible at math. I have worked in QA/RA for the last 15 years of my life and get random sampling maths :)
Sponsored