Sponsored

2 Door Rubicon vs Sport S

20ftRoosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo IX
Where do you see steel bumbers as standard?

The JL order sheets show steel bumper group AST as E for extra cost for Rubicon. Not available for Sport.
Ah I may be mistaken then, I thought for sure I had documentation of this but now I'm coming up empty. One thing to note though, in the mopar catalogue they refer to the parts as "rubicon steel bumpers" just like they refer to the "rubicon rock rails" and "rubicon hood" that are indeed standard. Add to this the fact that we've never seen a rubi without them, I'm gonna stay optimistic and think they will be standard after all.
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Ah I may be mistaken then, I thought for sure I had documentation of this but now I'm coming up empty. One thing to note though, in the mopar catalogue they refer to the parts as "rubicon steel bumpers" just like they refer to the "rubicon rock rails" and "rubicon hood" that are indeed standard. Add to this the fact that we've never seen a rubi without them, I'm gonna stay optimistic and think they will be standard after all.
They are not standard, they are optional. And we have seen pics of Rubicon's without them.

2018-wrangler-jl-rubicon-unlimited-granite-jpg.jpg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I hate to crush your dreams...

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I have a feeling we are going to be pleasantly surprised on Wednesday. I hope!

Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
33" will not fit on Sport without modifications.
33s fit on a JK with little to no modification. They won't have a problem fitting on a JL. You may have to trim some plastic pieces but most likely a 33Ă—11.50" tire will fit no problem stock.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
I found this data somewhere. (I converted sales figures to percentages.) Are 2-door Rubicons really so uncommon, do you think? I imagine that a 2-door manual Rubicon, which is what I'm considering, must be very rare, indeed.

2016 Sales Breakdown
2-door Rubicon 2%
2-door Sahara 3%
2-door Sport 15%
4-door Sport 42%
4-door Sahara 24%
4-door Rubicon 15%

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I found this data somewhere. (I converted sales figures to percentages.) Are 2-door Rubicons really so uncommon, do you think? I imagine that a 2-door manual Rubicon, which is what I'm considering, must be very rare, indeed.

2016 Sales Breakdown
2-door Rubicon 2%
2-door Sahara 3%
2-door Sport 15%
4-door Sport 42%
4-door Sahara 24%
4-door Rubicon 15%
That's interesting, because I've seen LOTS of 2 door Rubis with manuals. Then again, I see them off-road, so they are probably have a much higher probability of being used off road than most of the others.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s hope by price too...
Yeah, I'd love it to show up a few grand less than I expect. I need something left in my wallet for 35's and a lift!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Without the Highline fenders of the Rubicon and the extra 2” clearance, sure don’t see how 33” tires will fit on a JL Sport.

Trim some plastic??? :no:

33s fit on a JK with little to no modification. They won't have a problem fitting on a JL. You may have to trim some plastic pieces but most likely a 33Ă—11.50" tire will fit no problem stock.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Good info. :rock::rock::rock:

2 door Rubicon is definitely the most unique of the bunch...if price ends up right, this will be my selection. :clap:

2016 Sales Breakdown
2-door Rubicon 2%
2-door Sahara 3%
2-door Sport 15%
4-door Sport 42%
4-door Sahara 24%
4-door Rubicon 15%

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Without the Highline fenders of the Rubicon and the extra 2” clearance, sure don’t see how 33” tires will fit on a JL Sport.

Trim some plastic??? :no:
A lot of JK owners do it with spacers. I have no personal experience with it.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Sure anything is possible, just recall seeing earlier in the week or so reference that the JL Sport wouldn’t accommodate 33” without mods.

A lot of JK owners do it with spacers. I have no personal experience with it.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
In my infinite wisdom, I have decided that FCA should offer LED headlights on the Rubicon as standard. I am convinced this would tip the scales noticeably in favor of the Rubicon over the Sport S. They'd be richer as a result, and we Rubicon owners would be happier. I do hope they're reading this, before it's too late.

Apropos of absolutely nothing, once on a hike I met a woman with an Italian greyhound (very tiny dog). She said it was a rescue, and had a broken leg when she and her husband got it. I inquired what they had named the dog. She replied, "We asked ourselves, 'what's Italian and always broken?' So we named her Fiat."
Sponsored