Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
I think you did pretty well. Going to be a well equipped Jeep. Did you go for the 7" or 8.4" screen on the radio/media system?

I ended up at invoice plus $500, but I had to do some shopping to get that. The local (Duncan, BC) and one in Victoria (Wille) wouldn't even talk about it. Andrew at Woodgrove in Nanaimo was a straight shooter, and would negotiate. He was also very helpful when it came to deciding what we ended up ordering. He made the buying experience very pleasant.

They say from 2 to 4 months :facepalm:.

I ordered a Unlimited Sport S (GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, ALPINE® PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM, ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE, BLACK JEEP FREEDOM TOP® HARDTOP, COLD WEATHER GROUP, TECHNOLOGY GROUP and CONVENIENCE GROUP).
MSRP was $49885 and I negotiated for $46800. They accepted but came back to me saying the order has to include the convenience group ($150). So we agreed on $46950 about 6% below MSRP.
I knew people get close to invoice price in GTA and 5%~7% below in the States but I am a lousy negotiator :facepalm:.

Did you get close to invoice?
Sponsored

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon in FireCracker Red - Loaded
I'm sorry to say but, based on that timing, your drop-dead date is quickly approaching. My JLU, heading to Vancouver, was built and passed inspection on May 24 and its railcar just arrived in Edmonton yesterday (16 days). After it gets here, it takes a few more days to transport to the dealership and PDI. The estimated delivery date I have been given is June 23 - 27, a full month after it passed final inspection and was released for rail shipment.
FYI, My jeep sat in the yard on annacis island for just over 4 weeks - offloaded from the train and just sat there. My delivery date just kept getting pushed back every week. I actually drove down to the lots and found it - from afar!! lol - received it 15 weeks exactly from when I ordered it.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
I'm sorry to say but, based on that timing, your drop-dead date is quickly approaching. My JLU, heading to Vancouver, was built and passed inspection on May 24 and its railcar just arrived in Edmonton yesterday (16 days). After it gets here, it takes a few more days to transport to the dealership and PDI. The estimated delivery date I have been given is June 23 - 27, a full month after it passed final inspection and was released for rail shipment.
Just an update to my June 10th posting...

My JLUS arrived on Annacis Island, the Vancouver, BC, derail yard, on June 14th and it has been sitting there since. It has still not been delivered to the dealer.

josh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
I ordered on June 16. Should be here soon.
For the record, Downsview Chrysler in Toronto is great.
PM me for sales associate name. He's excellent.

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
I think you did pretty well. Going to be a well equipped Jeep. Did you go for the 7" or 8.4" screen on the radio/media system?

I ended up at invoice plus $500, but I had to do some shopping to get that. The local (Duncan, BC) and one in Victoria (Wille) wouldn't even talk about it. Andrew at Woodgrove in Nanaimo was a straight shooter, and would negotiate. He was also very helpful when it came to deciding what we ended up ordering. He made the buying experience very pleasant.
7" screen. I don't think Sport has 8.4" screen as added option.
I think invoice plus $500 is the best you could get in BC. Congrats!
Any updates on your order? I got my VIN last week. No further updates from my dealer.

Sponsored

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey gents,

I ordered my JLUR on July 5th from Islington Chrysler in Toronto. Great experience, and my 3rd Jeep from that dealership. I get EP (Dad was a plant manager) which was a welcome discount! VON that day, no VIN, but that's not unsurprising. Happy to wait as long as it takes to get exactly what I wanted.

Sting Grey with everything except:

8" uConnect
Tow/Aux kit
Leather

GenaL

First Name
Gena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0 2-door (Firecracker Red)
I tried contacting the Jeep.com chat to get an update on my build.

Agent: " Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! I can absolutely look into this here for you. Have you previously been provided a case or reference number?"
Agent: "Thank you for holding. I am showing the order here however I am not showing a stage update. Since it is a Canadian Vehicle we are not able to provide status updates. I would have to refer you to our Canadian Customer assistance team at 1-800-465-2001 or contact your Dealer directly." (Note: I tried calling that number before and they told me to contact the dealership for updates)
Agent: "My apologies due to the Canadian Privacy laws we are not provided the information."

So they can see it, but for some stupid reason are not allowed to tell Canadians.

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
I tried contacting the Jeep.com chat to get an update on my build.

Agent: " Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! I can absolutely look into this here for you. Have you previously been provided a case or reference number?"
Agent: "Thank you for holding. I am showing the order here however I am not showing a stage update. Since it is a Canadian Vehicle we are not able to provide status updates. I would have to refer you to our Canadian Customer assistance team at 1-800-465-2001 or contact your Dealer directly." (Note: I tried calling that number before and they told me to contact the dealership for updates)
Agent: "My apologies due to the Canadian Privacy laws we are not provided the information."

So they can see it, but for some stupid reason are not allowed to tell Canadians.
Had the exact same results. Then called the dealer and he didn't know anything I didn't know.

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
7" screen. I don't think Sport has 8.4" screen as added option.
I think invoice plus $500 is the best you could get in BC. Congrats!
Any updates on your order? I got my VIN last week. No further updates from my dealer.
Yes. Heard last week from my sales rep that month Jeep’s birthday will be this coming Friday, August 3rd. No news since then other than a lot of 2.0 Turbos have been built and are shipping. Ant news on yours?

gtcobra89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nil
Hello, everyone. I ordered a loaded JLUR on April 06, 2018. 16 weeks and 4 days later and it still hasn’t shipped. It’s built and I have a VIN. They're Killing me!! Dealer said they had quality control issues to resolve and that it should ship in July. They have 2 days left. I’m not holding my breath.

Sponsored

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like you ordered the 2.0 Turbo, like me. They are shipping now. Did you enter your VIN at https://jl.cryptostickers.net/default?page=6000?

Hello, everyone. I ordered a loaded JLUR on April 06, 2018. 16 weeks and 4 days later and it still hasn’t shipped. It’s built and I have a VIN. They're Killing me!! Dealer said they had quality control issues to resolve and that it should ship in July. They have 2 days left. I’m not holding my breath.

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
Yes. Heard last week from my sales rep that month Jeep’s birthday will be this coming Friday, August 3rd. No news since then other than a lot of 2.0 Turbos have been built and are shipping. Ant news on yours?
Good for you! Only a few days left :clap:
Mine is on it's way now. Can't wait. I've been eyeballing wheels since I heard about it.

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I was pretty much 12 weeks exactly from order date to pickup at the dealer.

Things (the wait) got a lot easier when I just stopped thinking about build codes and delivery estimates.

I got my pretty much loaded JLU Rubicon about 4 weeks after the build sheet/window sticker came out.

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
Oh happy day.
According to the JG site,
our Jeep was built yesterday.
Lwebs (Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Mojito!)
Date ordered: 06/26/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 07/20/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 08/04/18 11:51:00 PM
Gate Out 08/05/18 12:00:00 AM TOLEDO - RAIL
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/05/18 02:01:00 AM TOLEDO - OTTAWA
Sponsored