2 Door Rubicon vs Sport S

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Sure anything is possible, just recall seeing earlier in the week or so reference that the JL Sport wouldn’t accommodate 33” without mods.
If you wanted to fit 33s no lift for normal road driving there would not be too much rubbing. The air dam can be trimmed. With some wider tires, they could rub on other suspension parts with factory rims. You can adjust the steering stops or add Spidertrax 1.5 in spacers that push the wheels out or get aftermarket wheels with 4.5-5" of backspacing (factory was 6.25"). If you didn't disconnect your sway bars you were fine. On the trail disconnected you may rub the fenders. That's where a cheap Daystar coil .75" spacer kit can get you a bit higher for clearance. It was only $40 for the JK. I ran the Daystar .75" spacers on top of 2" Rustys springs and had plenty of room for 35s on all 3 of my JKs.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Exactly...would require some kind of modifications...

If you wanted to fit 33s no lift for normal road driving there would not be too much rubbing. The air dam can be trimmed. With some wider tires, they could rub on other suspension parts with factory rims. You can adjust the steering stops or add Spidertrax 1.5 in spacers that push the wheels out or get aftermarket wheels with 4.5-5" of backspacing (factory was 6.25"). If you didn't disconnect your sway bars you were fine. On the trail disconnected you may rub the fenders. That's where a cheap Daystar coil .75" spacer kit can get you a bit higher for clearance. It was only $40 for the JK. I ran the Daystar .75" spacers on top of 2" Rustys springs and had plenty of room for 35s on all 3 of my JKs.