Sponsored

Top things you DON'T like about the New JL Wrangler

White Butte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
After 126 miles in the last two days, I'm finding that I really miss having a dead pedal. My left foot continuously searches for a resting place. Still have yet to find the "sweet spot". Hoping some of these aftermarket companies will come up with something to help.
Saw a post from one guy that fabricated his own and bolted it on.
Sponsored

rnocon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon
Cheap loose connections to the hardtop... When disconnecting the cable, it broke lose from the hardtop with a tiny pull. Then when connecting to the housing to hold that in place after roof removed, that housing popped out. Was expecting more durability from an off-road legend like the Wrangler!

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I think so far I’d say no auto-up on front windows is just bugging and frustrating in 2018 and at that price point, and the fact that that stupid ESS cannot be permanently deactivated, or set to Off as its default setting...
Other than that, everything else is on par to me ;)

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I think so far I’d say no auto-up on front windows is just bugging and frustrating in 2018 and at that price point, and the fact that that stupid ESS cannot be permanently deactivated, or set to Off as its default setting...
Other than that, everything else is on par to me ;)
I've never had auto-up on my windows, so I won't miss that or be disappointed, but if you really don't like ESS you can have your dealer disable it by default or buy a TazerJL to reprogram it yourself.

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
1. ESS - let me turn it off by default.
2. MP3 Player - takes 3-4 minutes to scan a 8GB thumb and loses its place while playing when you turn the Jeep off.
3. Auto down windows without auto up is just weird to me.
4. No locking gas cap.
5. No interior lights to find key hole for lock on glove box.
6. No dead foot pedal.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I've never had auto-up on my windows, so I won't miss that or be disappointed, but if you really don't like ESS you can have your dealer disable it by default or buy a TazerJL to reprogram it yourself.
@ToolMan514

I do not believe the dealer will do as you say in regard to the ESS. At least I have read they will not. If they would it would cost about $125.00 to have them do so. Yes, in regard to the Tazer Jl addressing the ESS.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
This dumb JLU has no built in sun block with the top and doors off. #driversknee

2FC0E75E-327E-4975-AFDB-5C0549D50F24.jpeg

OP
OP
Tyrantresister

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2. MP3 Player - takes 3-4 minutes to scan a 8GB thumb and loses its place while playing when you turn the Jeep off.
4. No locking gas cap.
6. No dead foot pedal.
Wow, does it really take that long to scan a thumb drive? And it doesn't save its place? Crazy considering you're forced to play music that way!

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wow, does it really take that long to scan a thumb drive? And it doesn't save its place? Crazy considering you're forced to play music that way!
There is a setting in uconnect for it to start where it ended. I thought the same thing. Dug arou d and found a setting for that.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Should have had an option for AC seats. Should have had power seats in the Sahara with driver 1, driver 2 save settings for seat positions.

Sponsored

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
I really miss physical gauges-fuel, oil pressure, temperature, battery charge, tach, and speedometer. This isnt just a complaint about jeep, though, this is a complaint about current vehicles generally. On a jeep, however, it’s just more pronounced as when Im in the wilderness, I appreciate the reliability and readabilty of actual gauges. I prefer the aesthetics of the real deal as well.
The sport and sport S have real gauges. That’s why I went with a basic model, especially during the first year of production. If that screen in the dash goes down, good luck knowing your fuel and temp especially if you are off road or far from a dealer.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
4. No locking gas cap.
6. No dead foot pedal.
1. Just push the damn button.
2. Mine's never taken longer than 30 seconds, if that. Sometimes it loses its place; sometimes it doesn't. Don't really care, because I keep it on shuffle mode anyhow.
3. I have auto down and auto up. I crank 'em down and I crank 'em up automatically. LOL!
4. Another "I don't care" thing. If they put a door on it that you had to release in the cabin, y'all would probably bitch about that, too.
5. Huh? My bone-stock Sport has interior lights.
6. Another "I don't care" thing.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
JL cannot be jump started. Gonna need a portable generator, battery charger, and a couple of MRE's with a deck of playing cards if you find yourself with a dead battery out in Booneville. ESS is also going to need some getting used to. I'm not a fan but I understand why they did it...

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I personally hate how Jeep is trying to upsell us to a Sahara/Rubicon. The Sport comes with downgraded fenders, wheels, grills, lights, interior tech and seats.
Thats why you buy the Sport! Want me to upgrade do ‘ya, Mr. Jeep beancounter? No thank you...
Keep a $32,000 Wrangler for 10 years and you had 10 years of cheap smiles. Without loading it up with miles it’ll be worth just as much as a used Sahara. Maybe more.

Stick it to the man.
Sponsored