Sponsored

What accessories do you wait most for to be built or invented?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
1) Bestop Sunrider for JL--which of course has already been created (for the JK, and I think the JL) just not marketed yet for the JL.

2) A Ballistic Fabric stretch resistant Cargo Cover that allows the heaviest of objects to be placed on top of it, and yet rolls up to nothing that can be stored under, say, a seat when the entire cargo floor to ceiling area is needed for tall objects not conducive to being placed sideways in the rig. Tuffy, for example makes great sturdy shelves (and they have their place in the market as lockable security devices as well,) even ones that lift somewhat, but they don't roll up into nothing when you need height in the cargo area.

3) A power soft top, not to be confused with FCA's new Power Top. Either a new top altogether in fabric that collapses, or hardware to open and close an existing MOPAR top to Sunrider position I think might have a market. If I could be working on a poor man's version with a manual worm drive, the electrical engineers and welders at one of the aftermarket vendors ought to be able to push our an Arduino based high torque slow turning DC electric motor version of same in a snap.

What's your wish list--not of things you want and are available now barring maybe your funds to pay for them, but yet to be built by the market?

Roof racks are fair game, given Gobi and maybe a few others have released theirs for the JL.

What's your dream team of aftermarket accessories, flying or self driving (or both) Wranglers notwithstanding?

(Aftermarket: listen up.)
Sponsored

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I have a whole list of stuff that I'm waiting on, but the most important ones that I really want asap are the Gooseneck platform with a 60% delete and maybe the AEV tire carrier with the 10 gallon fuel tank. I'm making my jeep and overlanding vehicle and having the platform will be great since I rarely have people in my back seats and it give me additional lockable storage spaces when I have is topless, but they won't be out until later this year.. I really want the Ursaminor Hardtop with tent too for quick camping trips and extra sleeping spaces for when I take out my teardrop trailer as well.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys talking about the Sunrider that goes where the hard top panels were? The current soft top does have the Sunrider feature, so I'm wondering if that's what you mean. Unless, you are looking for an aftermarket Sunrider soft top?

OP, I like that ballistic nylon cover idea!

I'm wanting Bestop soft doors, and I want to see the Mopar snorkel. I'm concerned that it might be a 2 piece unit, which is not good. I also want to see AEV's take on a snorkel. The Mopar won't allow for a dust separator to be fitted, but I'm certain AEV's will. Not sure yet I'll get a snorkel, but when I think about dusty trails out west, I give it serious thought. I'd love for it to be removable, with a mesh vent to go in the hood hole when not in use. I would only want it for off-road trips.

I'd also like to see the Mopar half doors come out, with soft uppers, along with Mopar tube doors. Obviously, I'm thinking about which doors I'd like for summer.

A CB mount for the upper center of the windshield would be nice, as well as an antenna mount (for my GMRS radios) that fits to the fender or for the accessory bolts on the side of the cowl, just in front of the mirror. I'd use a magnet mount for that, except that the hood and cowl are aluminum, so it won't work like it does on my JK.

FInally, I'd like an easily removable roof rack for the hard top that can support a rooftop tent. I want a rooftop tent, but I don't want it or the rack up there 99% of the time.

Most of what I want is supposed to be on the way, but when is the question. I'm sure I'll have others as I think about it.

Great thread, OP! Maybe vendors will check it out for ideas!

Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Soft doors are my number 1 wish. Love my JK ones and they'll be one of my first purchases when they become available.

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
1. Solid fabric bikini top
2. Frame/hinge mounted spare tire carrier
3. Center console/armrest cover

That’s the priority order I google search almost daily.

Wouldn’t mind a “TopLift Amateur” - the less than $1k version

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
1. Solid fabric bikini top
2. Frame/hinge mounted spare tire carrier
3. Center console/armrest cover

That’s the priority order I google search almost daily.

Wouldn’t mind a “TopLift Amateur” - the less than $1k version
You can create a Google Alert with those search terms and it will email you a link to it automatically when websites add those keyword phrases to their content.
https://www.google.com/alerts

Last edited:

Sponsored

Darkcanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Body armor and tail light guards for the JL. There are some for the JK.
Not likely to see tail lens guards on the due to technology for the sensors embedded in the tail lights. Perhaps for the non-sensor lights they could come up with something, but it would have to stick on with 3M tape as there are no longer fasteners to attach them.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Bestop Trektop Pro Hybrid Soft Top:
54853-17_dt_001.jpg

Wish this was a factory option. Really does seem to be the best of both worlds (hard top and soft top). Sliding glass side windows with screens are also my preference over removable windows (glass or plastic). Better for camping/dogs.

It's more of a hardtop replacement though, since you can't fold it all the way down like a 'real' soft top. But I think the top-down look only really works with half door/no doors, which I won't be doing with two kids in the back.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Not likely to see tail lens guards on the due to technology for the sensors embedded in the tail lights. Perhaps for the non-sensor lights they could come up with something, but it would have to stick on with 3M tape as there are no longer fasteners to attach them.
One of the JL forum sponsors, DV8Offroad, claims they are working on it so it would be compatible with the backup sensor on the tail light, but I'm not sure how unless they don't cover that whole side section so the sensor isn't blocked. - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ght-protection-guards.6440/page-2#post-310911

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Better tire carrier options. One for those that want to keep the stock bumper and don’t want to do the VERY expensive Mopar reenforcement and relocation brackets.
  • More options for third brake light/license plate/rear camera. Doesn’t seem like any one is happy with the options out. Some like certain things about each one.
  • More affordable and complete skid plate system.
  • More days of vacation to do more off-roading
Sponsored