Track bar sheared off at the weld. I feel like I’m cursed with my new JL

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Subaru has a similar situation, although it’s a shitty B pillar weld which is in no way as dangerous to everyday driving like a track bar that breaks loose is. The most likely way that Subaru's deficiency comes into play is in a very bad collision or rollover. Their solution? Identify and recall the ALL of dangerous vehicles and give the owners brand new ones without shitty welds.

https://jalopnik.com/subaru-is-just-giving-recalled-2019-ascent-owners-brand-1828356237

Hey @JeepCares could you maybe ask someone of importance in Quality Control at Jeep to make a call to someone of importance in Quality Control at Subaru and find out how this is possible?

If you wait until someone is seriously injured (or worse) in a preventable crash because you failed to act in order to save a few bucks by not issuing a recall, it’ll end up costing a lot more than being responsible and properly fixing the issue immediately. Ask your actuaries.
Please stop tagging JeepCares with requests or questions that they cannot answer. They are here to help facilitate issues that are reported to dealers only. Their job is to be an advocate between the customer and the dealerships. They will work with the customer and dealership on reported issues only. They are not going to be able to respond to requests like this.

The people that are needing assistance are getting delayed due to JeepCares having to review all of the times they are tagged for things they cannot and will not be able to respond to. Please just stop tagging them unless you have an issue that you will be taking up with your dealer and even then send them a private message with your dealer name, VIN, mileage, and when you plan to bring it in.

Thank you
Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
As some of you know I had bad welds on my JLU sport. I've gone through 2.5 months of headaches with Jeep Cares, and Mike Manley's office, and even spoken to people at the plants. Today I finally made some headway and wanted to share with others who might have similar issues (welds, trackbar, steering, etc). I was given to my Local Regional Office's Customer Relations Manager for FCA. After talking to him twice he offered a reasonable plan that I am satisfied with. They are taking care of me. So as long as the plan comes to fruition all should be good again. He is also going make it so dealers are allowed to see my current JL again to have the trackbar bracket checked.

The Manager asked that I refrain from posting too much for details until this is completed but did say that if others are having similar problems to ask your dealers to put your in contact with one of the other Regional Office Customer Relations managers (there are 9 regions) and this should expedite your process. Even though we contacted Mike Manley's office at corporate, he said that it still would have eventually ended up in his hands. Hopefully the contacts you get to in your region are as helpful as the one I have reached.

I will post an update when things are complete.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
As some of you know I had bad welds on my JLU sport. I've gone through 2.5 months of headaches with Jeep Cares, and Mike Manley's office, and even spoken to people at the plants. Today I finally made some headway and wanted to share with others who might have similar issues (welds, trackbar, steering, etc). I was given to my Local Regional Office's Customer Relations Manager for FCA. After talking to him twice he offered a reasonable plan that I am satisfied with. They are taking care of me. So as long as the plan comes to fruition all should be good again. He is also going make it so dealers are allowed to see my current JL again to have the trackbar bracket checked.

The Manager asked that I refrain from posting too much for details until this is completed but did say that if others are having similar problems to ask your dealers to put your in contact with one of the other Regional Office Customer Relations managers (there are 9 regions) and this should expedite your process. Even though we contacted Mike Manley's office at corporate, he said that it still would have eventually ended up in his hands. Hopefully the contacts you get to in your region are as helpful as the one I have reached.

I will post an update when things are complete.
Glad to see you are approaching a solution .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Subaru has a similar situation, although it’s a shitty B pillar weld which is in no way as dangerous to everyday driving like a track bar that breaks loose is. The most likely way that Subaru's deficiency comes into play is in a very bad collision or rollover. Their solution? Identify and recall the ALL of dangerous vehicles and give the owners brand new ones without shitty welds.

https://jalopnik.com/subaru-is-just-giving-recalled-2019-ascent-owners-brand-1828356237

Hey @JeepCares could you maybe ask someone of importance in Quality Control at Jeep to make a call to someone of importance in Quality Control at Subaru and find out how this is possible?

If you wait until someone is seriously injured (or worse) in a preventable crash because you failed to act in order to save a few bucks by not issuing a recall, it’ll end up costing a lot more than being responsible and properly fixing the issue immediately. Ask your actuaries.
Of course you are correct ; but only Mike Manley has the actual power to do something .

