Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I don’t have many complaints, I had a steering issue that seems resolved thru the software update and clicking noise was fixed by tightening ball joints but other than that it’s been a good ride, there are some things that annoy me like the loud jet engine fan and that second battery that is going to be a real pain getting to when it needs to be replaced, there are some Uconnect quirks but so far it’s been a solid ride that has started everytime and I currently have almost 5k miles on it and I have only had it about 5 months
Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
With the doors off, it looks unfinished and like it wasnt meant to be doorless. They also need to bring back the round roll bars.
You clearly have a good sense of taste. When you flip the windshield down or when the doors and top's off, the roll bars make the JL look like it crossed a river of hungry piranhas.

The JK's roll cage at least looked great and made the JK (and older models) look like a proper enthusiast's vehicle.

Rhino0427

First Name
D.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I get it, its a minor thing, but having a keyless start, and not a keyless entry. Its a PITA to dig for the fob, just to unlock the door and that's all its needed for.

JL Sahara

First Name
Arnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Question to throw out, getting ready to finally put my Hot Heads headliner and side panels on,
Any tips or other addition added to keep it where it belongs? Thanks in advance
Installed mine yesterday, laid everything in the sun to make sure the tape would stick , installed completely with the sound strips in less than an hour , made a big difference on my drive to work

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Thanks for the info. Just made me 100% positive I bought the right headliner

Sponsored

Tommy T

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Hemi Cuda Covertible
Occupation
Engineering/Construction
Only complaint is the packages, trim level,
marketing strategy. I can understand the trim
levels, that is cool. But seems all manufactures,
Have bundled crap. Just one example, I like the heated seats, heated
steering wheel, but you got to have the remote
starter b.s. and garage door opener bundled
up, wtf, you gonna start your engine up from
the deer stand so it will be nice and toasty
for your spoiled ass. Wise up and offer the separate options menu. What’s the deal with the push button start, but keyless entry is extra, have you bumped your head and lost your mind?
Especially on an average price of $40,000 plus
Jeep. How come you can’t get steel bumpers on
the Rubi only? it is a Jeep. BTW, they forgot the
Fu Fu powder compartment with the blind spot monitor.
Just offer an executive package with everything
bundled up for a hell of a deal. The marketing
scam is worst than the banksters

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
I hate garage opener only work with key on. Then again... I understand why Jeep made it that way.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Maybe this has already been mentioned but I have the Rubi with the leather seats. While I like the raise a lower feature, the handle is in a bad place. After sliding out of my Jeep 4-5 times I have to raise the seat again. Everythime I get out it goes down one setting.
You're going to destroy your leather seat bolsters in a very short period of time if you keep sliding out like that.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I get it, its a minor thing, but having a keyless start, and not a keyless entry. Its a PITA to dig for the fob, just to unlock the door and that's all its needed for.
It was an option. A very cheap option. Like a half percent of the overall price.

Yeah should be standard at that price but it was there.

Sponsored

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
It was an option. A very cheap option. Like a half percent of the overall price.

Yeah should be standard at that price but it was there.
I agree with you. I saw so many Sahara and Rubicon fully loaded without proximity entry... not sure why...

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
I noticed the 7slot grill is missing from behind the rear view mirror and the little rock crawler jeep is missing from the lower passenger side windscreen corner. i love these little icons. not sure why they are missing on the JL????
My Jeep has the logo in both headlights and the rock crawler on lower right of windshield.

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Has anyone noticed the suction cup imprints on the windshield from where they lowered it onto the Jeep during the factory build? It appears when the windshield gets fogged up.
Yes!! Very annoying! Cleaned the windshield several times...still there.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
You're going to destroy your leather seat bolsters in a very short period of time if you keep sliding out like that.
Man I cannot help it! my feet don't reach the ground! looking at running boards now.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Man I cannot help it! my feet don't reach the ground! looking at running boards now.
I hear you @Turfman James. Let me say this. As a Sahara owner, as you probably appreciate, my running boards came standard: a bit of a necessity in my height challenged family.

While useful for vehicle entrance, I find myself jumping down when exiting the rig over using these running boards as a egress step--but to each their own. Balancing on the them with your feet facing away from the rig on egress, or turning 180 degrees to have your feet facing the rig on egress have both proved to be awkward positions for me.

IMHO, with running boards, should come as a standard collateral purchase, grab handles. The factory one on the "A" pillar is useful, when entering the rig's driver's seat, for the left hand, and the purchased grab handle for the right.

Reverse that either for egress or passenger's side entry.

Cheers.
Sponsored