Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

AUXILIARY SWITCHES

Four auxiliary switches located in the lower switch bank of the instrument panel can be used to power various electrical devices. You have the ability to configure the functionality of the auxiliary switches via the Uconnect settings. All switches can be configured for setting the switch type operation to latching or momentary, power source of either battery or ignition, and ability to hold last state across key cycles.

2018-JL-Wrangler-Auxiliary-Switches.jpg

The auxiliary switches control relays that power four blunt cut wires located in the interior passenger outboard foot well area and on the right side of the engine compartment near the battery.

In addition to the four auxiliary switch wires, a fused battery wire and ignition wire are also located in the interior, in the passenger out- board foot well area.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Auxiliary-Switches.jpg

Conveniently, Jeep also includes a kit of splices and heat shrink tubing provided with the auxiliary switches to aid in the connection/installation of your electrical devices!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Had no idea that they could be configured for momentary/ignition/on, etc... Nice feature to be able to configure them. This will be my first Jeep, and I get more and more comfortable with it each day. See ya later, Ford...lol

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any idea the wire guage and amp rating?

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I wonder if it will be possible to connect these switches to devices on a secondary battery in a dual battery kit.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I wonder if it will be possible to connect these switches to devices on a secondary battery in a dual battery kit.
I'm guessing not without another relay.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
I'm assuming this is something that can be upgraded to at a later date if no selected as an option when purchasing the Jeep?

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I'm assuming this is something that can be upgraded to at a later date if no selected as an option when purchasing the Jeep?
Yes, just more expensive, since you need to account for labor.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
Yes, just more expensive, since you need to account for labor.
True, but I’m assuming it wouldn’t be too difficult to install on your own and most likely there will be a good video/write-up for doing it, just like for an LED headlight upgrade. In place of the Aux switches are likely just false blank buttons as “place holders” in case it’s upgraded later.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
True, but I’m assuming it wouldn’t be too difficult to install on your own and most likely there will be a good video/write-up for doing it, just like for an LED headlight upgrade. In place of the Aux switches are likely just false blank buttons as “place holders” in case it’s upgraded later.
It could be difficult, we don't know yet. Ripping apart the dash, running and sealing stuff through the firewall, etc. Probably not trivial.

Sponsored

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be worried about the physical aspects of the install, it's not hard to run wires. But if you want it to be configurable like it mentions in post #1 the association with UConnect just made a mirror install more costly and difficult.

I am going through the process of doing a factory install of power windows and locks on my daughters JK. I have scrapped the original plan and going aftermarket as the dealer needs to get involved in programming once it is all installed.

My guess this is going to be literally 5x cheaper to do in the order vs after the fact..

Socceref

First Name
Ref
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara (loaded)
Trivial question, but.. any clean solution to replacing the buttons or labeling? Instead of Aux1 > CB Aux2 > Trailer . I have tape and a pen. I was hoping for the best and cleanest options. All ideas are appreciated.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Had no idea that they could be configured for momentary/ignition/on, etc... Nice feature to be able to configure them. This will be my first Jeep, and I get more and more comfortable with it each day. See ya later, Ford...lol
To be fair, Raptor has had aux switches since 2010... I miss my Raptor! (But am psyched for my new JL)

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, Raptor has had aux switches since 2010... I miss my Raptor! (But am psyched for my new JL)
Understood...and SPod has been out a while as well...plus one other I can't remember the name of. Point is, upfitter switches that are OEM are rare. And, after looking at the Raptor, with it's associated MSRP +++ pricing, I'm glad I went this way. The switches are just icing...

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Well I see wiring but can’t seem to find what the manual is stating:
Sponsored