First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
We are excited to launch our 3.5" SPORT system using our RS5000X with our DRS (Dynamic Rebound Spring) technology. This system will allow the fitment of 35" tires and provide an amazing ride both on and off-road.

Experience the versatile, purpose-built Rancho® 3.5-inch Sport suspension system for the Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited (4 door) non-Rubicon. This new, 100-percent bolt-on system from Rancho Performance Suspension and Shocks allows for the use of up to 35-inch tires for capable, all-around performance. The Sport system also features a NEW Rancho exclusive innovation to the Jeep JL: Rancho® RS5000™X shocks with brand-new Dynamic Rebound Spring (DRS) technology. New DRS technology is a unique internal system that includes a precisely tuned metal spring and fortified interior construction to provide additional control, reduce body roll and prevent rod overextension inside the shock. The new system includes a pair of front and rear corner-specific progressive rate coil springs, specifically tuned to provide superior on-road comfort and off-road performance. The corner-specific springs ensure your JL Unlimited maintains a perfectly level stance and ride – even during towing or heavy loading. To maintain travel integrity, the Sport system includes front 3" and rear 2-inch bump stop extensions. Adding lift and extended travel, the system also includes front sway bar adapter brackets, rear extended sway bar end links, and an e-brake line relocation bracket. This system is precision engineered to be 100-percent compatible with the Jeep Factory Electronic Stability System. Designed with 35-inch tires and 17-inch wheels with 4.5-inch of backspacing. Kit also allows the reuse of OE wheels and tires. Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty**.

Check with your favorite retailer on cost!

jl_rs66124br5.jpg

jl_rs66124br5_Back.jpg
Sponsored

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I'm very interested in this kit. In fact, I've been waiting on it since your Rubicon version. Could you please tell me if I'll be required to replace the upper control arms or trackbar with this kit? Im still new to Jeeps. I know on my Toyotas, they needed UCA for anything 2.5"+ for alignment. Thank you.

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
So check out the option we have below. This (or lower adjustable control arms) will help with road feel. But best bet is to drive it and get a feel for it. All Jeeps are a bit different. But the geo bracket helps keep everything within OE spec. :) And an alignment too!! Matt

I'm very interested in this kit. In fact, I've been waiting on it since your Rubicon version. Could you please tell me if I'll be required to replace the upper control arms or trackbar with this kit? Im still new to Jeeps. I know on my Toyotas, they needed UCA for anything 2.5"+ for alignment. Thank you.
jl_rs62118b.jpg

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm scheduled to have mine installed next Tuesday. :rock:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @RanchoShocks,

So I got the 3.5" non-Rubicon lift installed yesterday. First off, I love the look. The ride is rougher than I expected but it's not horrible either. However the steering tends to wonder around quite a bit. Would the correction brackets be useful for that? Also, can you give me a link to the instructions for installing the brackets? I couldn't find them on your website. I want to see if this is something I can easily do myself.

Oh, and the end result of the lift:
43576188382_f90e446245_b.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
So ride feel will be different because (a lot) of it is due to the progressive coil vs a linear coil.
Also the geo bracket will help let me see if I can get the JL geo brackets install too.
Thanks Matt

Hey @RanchoShocks,

So I got the 3.5" non-Rubicon lift installed yesterday. First off, I love the look. The ride is rougher than I expected but it's not horrible either. However the steering tends to wonder around quite a bit. Would the correction brackets be useful for that? Also, can you give me a link to the instructions for installing the brackets? I couldn't find them on your website. I want to see if this is something I can easily do myself.

Oh, and the end result of the lift:
43576188382_f90e446245_b.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you sir. I’m going to go ahead and have 4wheel parts install it. They did a pretty good job on the Rancho lift.

Tungsten308

First Name
Adhemar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport S 2018
Im looking to Buy the Rancho Performance 3.5in Sport Suspension System w/RS9000XL Shocks, my question is would it be better to the ajustuble Control arms rather than the Geo bracket? i have Spor S jeep JL

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
whats the suggested install time? I've found shops tend to double or triple it for billing

Sponsored

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
From the install instructions:
:)
Matt

The required installation time for this system is approximately4 to 5 hours for two people. Check off the box () at the
beginning of each step when you finish it. Then when you stopduring the installation, it will be easier to find
where you needto continue from.

whats the suggested install time? I've found shops tend to double or triple it for billing

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
From the install instructions:
:)
Matt

The required installation time for this system is approximately4 to 5 hours for two people. Check off the box () at the
beginning of each step when you finish it. Then when you stopduring the installation, it will be easier to find
where you needto continue from.
we talking 8-10 hours of labor... do you have any idea if that was figured for people with no lifts and hand tools only. The mopar lift installs in like 4 hours at the dealer.... I cant believe this would take a shop 10 man hours

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
Thank you sir. I’m going to go ahead and have 4wheel parts install it. They did a pretty good job on the Rancho lift.
what was the labor charge/ how many hours

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
We ere on the side of caution. :)

we talking 8-10 hours of labor... do you have any idea if that was figured for people with no lifts and hand tools only. The mopar lift installs in like 4 hours at the dealer.... I cant believe this would take a shop 10 man hours
Sponsored