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Of course you are correct ; but only Mike Manley has the actual power to do something .
That’s not true at all. Not even close. That is not a CEO’s job. There are people far down the totem pole from him who have the power and the responsibility to correct this. It doesn’t require his direct involvement unless it is a very far reaching issue. And even then, his job is not inspecting welds and correcting QC issues. That’s probably an hourly guy at the assembly plant or a middle manager over frame assembly. Maybe up to a VP.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
That’s not true at all. Not even close. That is not a CEO’s job. There are people far down the totem pole from him who have the power and the responsibility to correct this. It doesn’t require his direct involvement unless it is a very far reaching issue. And even then, his job is not inspecting welds and correcting QC issues. That’s probably an hourly guy at the assembly plant or a middle manager over frame assembly. Maybe up to a VP.

I respect your sincere opinion . But you need luck to reach people far down the totem pole who will actually do something .

In reality , most people working for a big corporation are kiss-ups and pass-offs . If a CEO has guts and class , he will act on important problems and delegate someone to fix it . If a CEO does not have guts and class , he will say : "sorry , not my job " .

Can you imagine an Infantry Brigade commander , upon seeing that some of his soldiers have ripped and torn pants , would ever say : "sorry , not my job " ? And tell the Company commander that's his job ? I personally know of an Infantry Brigade commander , who , upon seeing that a soldier had ripped and torn pants ; the Brigade commander took off his own complete pants , traded them for his soldier's torn pants , and then ordered his subservient Battalion commander to get new pants for everyone who needed them . Any commander who says "sorry , not my job" , ought never be a commander .

If a customer is too meek to contact a CEO , then the customer will be doomed to a perpetual runaround .

Last edited:

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Btw. Not saying you shouldnt try tocontact CEO MANLEY. Im just offering another option to do at the same time. Manley, Gerberding, and MacDonald are the guys at the top. Then you have their corp groups. Then you habe your 9 regional customer service managers. Any of these have the power to resolve big problems. The first 3 never personally responded to the many emails i sent. It was passed to their groups. Still nothing worked for me until i reached the regional customer service manager who listened and took action.

It really comes down to who is willing to listen and take action for you. I say try them all if u have time.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Btw. Not saying you shouldnt try tocontact CEO MANLEY. Im just offering another option to do at the same time. Manley, Gerberding, and MacDonald are the guys at the top. Then you have their corp groups. Then you habe your 9 regional customer service managers. Any of these have the power to resolve big problems. The first 3 never personally responded to the many emails i sent. It was passed to their groups. Still nothing worked for me until i reached the regional customer service manager who listened and took action.

It really comes down to who is willing to listen and take action for you. I say try them all if u have time.
In a perfect world , at least one of the guys at the top ought to had a word with you , to steer you to someone who could help you . A telephone call , or a letter , perhaps .

Or , maybe the guys at the top have a steering defect ?

Rather than a customer throwing darts and hoping to get help . That would be frustrating .

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

In my corporate experience, I’ve always found the “cc” carbon copy email function very useful. When I need a response or resolution, cc’ing an individual’s boss or manager usually results in a faster response.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
In my corporate experience, I’ve always found the “cc” carbon copy email function very useful. When I need a response or resolution, cc’ing an individual’s boss or manager usually results in a faster response.
Why not write to the head bigfoot in the first place ? Why write to a little foot and cc the bigfoot ?

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Why not write to the head bigfoot in the first place ? Why write to a little foot and cc the bigfoot ?
I would usually only cc the head bigfoot if the little foot is not doing their job. I would give the little foot an opportunity to respond or resolve my request. If they would not, then the manager, director, VP, or CEO gets cc’d on follow up request. This was a common occurrence with our IT department who would not facilitate requests needed for me to perform my job duties.

For serious issues, by all means, write to the CEO first but they may be too busy to respond. That’s why bigfoot has little feet as Directors and Managers.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I usually give the level ones one shot...then it is to their super. If they dont resolve its to the ceo. Some CEs are great some not. Years ago i contacted directvs ceo Jon Syranyi and he resolved a $4k situation in less than a day and hooked me up for 5 years with perks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Without a doubt.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This was a common occurrence with our IT department who would not facilitate requests needed for me to perform my job duties.
IT people are generally clueless about their own jobs , lol . But they all know how to play with their precious mobile phones , lol .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Years ago i contacted directvs ceo Jon Syranyi and he resolved a $4k situation in less than a day and hooked me up for 5 years with perks.
There you go ! That's a good example of a good CEO . He didn't say : "sorry , not my job" .
Sponsored