Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU Price (MSRP) Officially Released!

wmpj08

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKUR
Back to my earlier question earlier, I thought this was the first Jeep to allow manufacturers to add the upgrades straight from the factory? I thought that was one thing that was emphasized on the mojito green rubicon they had at the LA Auto show? I may be wrong but if anyone has clarification that would be great! Anyone interested in a 2013 fully loaded Manual transmission Rubicon unlimited!!!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Ordered a 2018 JL Rubicon this morning....msrp $36,995. 3.6 L V6. 8 spd. auto $2000. Leather trimmed black buckets seats $1395. Trailer tow & HD electrical group $795. Safety group $795.Body color fender flares, $395. Black 3 piece hardtop 1095. LED lighting group $895.00. Destination fee $1195. Sales tax $3752. & DMV fees 300.00 Total list $ 45,560.00 Sale price $43,500.00 + $3752.00 sales tax, DMV fees $300.00.....Total $ 47552.00. ( Rubicon Unlimited $ 4000.00 add to base price)
Where did you get the pirces on the extras? Thanks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Back to my earlier question earlier, I thought this was the first Jeep to allow manufacturers to add the upgrades straight from the factory? I thought that was one thing that was emphasized on the mojito green rubicon they had at the LA Auto show? I may be wrong but if anyone has clarification that would be great! Anyone interested in a 2013 fully loaded Manual transmission Rubicon unlimited!!!
No additions from the factory. There are just more mopar aftermarket parts available from the dealership.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I don't think Chrysler will hit the sales numbers they are projecting with the steep price hikes. The majority of customers buy the Sport S trim. With it being $4,000-$6,000 more with an auto and hard top than the JKU this will push many customers into something else.
I think they will sell out. I agree they’ll likely lose some current Wrangler owners, but they’ll gain a whole new segment of customers.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
those price increases will make preowned a better buy, but will prolly increase their value as well. today EVERYTHING is OVERPRICED!!!! we make more than in the past but it DOES NOT go as far, + watching how vehicles are built today on Velocity channel shows how automation has taken over reducing the overpaid autobuilders used. those machines are surely costly but bought over many times by the outrageous profits from excessive markup!!!

Powdrmut

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2018 JL Rubicon
Where did you get the pirces on the extras? Thanks
Hey Wanderer, These prices in my earlier post, are from my local Jeep dealer, Mullen Motors in Southold NY. I received a four page description of Rubicon standard features code and a confirmation page with options ordered with their code and prices. This a family Chrysler dealer in business 50 years here, not some high volume dealer from up island. Steve

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Let's compare apples to apples on the options. The tow package also includes Aux switches for add on electrical items for the $795 and a better alternator. So I feel that's fair. The auto transmission, at least on the Rubi, with JK the auto was $1400 and $695 for 4.10 gears. That is pretty even. The base Rubi 2 dr went up $2700 but it included the power package that was $1595 on the JK. All looks pretty fair too me

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
My dealer in Southern Cali does not see prices as of now yet either, lets hope we can get them very soon.

Sponsored

UN1263

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible, 2016 F150 Limited
those price increases will make preowned a better buy, but will prolly increase their value as well. today EVERYTHING is OVERPRICED!!!! we make more than in the past but it DOES NOT go as far, + watching how vehicles are built today on Velocity channel shows how automation has taken over reducing the overpaid autobuilders used. those machines are surely costly but bought over many times by the outrageous profits from excessive markup!!!
Welcome to the new world of cheap long-term financing. For most, its all about the payment, not the bottom line and when we can make the payment cheap by mortgaging a vehicle for 72-100 months, who cares what the MSRP is right? To replace my F-150 tit for tat with 2018 would be $71K MSRP, up $4K from my sticker's MSRP.

Look at the prices of powersports vehicles nowadays such as RAZRs, ATVs and dirtbikes. You can mortgage those for 84 or more months so who cares if that Turbo RAZR is $25K? Look at new boat prices whether lake or offshore. Totally through the roof, but you can mortgage one for 20 years at 5.9%.

Everybody rides!

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Welcome to the new world of cheap long-term financing. For most, its all about the payment, not the bottom line and when we can make the payment cheap by mortgaging a vehicle for 72-100 months, who cares what the MSRP is right? To replace my F-150 tit for tat with 2018 would be $71K MSRP, up $4K from my sticker's MSRP.

Look at the prices of powersports vehicles nowadays such as RAZRs, ATVs and dirtbikes. You can mortgage those for 84 or more months so who cares if that Turbo RAZR is $25K? Look at new boat prices whether lake or offshore. Totally through the roof, but you can mortgage one for 20 years at 5.9%.

Everybody rides!
I only really hurts once a month anyway......

Jon38933893

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I lived in the Toledo area, I use to sell them for 9 years and I know 10-12 different sales reps very well at big CJD Stores in the North east, and all said (Options $ is not ready yet)
Dealers use whats called (Dealerconnect) to order and price out cars in the store. (This is what you have been seeing with the drop down menus that people have been screen shoting and putting on here) Dealerconnect DOES not have pricing yet on options...

If the above person did in fact get pricing on the options when ordering please upload your Build sheet because that dealer must be the only in the country to have this, Dealers 4 miles from the Main Plant and Kuka Plant do not have access to this yet..

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Everybody rides!
This!!!! x 1,000,000

Cheap money (ie cheap loans) has caused inflation to go through the roof world wide (can thank the federal reserve for that). The low interest rates and people switching from looking at the cost to payment has allowed prices to get out of hand on everything from cars, boats, utvs, and even houses. As the new normal is how much can I acquire based on my paycheck . Instead of what can I afford vs save.