Sponsored

DFW Show pics/videos -- Jeep Wrangler JL (shows self closing doors, headroom, turn signals)

Terry09

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
Updated with photos/videos from theplankeye, Lurvis33 and lrtexasman.

From homepage article:

The 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL has made its first appearance following its LA Auto Show world debut last week. It’s now on display in Sahara trim (in Firecracker Red color) at the DFW Auto Show in Dallas/Fort Worth. Several JLWF members have seen this JL Wrangler in person and shared these photos, videos and impressions with us.

In this video we’ve posted, you can see the front and rear turn signals in action as well as the self closing doors. The self close doors aren’t automated or motorized but the new “high energy” metal door check strap hinges were engineered so that the doors will swing closed by themselves once past the half-way door check point. Both the front and rear doors close in this manner.

The photos also show headroom space for taller owners. A JLWF member who is 6’5″ in height demonstrates how much space there is in the driver’s seat.

Adjustable height third brake light.

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-3rd-third-brake-light-jpg.jpg

Headroom for Lurvis33 who is 6'5" tall.

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw3.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw7.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw2.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw4.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw5.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw6.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw8.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw9.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw10.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw11.jpg

Here is a photo of the wrangler at the fort worth auto show

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner
Damn, I’m boarding a plane now at DFW and should have looked at this thread sooner to take a later flight.

kevin_wrangler

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90
But really though...
Yes, the doors are unlocked! I went yesterday and was the only one anywhere around it, climbed all throughout it. They only have the one JLU Sahara as shown in the photo previously posted. Definitely worth the $11 to get into the show.

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Is that the plastic or steel bumper?

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the doors are unlocked! I went yesterday and was the only one anywhere around it, climbed all throughout it. They only have the one JLU Sahara as shown in the photo previously posted. Definitely worth the $11 to get into the show.
Wish I could’ve gone yesterday or today but of course all the events seem collide together on the same weekend :facepalm: Tomorrow it is then!

HaoleRN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Corvette
I'm in Dallas and had no idea that Ft Worth even had an auto show. And of course I'll be out of town this weekend...

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
That Sahara interior is nice though. Damn you Jeep! The one time I want a 2 door!!!!!!

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I took a few pics while I was there! I’m 6’5” and I wish they had the freedom tops on. The actual sport cage seems to be thinner compared to the JK but I’m a little nervous if I’m going to be within an inch of the roof... loved everything else about it though and the new “self shutting” doors are pretty awesome. The grill looked great in pictures but is definitely bigger and person (see the headlight compared to my hand). It was still pretty sad though that I knew way more about it than the FCA representative.

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw2.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw3.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw7.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw4.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw5.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw6.jpg

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing the photos. How is the legroom compared to the JK(did you try it with the door closed?)
If they had a Rubicon and a 2dr I would already be on my way to Dallas.
I haven’t sat in JK since last spring but I’d say it’s improved. I use to drive a Kia Soul and currently drive a ‘14 Mustang so I’ve always been use to having my left knee lay against the door. I’m more of a “torso” tall guy so headroom is usually the issue for me. I can fit into a convertible corvette but not a hard top corvette

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Endeavor, Tundra
Checked out the new JL at the DFW Auto Show. Was impressed with the interior quality, fit and finish. Doors felt solid, seats were very comfortable. Slightly better rake on rear seats. Leg room in rear is slightly better, but 6 footers are going to be on top of the front seats. Front seat leg room is still pretty tight. I am 6' and 210 lbs and I had to have the seat all the way back. Seat back wings and thigh area fit my body well. Cargo area seems about the same. Overall exterior appearance is slightly noticeable from the JK. It's a very nice looking jeep and looks more like a refresh than a redo on the exterior. The interior feels very updated and very much a redo.

2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw8.jpg
2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jl-dfw9.jpg
Sponsored