Side Steps for 2 Door JL?

Rach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 2 Dr JL Sport S
I recently picked up my 2 door Sport S. When I placed my order, I opted not to get the factory installed side steps thinking that I could pick up something aftermarket that’s nicer and cheaper than $700 for the Mopar tubular ones.

However, after a frustrating long search I’ve come up with few options outside of Mopar. Has anyone found any good options that don’t require a ton of jury rigging?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Watchthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
The 2 Mopar styles are about all thats available at the moment. I’ve been looking because my JL should be in another 4 or 5 weeks. Roam Off-road should have their 2 door model out by then and I will probably get them.

OP
OP
Rach

Rach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 2 Dr JL Sport S
The 2 Mopar styles are about all thats available at the moment. I’ve been looking because my JL should be in another 4 or 5 weeks. Roam Off-road should have their 2 door model out by then and I will probably get them.
Thanks for the verification. Perhaps I'll hold off for a few weeks and see if ROAM comes through as anticipated

Definitely disappointing how few options are available in most mod categories for the 2 door JL. I feel likes we're completely an afterthought.

Watchthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I had emailed 3 companies to see if they had 2 door steps in the works for the JL. Only response I got back was Roam answered within 12 hours. When I bought my 17 I wanted steps so I didn’t have to take my Rubi rails off and there was a company told me any day theirs would be out. Well 3 months later I Get a pair and they were made wrong. Probably because they were made overseas who knows.

Sponsored

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
I added Ace Engineering Rock sliders to my JL Rubicon. Mounted to the body mounts without having to take off the Standard Rubicon Rock Slider. I like them, fit well with no rattles or Squeeks.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
I had emailed 3 companies to see if they had 2 door steps in the works for the JL. Only response I got back was Roam answered within 12 hours. When I bought my 17 I wanted steps so I didn’t have to take my Rubi rails off and there was a company told me any day theirs would be out. Well 3 months later I Get a pair and they were made wrong. Probably because they were made overseas who knows.
Do you mind sharing what Roam told you about the timing/availability?

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
I just contacted Rough Country today to see if their Contoured Drop Steps for the 2-door JKs fit the 2-door JLs and the answer was NO. They also could not give me an ETA on a JL version of that product. I really want something with a drop step but so far I'm not finding anything in that category.

Sponsored

Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW guys I just found a few more options on http://carid.com. If you queue up your model you should get four pages of results for the 2018 JL. Even though the pictures show 4-door models at times, click on the products and then click the Options button to see if they have the 2-door JL option. I was going to hold out for the Rough Country drop step bars, but found the ICI® RTS47JP - Magnum™ RT Series Wheel-to-Wheel Black Side Steps which were nearly identical and looked stronger and more durable for $305. I should get them in a few days and will report back once I have them installed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
FWIW guys I just found a few more options on http://carid.com. If you queue up your model you should get four pages of results for the 2018 JL. Even though the pictures show 4-door models at times, click on the products and then click the Options button to see if they have the 2-door JL option. I was going to hold out for the Rough Country drop step bars, but found the ICI® RTS47JP - Magnum™ RT Series Wheel-to-Wheel Black Side Steps which were nearly identical and looked stronger and more durable for $305. I should get them in a few days and will report back once I have them installed.
@Wrangled

You made a big mistake ordering from Carid.com . I would not buy from them if you gave me a 30% discount...
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Read here... one of many internet threads which echo.. stay clear of Carid:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/avoid-carid-resolved.12511/

And: I do not believe there is a 2 dr. version
And if they did, you will be giving up your Rubi rails and pinch seam will be showing.. 8-(

Watchthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
CF780DFC-3059-4742-A454-1EB77C017667.jpeg

Here’s a 2 door set from ICI purchased thru the Jeep Hut in Jasper Ga. Hopefully mine will be in this week.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!