Sponsored

LA Auto Show: HELLA YELLA JLU Wrangler Rubicon Photos

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
Like this color... not yet decided if it will be a flash color (who fit perfectly with the Wrangler Philosophy) or Granite....
Sponsored

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
You won't have to. 2-door ordering will open in February. :like:

This color isn't listed in the Order guide posted on December 4th is it possible it might become available early 2019?

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I see it will be available in March.
This color isn't listed in the Order guide posted on December 4th is it possible it might become available early 2019?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Has anyone seen this on a 2 door yet?
As it’s a late availability colour, seeing it at all was a bonus.

We’re likely not going to see a 2Dr until closer to the colour launch date (when they start to trickle out of the plant) or if it’s associated with a Special Edition then possibly at the SE announcement or shown at NAIAS in Detroit where you often see SEs.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Man. I’ve never had a yellow vehicle before, I wonder if they pull noticeably more attention from police than red.

AriRebel

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape
Is there anymore info on the Hella Yella color option? The ocean blue and nacho colors are coming out now instead of March, is it possible the yella will too?

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Man. I’ve never had a yellow vehicle before, I wonder if they pull noticeably more attention from police than red.
Statistically, not much difference in traffic stops between red and yellow vehicles as you cannot miss either of them, but neither color is really over-represented as a whole in the traffic citation numbers. In fact, police have a pretty good eye for vehicles no matter what their color that are "out of place," meaning driving faster than the traffic flow, weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, etc. Interesting enough, in one unscientific study, white cars were disproportionately ticketed at a lower rate than most other cars, suggesting some "invisibility" of white vehicles. I drive fast in almost all of my vehicles EXCEPT my Jeeps because when I'm driving my TJ (Flame Red) or JKU (Hydro Blue), I'm just enjoying the journey and generally in no hurry to get anywhere.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
no but iowned a yellow datsun king cab a longtime ago and I noticed that bees followed it around. no lie

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
no but iowned a yellow datsun king cab a longtime ago and I noticed that bees followed it around. no lie
Had a buddy with a yellow 'vette - not just bees, but ladybugs and all kinds of other flying creepy-crawlies used to flock to his car. My blue 'vette would be parked right next to his and nada. Not that he ever got teased about it . . . :)

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, just noticed the All Weather Mats didn’t have red lettering on this build. I wonder what dictates the red vs black? Is it just a matter of Factory vs separate Mopar purchase?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I thought he was my personal ma:like:scot​

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Just as an FYI to the thread, the Hella Yella is appearing in the Dutch and German Configurators (along with Mojito).

Odd that Nacho never made and appearance, and was mostly seen on Saharas (with a few Sports) at dealerships. I don’t think I saw a single Rubi, though they’re likely out there somewhere.

Hope one or both of these options still remain for the Fall/Winter 2019 model year.

A7953E07-FA18-45B2-810A-88954FCAEBDF.png

EEB604B0-8F6C-4DD0-9080-A04C1A86CF52.png

FE887C86-482D-48B5-A298-7B05C40631D0.png

50EE2D29-AA65-4011-BCC8-54FA9024595E.png

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
for all in so cal courtsey jeep (san jaun capistrano) has a nacho shara out front
Sponsored