Sponsored

Reviews Compilation: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport, Sahara, Rubicon (w/ Videos)

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Any of the videos people have found show the full 3 piece hard top being removed?
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
TFL came out with a new video. Not a comprehensive review, not even a minor review, just a "how fast is this thing?" quickie look at the new turbo.

Update: now that I've gotten near the end, there is some discussion about the road handling.

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
TFL came out with a new video. Not a comprehensive review, not even a minor review, just a "how fast is this thing?" quickie look at the new turbo.

Update: now that I've gotten near the end, there is some discussion about the road handling.
When that video first started, they had everything in sepia tones. I though at first it was a new color not previously mentioned, like a desert sand color. Wish they would make it....

DirtyDina

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
First I've seen of the raised white letter KO2's, wish those were optionable.

Sponsored

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Why is it that NO one has talked about the "Active Noise Cancellation" (ANC) feature listed in the JL Wrangler Order Guide ? .... I mean it's a major feature to improve on-road comfort. :whatsgoingon::whatsgoingon:
Wonder if it's because most of the time they were topless?

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Yes those are all pretty good reviews, I think the clutch on the manual was the only negative thing that stuck with me.

Favorite quote, "The drive back gives time to reflect. If you went to an automaker today and asked them to build a two-door body-on-frame trucklet with a convertible roof and almost no cargo space—riding on live axles (and oh yeah, the windshield needs to fold down and you should be able to take the doors off and hose out the waterproof interior)—you’d be laughed out of the room."

Sponsored

MotoOverland

First Name
Moto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Golf TDI
The only review that matters
Agree... Doug did an excellent review.

For those new to the Wrangler, he provides a ton of detail in one video. I have to hand it to Jeep for the attention to detail paid to EVERYTHING. I am 100% sold on the JL Wrangler.

Last edited:

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
After sorting through the reviews, I have to say that 3000-4000 is a small price to pay over the JK. The vehicle is so much improved

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
The only review that matters
Yes! Best review I've seen, dude took 30 minutes to cover everything. Helped me make my mind up on some things I was on the fence on. Wasn't sure on which top and engine. I'm square now on all options, engine and top. Thanks for the good find.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! Best review I've seen, dude took 30 minutes to cover everything. Helped me make my mind up on some things I was on the fence on. Wasn't sure on which top and engine. I'm square now on all options, engine and top. Thanks for the good find.
And? You chose what? Don't leave us hangin' man.
Sponsored