Wrangler JL Rubicon Drive Video

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
What part of warranty is void if non-Mopar lift is installed? I am often modifying my old 4x4s that is part of the fun for me, so I am wondering how constrained new vehicle owners are in terms of having warranty denial issues?
Theres a couple thousand of these threads over at jeepforum or wrangler forum. Some dealers will put it in writing they will uphold warranty if the do the work. Some won't. Some will still warranty it if someone else does the work.
You have a better chance of getting a mopar lifted jeep covered in the long run but people have had issues even with those. Not a very clear cut answer for you.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I wish I could see more about the sport.

Do we know if the 285/70/17's (stock Rubicon 33'') will fit on the sport? I assume it will but those fenders look much larger than the Rubicon.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Nice, I wish I could see more about the sport.

Do we know if the 285/70/17's (stock Rubicon 33'') will fit on the sport? I assume it will but those fenders look much larger than the Rubicon.
Even the Sahara can only fit up to 32” tires. So I’m assuming like the Sahara the sport would need a lift and higher fenders

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Theres a couple thousand of these threads over at jeepforum or wrangler forum. Some dealers will put it in writing they will uphold warranty if the do the work. Some won't. Some will still warranty it if someone else does the work.
You have a better chance of getting a mopar lifted jeep covered in the long run but people have had issues even with those. Not a very clear cut answer for you.
They cannot deny you warranty work based on aftermarket parts. It’s the law. It would be on them to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Even the Sahara can only fit up to 32” tires. So I’m assuming like the Sahara the sport would need a lift and higher fenders
Do you have a source for this? Not doubting you. I just haven't seen it definitive anywhere. Thanks!

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Is it me, or does the JL look much larger than the JK in the video

It might just be camera angle, but the difference is noticeable to me anyway.

Reactions: SKT

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Anyone notice the little Jeep driving across the odometer? The whole gauge cluster looks awesome!

Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

SS_Syndicate

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sevenslotsyndicate.com
Vehicle(s)
'13-JKUR, '16 KL Cherokee, '17 4-Runner, '67 Kaiser M715
Occupation
Engineer, Blogger, Vlogger
They cannot deny you warranty work based on aftermarket parts. It’s the law. It would be on them to prove that the aftermarket part caused the problem.
This is absolutely correct. Warranty can not be denied or refused unless the failure is proven to be the cause of the failure. Note: A hypothesis or theory isn't good enough, they actually have to prove it.... At least per the law.

Unfortunately, FCA and most dealers have MUCH deeper pockets than most do, so it often comes down to how hard can one push without taking it to that level.

I personally have found most dealers more than willing to listen and work within reason and I actually think this has gotten better since Fiat's entrance into the family. Afterall, it's not a huge stretch to claim damage to an axle shaft or ball joint from larger tires...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
What part of warranty is void if non-Mopar lift is installed? I am often modifying my old 4x4s that is part of the fun for me, so I am wondering how constrained new vehicle owners are in terms of having warranty denial issues?
The key is to find a dealership that actually know their Jeeps. You'd be surprised how many Jeep dealerships staff people who know absolutely jack shit about the vehicles they service and sell. While they can't legally decline warranty work if your modifications have no correlation to faulty components, it doesn't mean they won't make the process excruciatingly difficult.

When the TOB of my previous Jeep went to shit less than 2,500 miles in, the dealership here was utterly shocked at the notion I took my vehicle with the word "Rubicon" affixed to the hood onto a surface consisting of rocks and dirt. I had some minor scrapes on a skidplate and they were quick to deny any repair work because my JK had "massive off-road damage." I had to argue with the service manager quite a bit before getting them to finally replace the TOB.

The other dealership here is off-road friendly, but incompetent. If you bring them a Jeep that's got even the tiniest modification, it'll screw them up and you'll have to come back at least once to make sure it's done right because they don't diagnose or check their work. They just throw parts at things.

I have to drive 40 miles out of town to a Jeep dealership if I want any semblance of customer service and warranty work, but it's worth it. They don't argue or make things difficult. If your shit is busted and it ain't your fault, they're on it. They host trail runs and driving events. That is the kind of dealership you want.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
As others have said, dealerships can not legally "void" anyone's factory warranty. My steering stabilizer took a dump within weeks of putting a lift and 35s on my JK so I just bought a heavy duty one. That would be an example of my parts contributing to the failure so warranty could be denied for that repair. But if the heater breaks or seats malfunction then they have to cover repairs. They are legally bound to repair warranty work or recalls.
Sponsored