Sponsored

Has Anyone Had A Wrangler With A 2.0 Turbo delivered To Them?

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
  • Just curious if anyone has had a wrangler with A 2.0 Turbo delivered to them?...Or who will be the first.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiconGaby

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I have seen them on jeep.com as vehicle in transit or on the lot. Don't know about ownership. I was wondering about the issues with the added stuff like e-Torque will handle mud and off roading. The specs on engine look great.

WazSupDog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Orange JL Sahara

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I drove a 2.0T back-to-back with a 3.6 last Sat. A Unlimited Sahara 2.0T with the Alpine and ANC. It's definitely quicker feeling then the 3.6. The 3.6 was a 2-door Rubicon and the 4-door 2.0T still felt faster. The flatter torque curve and the torque earlier is nice. Downside is the 2.0T has more NVH. It is not as smooth as the 3.6 and noisier even with the ANC. Steering felt slightly different too, need another test drive to pin point the difference?

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
I stopped in to my dealer today to check on my order (Rubicon with the power sliding roof). After my sales guy filled me in on the continuing delays with the sliding roof, he tossed me the keys to one of the 2.0 Turbo models that he's been driving. (He said they've got a bunch of Turbos in their inventory.) To me, the turbo model didn't seem to drive all that different from the 6 cyl with one exception. The turbo emits a high pitched whine that would drive me crazy. My sales guy confirmed that the whine is very noticeable to him as well.

coukos34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Cooper, 2016 Corvette Z51
I stopped in to my dealer today to check on my order (Rubicon with the power sliding roof). After my sales guy filled me in on the continuing delays with the sliding roof, he tossed me the keys to one of the 2.0 Turbo models that he's been driving. (He said they've got a bunch of Turbos in their inventory.) To me, the turbo model didn't seem to drive all that different from the 6 cyl with one exception. The turbo emits a high pitched whine that would drive me crazy. My sales guy confirmed that the whine is very noticeable to him as well.
Mine whines like crazy, I’m surprised I haven’t heard anyone else mention it. Was wondering if just a problem with mine, but I’ll wait for more to trickle in to see if others experience as well. Was the one you test drove also a Rubicon?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine whines like crazy, I’m surprised I haven’t heard anyone else mention it. Was wondering if just a problem with mine, but I’ll wait for more to trickle in to see if others experience as well. Was the one you test drove also a Rubicon?
The whining was very noticeable to me when I test drove a Rubicon 2.0T with ANC back to back with the 3.6. It's normal for a turbo engine. The whining is the turbo spooling up as exhaust gas is spinning the turbine. Do you have the upgraded Alpine and Active Noise Cancellation? The radiator fan on the 3.6 was super loud but not as noticeable with the windows up and a/c on. How is the fan noise on the 2.0T?

Sponsored

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
This one was a Sahara. Gorgeous leather interior, by the way.

coukos34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s been really hot in the northeast, and I’ve noticed the fan being pretty loud as well

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Mine whines like crazy, I’m surprised I haven’t heard anyone else mention it.
WTF, over? That's what a turbocharger sounds like when you put your foot in it. In fact, it'll probably whine with as much gusto as some of the people on this forum. :bandit:

coukos34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTF, over? That's what a turbocharger sounds like when you put your foot in it. In fact, it'll probably whine with as much gusto as some of the people on this forum. :bandit:
Actually you are wrong, I’ve driven a lot of supercharged/turbo/heavily modified cars.

It honestly sounds like a roots supercharger, as it whines in tandem with the RPM, and it’s not with my foot in it. It’s actuslly quite the opposite. I imagine it’s related to the eTorque, but just wondering if mine is perhaps louder than it should be. I’ve heard others say the motor was silent. I’ll be visiting the dealership soon anyways, so hopefully can compare and figure it out.

I’m fine if that’s how it is, I just want to know if something is wrong. I have one of the first delivered Rubicons, so it’s perfectly reasonable for me to question what is a sound I’ve never heard from a stock vehicle.

You sir can step off

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s been really hot in the northeast, and I’ve noticed the fan being pretty loud as well
Did you drive a 2.0T or 3.6? The radiator fan was VERY LOUD in the 3.6 Rubicon I drove. I thought for sure something was wrong until I herd another 3.6. It was very hot that day, around 95 degrees or more so A/C was definitely on.
Sponsored