Sponsored

standard and optional rubicon rims

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Both rims are very nice.

Do they actually come with the little red jeeps? :)

I think I'm going to the the silver-lipped ones for summers, and let the dealer rape me for a set of the black ones for winters.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Looks like the black with polished lip are upgrade. I am starting to like them the more I see them so not too disappointed

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I'm still confused about the standard and optional rubicon rims. Various docs of them, but the descriptions are the same for the two rim options :)

Whats further confusing me, is both mention a polished part of the rim. But some Rubicon photos show an all black rim.
As this never seemed to be resolved in this thread and it comes up again today, here is my theory from the other thread;

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-selec-trac-remote-proximity.2246/#post-31665

There are those standard ones (top) with an additional black coating. The polished lip (bottom of the Dec ordering brochure image/list , middle picture here in this post) would still be the othercurrently optional/available one, but a ‘not listed yet’ Special Edition one to arrive later would be the Standard... but in black powder-coat, like on the Hella Yella one which is something they do so SEs and would explain later availability of both the colour and the rims.

BD4EB764-3B06-4560-B3CD-2F9C90F051EE.jpeg

8BE59C3C-2A7C-4253-B342-E693A71F1BDD.jpeg

JJJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Sahara YJ in Sage Green
Im guessing special edition too based on all the photos etc seen so far for the black only wheels. Anybody have experience or recommendation with painting wheels because that looks like what I may do with my base Rubi wheels. Ha!

Sponsored

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
JK wheels are a direct swap too JL. That dealership in Arizona installed JK wheels on JL

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
Info I received at the San Diego auto show was this....the all black wheel was a MOPAR wheel and not something you can get from Jeep. Although if you build a Jeep Sport it comes with all black wheels. The SD auto show was a a big bust for me, a 2 dr Rubicon and a 4 dr Sahara and you couldn't sit in either one. Black and red colors respectively. I was very disappointed and I knew more about the new Jeep than they did!!!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
As this never seemed to be resolved in this thread and it comes up again today, here is my theory from the other thread;

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-selec-trac-remote-proximity.2246/#post-31665

There are those standard ones (top) with an additional black coating. The polished lip (bottom of the Dec ordering brochure image/list , middle picture here in this post) would still be the othercurrently optional/available one, but a ‘not listed yet’ Special Edition one to arrive later would be the Standard... but in black powder-coat, like on the Hella Yella one which is something they do so SEs and would explain later availability of both the colour and the rims.

BD4EB764-3B06-4560-B3CD-2F9C90F051EE.jpeg

8BE59C3C-2A7C-4253-B342-E693A71F1BDD.jpeg
Looks like I'll be painting the stock rubi wheels all black. Like on the Hella Yellow show JL. (I'll tape off the red jeeps of course )

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
has anyone else noticed that online the optional wheels seem to have gone down by $100?

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
My dealer is powder coating mine black which I worked into my deal.
I like this idea. Considering the lack of availability for the black wheels was the primary thing holding me back, I might try to see if I can get something like this worked into a deal--and if so, put down money to have them change my order to a sold order.

EDIT: Just texted my sales guy. He said the standard price was $125/wheel, but I have an appointment tomorrow to go in and 'finalize pricing'. Hoping these end up being gratis... ;)

Last edited:

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
My dealer is powder coating mine black which I worked into my deal.
Any idea what that would cost, I'm assuming they would send them out?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I like this idea. Considering the lack of availability for the black wheels was the primary thing holding me back, I might try to see if I can get something like this worked into a deal--and if so, put down money to have them change my order to a sold order.

EDIT: Just texted my sales guy. He said the standard price was $125/wheel, but I have an appointment tomorrow to go in and 'finalize pricing'. Hoping these end up being gratis... ;)
That's not bad they send them out or done in house?

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
That's not bad they send them out or done in house?
Not sure but I'll be sure to ask tomorrow.

Honestly, I'm indifferent as long as the person doing it knows what the hell they are doing.
Sponsored