Sponsored

Confirmation of buid/order date for 2019 JL?

Airdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Anyone know when i can build/order a 2019 JL? I heard mid- September but my dealership can't give me a date. Do we think the MOAB would be available to order on that same date?
Sponsored

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
Moab Sahara is a 2018 and available to order now. It is a ā€œlate availabilityā€ 2018. Basically the orders for 2018s were supposed to close September 19th but due to delays in sky one touch and 2.0 and i guess the Moab they released it after the 19th just extending the order banks for 2018s.

2019s WERE supposed to open September 13th I think but most recent (total guess Iā€™m sure) is 2019 order banks open October 19th.

Take that all with an enormous grain of salt however as nobody with any real knowledge has confirmed any of that.

FCA is absolutely printing money with the JL right now. They are in zero hurry to expedite model year changeover. If sales slowed because people were waiting for something new they might be in a hurry but, hell, they are selling them as fast as they make them right now so nobody is rushing anything.

Same reason the JK lived virtually untouched for 12 years. If it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix it. I am willing to bet the only reason we even got a JL was CAFE or they would have run that mother for another 5 years.

OP
OP

Airdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Moab Sahara is a 2018 and available to order now. It is a ā€œlate availabilityā€ 2018. Basically the orders for 2018s were supposed to close September 19th but due to delays in sky one touch and 2.0 and i guess the Moab they released it after the 19th just extending the order banks for 2018s.

2019s WERE supposed to open September 13th I think but most recent (total guess Iā€™m sure) is 2019 order banks open October 19th.

Take that all with an enormous grain of salt however as nobody with any real knowledge has confirmed any of that.

FCA is absolutely printing money with the JL right now. They are in zero hurry to expedite model year changeover. If sales slowed because people were waiting for something new they might be in a hurry but, hell, they are selling them as fast as they make them right now so nobody is rushing anything.

Same reason the JK lived virtually untouched for 12 years. If it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix it. I am willing to bet the only reason we even got a JL was CAFE or they would have run that mother for another 5 years.
Thank you for the feedback and insight. My dealer claims he can't build a MOAB right now as it doesn't show up on his list of options on his build sheet. I told his to search for option 24M - is that accurate? It also is not shown on the public Jeep website. Ugh.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the feedback and insight. My dealer claims he can't build a MOAB right now as it doesn't show up on his list of options on his build sheet.
As you probably noticed from the latest order guide, the Moab is really a package for the Sahara trim level (much like the Sport S is a package for the Sport trim level). Yes; 24M is the quick-order package code, but you have to start with JLJP74 (a Sahara). Hopefully your dealer was conversant with that.

OP
OP

Airdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As you probably noticed from the latest order guide, the Moab is really a package for the Sahara trim level (much like the Sport S is a package for the Sport trim level). Yes; 24M is the quick-order package code, but you have to start with JLJP74 (a Sahara). Hopefully your dealer was conversant with that.
Thank you. I will follow up with the dealership Monday.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda

so 2019 ordering is pushed back?

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
So, I can still order a 2018 base sport 2 door?

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
So, I can still order a 2018 base sport 2 door?
I just ordered a JLUR fully loaded with LEDs and steel bumpers on 8/16 and already got a VIN.

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a JLUR fully loaded with LEDs and steel bumpers on 8/16 and already got a VIN.
Lucky dog. I ordered back on July 7 (LED's and Steel Bumpers) and still don't have a VIN!

Sponsored

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the MOAB edition specs, Incase no one has seen them yet. Itā€™s straight off of FCA ordering guide

8052B16F-DDF2-4D3C-BF5E-5DE39323A9A3.jpeg

OP
OP

Airdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Here is the MOAB edition specs, Incase no one has seen them yet. Itā€™s straight off of FCA ordering guide

8052B16F-DDF2-4D3C-BF5E-5DE39323A9A3.jpeg
That is GREAT. Thanks you!!
How did you get into the FCA Order website?