Bike Rack Options??

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
Not too bad, I sent them an email and “George” responded after a day or two. We then spent another week emailing back and forth on measurements and what configuration would work best for my set up. They have a set USA price of $745 shipped to your door as well. I know this is on the high side in regards to price but I’m telling you the bikes are held up high, are rock solid once mounted. In addition, the ability to both move the pivot base out more to allow for my trasharoo bag on the spare tire and the ability to fold the rack with bikes down to access the tailgate are both huge assets. Once all was agreed upon it was only three days to ship to my door in Wisconsin as well.

Let me know if you want/need more info or pictures of my set up. In the UK right now so away from the Jeep but should be home by the 12th.

09311B54-4405-4E28-9C59-7643ABF17438.jpeg
A big thank you! When convenient if you can send me your configuration that would be nice. I’m hoping since they have worked with a 2 door rubicon the configuration for me should be quick to finalize. I did reach out using their form. Hopefully their responses will be similar yours. Their engineering designs make sense to me.
Regards
Jeff
Sponsored

Kelowna

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I also do alot of biking and prior to having my new JL would always have my bike ready to go anytime I had some time. I used a fork mount in the back of my pickup. I was able to do the same in the JL.

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
A big thank you! When convenient if you can send me your configuration that would be nice. I’m hoping since they have worked with a 2 door rubicon the configuration for me should be quick to finalize. I did reach out using their form. Hopefully their responses will be similar yours. Their engineering designs make sense to me.
Regards
Jeff
@Grousemont, I went with the 442-600-40 and the Extended Low Profile pivot base (PBE-L). George also shipped the hitch stabilizer as well with the rack.

In the picture below I used the first hole in the pivot base for the hitch pin and there are 4 additional holes that can be used so that the bikes would sit further away from the spare tire by approximately one inch increments depending on what hole is used. I choose this extended version of the pivot base for the flexibility it allows if one wants punch the bikes farther from the spare to allow for the ability to carry additional crap on the spare tire (e,g, trasharoo).

4804DC56-5EA5-4C55-BD80-5860C024BA4D.jpeg

Kelowna

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Kelowna - that looks great. Any idea if it will fit with the hard top on due to bar width?
I had to lower the seat a very small amount, but yes there should be no reason why it wouldn't. I'll give it a try later in the week, when the sun's out I like my girl(s) topless

Kelowna

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, how did you attach the fork mount?
I've set it up to hold two bikes. Mounted on a 2X4 for now. I plan to paint it black and secure it in place with a strap through the tie downs.
IMG_20180806_101258.jpg

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Grousemont, I went with the 442-600-40 and the Extended Low Profile pivot base (PBE-L). George also shipped the hitch stabilizer as well with the rack.

In the picture below I used the first hole in the pivot base for the hitch pin and there are 4 additional holes that can be used so that the bikes would sit further away from the spare tire by approximately one inch increments depending on what hole is used. I choose this extended version of the pivot base for the flexibility it allows if one wants punch the bikes farther from the spare to allow for the ability to carry additional crap on the spare tire (e,g, trasharoo).

4804DC56-5EA5-4C55-BD80-5860C024BA4D.jpeg
Dude...you rock! Thank you for the exact type of information one would look for. Hey @JAY this may be worth an elevated post.

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Dude...you rock! Thank you for the exact type of information one would look for.
No problem, glad to have helped and hope your interaction with ISI goes well. Note that there were times when they were very late in responding I started to think the were never getting back to me. Once were all on the same page however I think my rack showed up in 4 days from the PayPal transaction.

Thinking you will like the rack as well, I was debating between this one and the 1UP which a friend of mine actually has. The 1UP is a fantastic rack mind you and has some great features but the ISI rack beats it hands down in regards to no movement of rack and bikes on rough terrain. Just depends on what your priorities are in looking for a rack

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Still waiting on my JL to show up, but here is the 1up on my old TJ.

BCBFA6DB-8FC5-40D0-8FF3-38103D6F79D1.jpeg

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem, glad to have helped and hope your interaction with ISI goes well. Note that there were times when they were very late in responding I started to think the were never getting back to me. Once were all on the same page however I think my rack showed up in 4 days from the PayPal transaction.

Thinking you will like the rack as well, I was debating between this one and the 1UP which a friend of mine actually has. The 1UP is a fantastic rack mind you and has some great features but the ISI rack beats it hands down in regards to no movement of rack and bikes on rough terrain. Just depends on what your priorities are in looking for a rack
Yup. They haven’t responded yet. But they have a message on their web saying they are out of country traveling and will respond when they can.

JeepRat

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500, 2015 Lexus NX300h, 2017 Jeep Renegade, 2015 Subaru Forester, 2012 Lexus CT200H
I ended up getting the Rocky Mounts BackStage Swing Away rack. Not sure how it is going to fit next to the tire since I haven't got my JL yet but it works great on my pickup and my wife's Lexus. I'm guessing I'm going to need a hitch extender. I really liked the design of the ISI rack and 1UP but the cost of the extras really start to add up. I was able to get the Rocky Mounts through my LBS for about $470.

Pros: Easy set up, easy bike mounting, swing away so your bikes don't touch the ground, locking and much cheaper than other racks with similar options.
Cons: Probably not as stout or 'stoable' as the 1UP or as convenient as the Thule. Mounting the rack is done manually with a 19mm socket and the cable to lock the bikes is not retractable. Also, even with the rack tilted down the tail gate on the pick up will not fold down all the way, but because it swings away is not really a big deal. Only holds two bikes.

I needed a rack for a couple for couple of trips and I could get this one fast and it checked most of the boxes. One of these days they will invent the perfect rack.

https://rockymounts.com/products/backstage-swing-away-platform-hitch-rack
Sponsored