Sponsored

New JLU Rubi - Ordered and Delivered

Gray Fox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon, 16 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 4Matic, 15 Honda Accord Sport, 12 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew
Just wanted to echo all the nice things said here about Travis and Tri-City Jeep. My wife’s lease on her MB was coming to an end and she wanted something different. We had looked at Jeeps at the local dealers and for a loaded Rubicon, most wanted near MSRP. We had been able to get about $1000 off. We saw all the great comments about Travis, and since we were 100 miles away, decided to visit him one day, just to make sure he was for real. He priced the Rubi, gave us 6% below invoice, which was $7000 off. We ordered on 7/14 and were expecting a 8-12 wait. We got the VIN on Tuesday (after a Saturday order). On Wednesday 8/1, we got a call from Travis saying it had arrived that morning. That was after Jeep told us on Monday it was awaiting transport and would be 3 weeks.

We picked it up on Saturday, 8/4, only 3 weeks after ordering. No games, tricks or add-ons. We spent about 3 hours there, but that was mainly us, driving and talking. You can be in and out in less than an hour if that is what you want.

Granite Crystal Rubi, body colored top/fenders, polished lip wheels, Jeep safety, steel bumpers, cold weather, leather, tow, nav, keyless entry, led.
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just wanted to echo all the nice things said here about Travis and Tri-City Jeep. My wife’s lease on her MB was coming to an end and she wanted something different. We had looked at Jeeps at the local dealers and for a loaded Rubicon, most wanted near MSRP. We had been able to get about $1000 off. We saw all the great comments about Travis, and since we were 100 miles away, decided to visit him one day, just to make sure he was for real. He priced the Rubi, gave us 6% below invoice, which was $7000 off. We ordered on 7/14 and were expecting a 8-12 wait. We got the VIN on Tuesday (after a Saturday order). On Wednesday 8/1, we got a call from Travis saying it had arrived that morning. That was after Jeep told us on Monday it was awaiting transport and would be 3 weeks.

We picked it up on Saturday, 8/4, only 3 weeks after ordering. No games, tricks or add-ons. We spent about 3 hours there, but that was mainly us, driving and talking. You can be in and out in less than an hour if that is what you want.

Granite Crystal Rubi, body colored top/fenders, polished lip wheels, Jeep safety, steel bumpers, cold weather, leather, tow, nav, keyless entry, led.
I picked up my 2 door Punk'n Rubi Saturday as well. I would agree that there are no gimmicks, no hassles and an overall great buying experience. I see you are in the lake norman area so if you see an orange Rubi waving its probably me. If I don't wave i'm probably scrolling through the Sirius channels (so many to pick from).

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger

I saw you and your wife. I drove in from PA and picked up mine Saturday too. It was the Orange one.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I picked up my 2 door Punk'n Rubi Saturday as well. I would agree that there are no gimmicks, no hassles and an overall great buying experience. I see you are in the lake norman area so if you see an orange Rubi waving its probably me. If I don't wave i'm probably scrolling through the Sirius channels (so many to pick from).
Looks like I'm going to have to give Travis a call. I want to order a 2019 as soon as they open up.

OP
OP
Gray Fox

Gray Fox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon, 16 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 4Matic, 15 Honda Accord Sport, 12 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew
I saw you and your wife. I drove in from PA and picked up mine Saturday too. It was the Orange one.
Saw you there too. Hard to miss Punkin. My wife and I both went to Tennessee so Big Orange Fans. She couldn’t pull the trigger on something that bright!
Sponsored