RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
If I understand correctly, few have issue with putting a vehicle in park before getting out of it. It's just the dang opening of the door and getting the rig thrown into park that's the sore spot (right?).

OK..do I also I understand correctly that when the door is detached, this functionality of auto park switches over to weight on the driver's seat? I want to see I read/saw/heard that somewhere.

If so, does FCA determine that the door is off by virtue of a disconnect electrical harness?

If so, buy the female and male versions of this door plug from FCA, wire the two plugs togetehr and put an on/off switch on it, charge $35 when the cost of materials was "$22.70" and sell it: people will buy.

...or make your own.
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Like I said, it will only engage when you have no pressure on the brake pedal. I’ve tried both forward and reverse with the door open. As long as you have very slight pressure on brake pedal, auto park will not engage.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have noticed on mine that when I'm in 4-low, AutoPark is disabled. Hmmm...

I have also noticed that during the Tazer JL marry/unmarry process, the "AutoPark is Disabled" message will appear on my cluster for several seconds. But then it goes back to being enabled when programming is finished. What in the heck is up with that? Why can't @joe@zauto just permanently disable AutoPark as a feature if his product already temporarily disables it during the course of it's process???

Ledpaddle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm happy for the auto transmission and most especially for the full time 4wd. However the auto park is driving me crazy. I do not want to get in, close the door and buckle up in order to move my JLU four feet in order to get it out of the sun.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I'm happy for the auto transmission and most especially for the full time 4wd. However the auto park is driving me crazy. I do not want to get in, close the door and buckle up in order to move my JLU four feet in order to get it out of the sun.
You don't have to buckle up. Closing the door is good enough. I've moved my Jeep several times by a couple of feet without a seat belt on.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
You don't have to buckle up. Closing the door is good enough. I've moved my Jeep several times by a couple of feet without a seat belt on.
Don’t even have to close the door if you touch the brake pedal with your left foot while moving.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Apparently the Tazer JL now supports Auto Park disable. I'm about to update mine and go try it!

First Name
Claire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You have to close the door before you shift into park to disengage the auto-park. If you open the door again, it will reengage. I'm still not aware of any scenario where you'd need to drive with your door open so it shouldn't be a big issue for anyone.
When backing up to a trailer, backing up a trailer, driving up a narrow path, driving down a narrow path, using your winch, using someome elses winch, or even just trying to quickly move out of someones way... having to have your door completely shut can cause problems! And when you spend close to 50 thousand dollars on a vehicle that can be driven with no doors or roof. It can get extremely frustrating to push the gas pedal and go nowhere, unless the removable doors are completely closed!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
When backing up to a trailer, backing up a trailer, driving up a narrow path, driving down a narrow path, using your winch, using someome elses winch, or even just trying to quickly move out of someones way... having to have your door completely shut can cause problems! And when you spend close to 50 thousand dollars on a vehicle that can be driven with no doors or roof. It can get extremely frustrating to push the gas pedal and go nowhere, unless the removable doors are completely closed!
Having backed up several trailers in my life, I've never had the door open... I use my mirrors and turn my head to look out of the window my friend. And that includes a 26 foot Uhaul truck with a car dolly.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Damn you auto park, I will eventually get at Tazer or some programer, but until then.

Got this out of a salvaged vehicle and had to grind it down a little to work. Put the strap on to be able to visually see if left in the Jeep seatbelt buckle. $0.00 invested except grinder usage.

20180820_133616.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Damn you auto park, I will eventually get at Tazer or some programer, but until then.

Got this out of a salvaged vehicle and had to grind it down a little to work. Put the strap on to be able to visually see if left in the Jeep seatbelt buckle. $0.00 invested except grinder usage.

20180820_133616.jpg
And what is you plan for that? Please try it and report back...

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
And what is you plan for that? Please try it and report back...

When you want to leave the Jeep in neutral with the engine running and get out so the Jeep will stay in neutral, you can buckle the seatbelt behind you to accomplish the same thing. I already had this to defeat the seatbelt chime on another vehicle when I would load Alfalfa hay bails by my self on a trailer, the belt buckled behind me while driving and getting in and out several times was irritating.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mazeppa Did you stop to think that there is a reason I said to go out and try your buckle gizmo and report back. You'll see... ;)

You are talking defeating auto park with this, right.........

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
@mazeppa Did you stop to think that there is a reason I said to go out and try your buckle gizmo and report back. You'll see... ;)

You are talking defeating auto park with this, right.........

ONLY works when the engine is running, plug this into the drivers female seatbelt buckle, put the Jeep in neutral, open the door, and the auto park does not engage. If you shut the engine off after this sequence auto park will engage. This can also be achieve by buckling your seat belt behind your back on the drive side. This may work when the Jeep is in drive or reverse, not a situation when I need to get out of the Jeep. I just want to leave the Jeep in neutral on vary rare occasions and get out.

The strap under the compartment in front of the gear selector when pulled will put the transmission in neutral in any situation, but I already had this seat belt buckle thing made.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
ONLY works when the engine is running, plug this into the drivers female seatbelt buckle, put the Jeep in neutral, open the door, and the auto park does not engage. If you shut the engine off after this sequence auto park will engage. This can also be achieve by buckling your seat belt behind your back on the drive side. This may work when the Jeep is in drive or reverse, not a situation when I need to get out of the Jeep. I just want to leave the Jeep in neutral on vary rare occasions and get out.

The strap under the compartment in front of the gear selector when pulled will put the transmission in neutral in any situation, but I already had this seat belt buckle thing made.
Honest question here. If you're putting the vehicle in neutral each time you get out, would putting it in park each time be that much different?
Sponsored