Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The only good reason to get the Moab over the Rubicon is for the Sahara's auto 4H transfer case for those who are sure they have no use for lockers or sway bar disconnect. I can absolutely see the appeal of the Moab over the Sahara, visually, but you are paying for it.

The real disappointment is that it doesn't bring anything NEW to the wrangler lineup. Just some decals and badges. Past special editions had different bumpers, hoods, etc.
Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I think I may get one...I was having a hard time deciding between Sahara or Rubicon. The Moab is only $1,000 more than a Sahara I'd build...and a little less than a Rubicon I'd build. Plus get some extra things. I have no use for lockers or sway bar disconnects...no trails around here. I think the Sahara platform would be bettee for the snow around here. Only thing I dont like is the mud tires.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I think I may get one...I was having a hard time deciding between Sahara or Rubicon. The Moab is only $1,000 more than a Sahara I'd build...and a little less than a Rubicon I'd build. Plus get some extra things. I have no use for lockers or sway bar disconnects...no trails around here. I think the Sahara platform would be bettee for the snow around here. Only thing I dont like is the mud tires.
I had to look up you zip to see what area you were in. Your winters are a little longer then Chicago. Moab sounds like it is the best of both worlds for you. I don't like the mud tires either, too noisy and they are not as good in snow and ice. They should have put the KO2s on the Moab. I bet you would have no problem swapping for KO2s. with someone.

It's too bad they don't make tires a selectable option.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
:rock:
Oooo when/if you get it, I wanna see LOTS of pics!!! Yasss! :rock:

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a terrible attitude. You are aware that a vast majority of Rubicon’s sold never see dirt right?
LOLLL! This is correct! Most people I know have no idea where to offroad and there are so many Jeeps in my city that are purchased for "city life".

But tbh Idc if their Jeep never sees dirt. I'm only concerned about what I'm doing in mine...whether I'm offroading, commuting in the city, taking pics of its glorious green with my nails or matching bike. :cwl:

I have no concern or annoyance with anyone that has a Jeep to "mall crawl" whatever that means. As long as nobody is intending to physically harm someone with their Jeep, I'm chilling!

Tbh I didn't expect there to be so much negativity behind this Moab?
I'm quite surprised about this lol. Shrugs.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
LOLLL! This is correct! Most people I know have no idea where to offroad and there are so many Jeeps in my city that are purchased for "city life".

But tbh Idc if their Jeep never sees dirt. I'm only concerned about what I'm doing in mine...whether I'm offroading, commuting in the city, taking pics of its glorious green with my nails or matching bike. :cwl:

I have no concern or annoyance with anyone that has a Jeep to "mall crawl" whatever that means. As long as nobody is intending to physically harm someone with their Jeep, I'm chilling!

Tbh I didn't expect there to be so much negativity behind this Moab?
I'm quite surprised about this lol. Shrugs.
Honestly, I think a lot of the negative people just ordered or did a major purchase. Now something comes along that might have filled their needs better, so they’re getting defensive. Other than the mud tires, I like this Jeep. I won’t trade my Rubi for it though.
Maybe it’s just another form or the Jeep sibling rivalry that exists between models now. Or maybe they’re just bitter people.... who knows.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I think a lot of the negative people just ordered or did a major purchase. Now something comes along that might have filled their needs better, so they’re getting defensive. Other than the mud tires, I like this Jeep. I won’t trade my Rubi for it though.
Maybe it’s just another form or the Jeep sibling rivalry that exists between models now. Or maybe they’re just bitter people.... who knows.
"Jeep sibling rivalry"??? Why does this foolishness exist?! SMH.

I wouldn't trade my Sport for it either because I'm into modding as that allows my creative vibezzzzzzzz to flow! Modding = my signature, my stamp. But I have madd love for this Moab!

I hope they release the "build option" on Jeep.com so I can play around with the color LOL! :giggle:

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Jeep sibling rivalry"??? Why does this foolishness exist?! SMH.

I wouldn't trade my Sport for it either because I'm into modding as that allows my creative vibezzzzzzzz to flow! Modding = my signature, my stamp. But I have madd love for this Moab!

I hope they release the "build option" on Jeep.com so I can play around with the color LOL! :giggle:
You know what I’m talking about.... the ones who say your Sport will never be as cool as the extreme super awesomeness of my Rubi...... while that might be true, it’s not something I’d ever say:giggle:.
I like them all pretty much. I wouldn’t put any factory model or editions down... just some are not for me. I’d probably even wave at a Dragon edition....just never be seen in one :cwl:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
You know what I’m talking about.... the ones who say your Sport will never be as cool as the extreme super awesomeness of my Rubi...... while that might be true, it’s not something I’d ever say:giggle:.
I like them all pretty much. I wouldn’t put any factory model or editions down... just some are not for me. I’d probably even wave at a Dragon edition....just never be seen in one :cwl:
Hahaha!!! I feel this!
I LOVEEEEE my sport! There were some things that I didn't like about the Rubicon, Sahara or Sport S; and I can afford any of them.

Just the Sport was perfect for me in everyway, exterior/interior (loveee the manual locks and windows!) I only wish its front bumper was steel, but working on getting that "fixed" now lol. Every time I see Lil' Hulk I giggle. I think it's the most gorgeous thing on pavement....I'm smitten <3

Glad you love your Rubicon, and hope you love it as much as I love my Sport :)

And okay, explain "Dragon edition"? :movember:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha!!! I feel this!
I LOVEEEEE my sport! There were some things that I didn't like about the Rubicon, Sahara or Sport S; and I can afford any of them.

Just the Sport was perfect for me in everyway, exterior/interior (loveee the manual locks and windows!) I only wish its front bumper was steel, but working on getting that "fixed" now lol. Every time I see Lil' Hulk I giggle. I think it's the most gorgeous thing on pavement....I'm smitten <3

Glad you love your Rubicon, and hope you love it as much as I love my Sport :)

And okay, explain "Dragon edition"? :movember:
Umm.... don’t wanna think about it. Google Dragon edition jk. Look for interior shots too.:facepalm:. Real genuine Dragon skin trim.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Umm.... don’t wanna think about it. Google Dragon edition jk. Look for interior shots too.:facepalm:. Real genuine Dragon skin trim.
Hahahahaaaaaa! Bill don't hate me but I think it's hawttt! LOL!!!!! :cwl:

The only two things i don't like are the dragon on the wheel cover and the gold trimmed rims!

I like the interior too! :(

I think the graphic on the hood and on the side is gorgeous and i love the blacked out rear lights!

Tell me why you don't like it? :giggle:

I like it! FCA got a bit overzealous but I like the concept!

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/im...771,20772,20773,20774,20775,#&ui-state=dialog
Sponsored