Sponsored

Park sensors with 37’ rear tire

Therealjakedatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black 2" MOPAR Lift, 18X9.5 Vision Raptor wheels wrapped in 37X13.5R18 Toyo Open Country RT's, ROAM Side Steps
Not sure if this would work, but could there be a software solution to this problem? The park assist works using sonar to “see” obstructions, but could one of the programmers add an option to shrink the Park assist’s upward field of vision? I’m experiencing the same issue and will try rotating the tire tonight. Other than that, I’ve just been dealing with the beeping.
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I'm now running 37's and am not having this issue though it might have to do with the set up. Stock tire carrier, RC carrier relocation bracket, Fuel trophy 17x8.5 4.5BS and a 37x12.5x17 Cooper STT Pro.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
Not sure if this would work, but could there be a software solution to this problem? The park assist works using sonar to “see” obstructions, but could one of the programmers add an option to shrink the Park assist’s upward field of vision? I’m experiencing the same issue and will try rotating the tire tonight. Other than that, I’ve just been dealing with the beeping.
I just installed the rough country tire relocation bracket which lifts the wheel/tire 2+ inches and it fixed the problem. It is only $79.99 well worth the price to fix an issue. Also order from them directly because I asked about the sensors and they said ver 1 still had problems with he sensors but ver 2 fixed any and all issues and I can verify it works great even with my extreme -44 offset.

msteiner77

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I just installed the rough country tire relocation bracket which lifts the wheel/tire 2+ inches and it fixed the problem. It is only $79.99 well worth the price to fix an issue. Also order from them directly because I asked about the sensors and they said ver 1 still had problems with he sensors but ver 2 fixed any and all issues and I can verify it works great even with my extreme -44 offset.
What about back up camera and taillight? still fits?

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
This is why I didn't bother with the sensor option. I image they give false alarms when off-roading also. IDK...can they be disabled with a button?

Sponsored

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about back up camera and taillight? still fits?
Taillight on stock tire carrier raises to accommodate 35” tires from the factory. All you have to do is give the cable some slack which is very easy to do for the 2+ inches raise. The tailgate itself including backup camera the entire assembly is just raised by 2+ inches. No issues using the stock tire carrier.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is why I didn't bother with the sensor option. I image they give false alarms when off-roading also. IDK...can they be disabled with a button?
Yes they can be disabled with a button.

Jeep-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
I bought a new, lifted JL from a local dealer. They put on the Mopar reinforced tire carrier and 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. My passenger-side sensor goes off 100% of the time, and one or both of my center sensors gives false warnings occasionally. I called, and they said they could adjust the sensors and to bring it in. They sounded very sure that this sort of thing happens and that it is easily corrected. I'll keep you posted.

But Yeah, Mopar should have put a "sonar snapshot" feature in that fancy touch screen display to reset the sonar signature if you add bigger tires, fuel cans, jack, etc. This was a huge miss on their part.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a new, lifted JL from a local dealer. They put on the Mopar reinforced tire carrier and 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. My passenger-side sensor goes off 100% of the time, and one or both of my center sensors gives false warnings occasionally. I called, and they said they could adjust the sensors and to bring it in. They sounded very sure that this sort of thing happens and that it is easily corrected. I'll keep you posted.

But Yeah, Mopar should have put a "sonar snapshot" feature in that fancy touch screen display to reset the sonar signature if you add bigger tires, fuel cans, jack, etc. This was a huge miss on their part.
That's a $200+ product. The Rough Country relocation was $80 and I get 0 false alarms. With your info I am very happy I went the Rough Country route and not Mopar...

Therealjakedatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black 2" MOPAR Lift, 18X9.5 Vision Raptor wheels wrapped in 37X13.5R18 Toyo Open Country RT's, ROAM Side Steps

Please let me know how this goes, I have a similar set up and also got it done by my dealer so I’d love to head back and get it fixed.

Sponsored

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
of course I go on here and say I have 0 issues and the next day I have issues. Now I am getting false positives on the right most sensor only*. Not all the time and random. This did not happen the first few weeks after install. I called Rough Country and they say they have gotten reports tires 10 or 12 inches wide will have an issue. Mine is 12 so I for sure would have. The strange part is it took several weeks to start having problems. I am going to try to shift the tire to another spot on the tire carrier and hopefully that will fix it. If not I also suspect maybe the spare tire rubber isolators might be pushing it out some. I am going to have to test a few things...

Jeep-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Please let me know how this goes, I have a similar set up and also got it done by my dealer so I’d love to head back and get it fixed.
The dealers "fix' didn't even last to the parking lot. The guy at my dealer said the right side sensor is pointed inward which is why it hits the tire, and if you look at the bevels on the other three sensors, you'll see the two center sensors point down and the left one points out. (You really have to compare the bevels, the difference is slight.)

I'm going to go back to my dealer and ask them if they can put one of those center bezels, the ones that point down, on my right sensor.

Now, in the meantime, I've put a small velcro pad on the right sensor, and everything works now. I happened to have a roll of these things and it fit the sensor perfectly. The sensor still seems to work. It beeps at me when I first pull out of my garage. It's seeing the right wall. So, how does this work? I have no idea. I thought maybe the material in the tape was just enough to baffle the sonar signal so that it's not coming out like a fire hose, beeping at everything. Maybe that's how it's working.

So, yeah, continued discussions with my dealer, and a call to Fiat Chrysler to get them working on a solution ASAP. It's sad really. It's almost as if they don't know that Jeep Wrangler owners lift them high and put on big wheels and tires.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The dealers "fix' didn't even last to the parking lot. The guy at my dealer said the right side sensor is pointed inward which is why it hits the tire, and if you look at the bevels on the other three sensors, you'll see the two center sensors point down and the left one points out. (You really have to compare the bevels, the difference is slight.)

I'm going to go back to my dealer and ask them if they can put one of those center bezels, the ones that point down, on my right sensor.

Now, in the meantime, I've put a small velcro pad on the right sensor, and everything works now. I happened to have a roll of these things and it fit the sensor perfectly. The sensor still seems to work. It beeps at me when I first pull out of my garage. It's seeing the right wall. So, how does this work? I have no idea. I thought maybe the material in the tape was just enough to baffle the sonar signal so that it's not coming out like a fire hose, beeping at everything. Maybe that's how it's working.

So, yeah, continued discussions with my dealer, and a call to Fiat Chrysler to get them working on a solution ASAP. It's sad really. It's almost as if they don't know that Jeep Wrangler owners lift them high and put on big wheels and tires.
I wanted to resurrect this thread to see if the second generation RC bracket with the higher lift works better with the sensors.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So i am using a 37x12.5 which i measured at 36.25" OD
Wheel is a 17x9 -12

I am also running a .5" spacer on the spare tire to clear rear bumper
No relocation bracket just the mopar reinforcement.
I am also running this on a rubicon in case that matters.
With this setup i am not having any issues with the rear park sensors.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So i am using a 37x12.5 which i measured at 36.25" OD
Wheel is a 17x9 -12

I am also running a .5" spacer on the spare tire to clear rear bumper
No relocation bracket just the mopar reinforcement.
I am also running this on a rubicon in case that matters.
With this setup i am not having any issues with the rear park sensors.
With the smittybilt relocation bracket, my Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.50r17 is setting off the park sensors pretty consistently. I just pulled the trigger on the new RC bracket which raises it 4.5 inches instead of the smittybilt 2.5 but doesn't push it out as far to see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, I will just live with it.
Sponsored