Sponsored

Anybody else's JLs doors do this?

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
My two front doors make a clicking/snap/pop noise whenever they are opened or closed. I have tried lubing the pins and door check with no luck. I currently do not have the bolts installed on the hinges but wouldn't think this would make a difference as I've done this for years on my JK without issues. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this minor annoyance and if so what was your fix if you found one?
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are the bolts to the door checks tight? If they are loose, it could cause the check to move.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
the bolts are fine to leave out, I too have always done this, makes for removing the doors much faster.
I did have the click on the passenger door but after I slightly repositioned the door check and then tighten back down it’s gone.

You don’t have to totally back the bolt out just enough to move it and then tighten back down

OP
OP
Ntegtmeyer

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
the bolts are fine to leave out, I too have always done this, makes for removing the doors much faster.
I did have the click on the passenger door but after I slightly repositioned the door check and then tighten back down it’s gone.

You don’t have to totally back the bolt out just enough to move it and then tighten back down
Ok thanks I’ll give this a try!

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've noticed one (of the many) improvements of the JL over the JK and-

The doors are very stiff while opening and my '08 was so loose , I thought the door was gonna fly away-

I suppose as my JL gets "MORE USED" it'll loosen up!

W.E.

JIMBO

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed one (of the many) improvements of the JL over the JK and-

The doors are very stiff while opening and my '08 was so loose , I thought the door was gonna fly away-

I suppose as my JL gets "MORE USED" it'll loosen up!

W.E.

JIMBO
It’s because the JK did not have the door check like the JL’s do. So if you forget to hook the strap on the jk door after putting the doors back on, a lot of times they will swing open and the side mirrors will hit the side cowling in front of the windshield and dent it. It’s a nice feature for the JL to have.

Ict_JL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Fireman
Had my drivers door pop and crack. Took to dealer and they replaced the door stop. Warranty. Also I do not have door nuts on

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I didn't tighten the door stop enough once and it made the popping sound. Snugged it up and the noise has never occurred again.

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
My two front doors make a clicking/snap/pop noise whenever they are opened or closed. I have tried lubing the pins and door check with no luck. I currently do not have the bolts installed on the hinges but wouldn't think this would make a difference as I've done this for years on my JK without issues. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this minor annoyance and if so what was your fix if you found one?
I had this with the door bolts removed. I believe if you look closely in the door jam, you will probably notice it is rubbing paint- at least it was for me.

Sponsored

SWIRVN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (ordered)
My drivers door is popping/clicking when I open and close it. I’ve tried loosening/ tightening both hinge bolts, door check bolt and the two nuts on the door side with no luck to getting it to stop.

Any other ideas outside of door check replacement?

Just trying to avoid making a trip to the dealer.

Jarod129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JKU
My drivers door is popping/clicking when I open and close it. I’ve tried loosening/ tightening both hinge bolts, door check bolt and the two nuts on the door side with no luck to getting it to stop.

Any other ideas outside of door check replacement?

Just trying to avoid making a trip to the dealer.
Mine has been popping / clicking for a couple months now. When it first started making the noise, I isolated it to the door limiting stop. I sprayed some LPS NO.1 lubricant where the door stop goes into the door being I noticed a little grease in there. This stopped the noise, but it just started again which prompted me to search and see if anyone else has been having the same problem. On mine, when I put my finger on the door stop and open and close the door slowly, I can feel the popping / clicking. I sprayed it again with the LPS which did nothing this time. I sprayed lithium grease in there which didn't help either. All the hardware is tight. I guess I'll either be taking the door apart myself and looking at it, or just taking it to the dealer to have the door stop replaced. Only my driver side door is making the noise. It pops / clicks about three separate times when opening and closing the door and its fairly loud. The Jeep has 6500 miles on it.

PastoreJesse

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
My door is also making this popping/clicking sound as well. I’ve taken it to the dealer and they replaced the door check, but the noise hasn’t stopped. The next step they recommended was to replace the sheet metal where the door check connects, but I feel like this may be a little extreme to stop the sound...

Anyone have any ideas as to alternate options before taking that step? I’m just worried that they’ll end up doing more harm than good.

White2019Rubicon

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hi I just got my 2019 JLU Rubicon and took off the front doors this weekend. Now the drivers door is ticking as well, seems like once on open and once upon close. Has anyone figure out why they are doing this?

Thank you
Sponsored