Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I don't wanna ruin the fun, but the likelihood of a low end special edition is pretty tiny.

Problem is that the margins on the low end models are very slim, while the margins on options are so high. Case in point: the invoice on the Wrangler without options is only a few percent less than MSRP (3-4%, depending on trim), but invoice for options are nearly 11% under (yes, "invoice" is still much greater than actual cost, but the logic holds). This is why you see so many Sahara based special editions--the margins are much better.

The Mahindra seems like a good deal, until you realize it's built JUST like the old Jeeps. As in not road legal anymore. Not that the Roxor isn't great, just that costs are well controlled, allowing the company solid margins on a basic vehicle. Make it road legal (safety, emissions, etc.) and those margins disappear.

Truth is the Willy's were really something special: a true acknowledgement of the enthusiast. I'd expect them to return in due course, but with the crazy sales volume every month we should expect Jeep to cash in on the higher end trims for a few years before Willy's return.

OK, FCA, PROVE ME WRONG!!! :punch::rock::jk:
The economy is doing well and people are buying higher end vehicles and trims on everything right now, so it makes sense that automakers want to cash in.
If Jeep does another 10 year run on the JL, the likelyhood of the auto market taking a dive in that timeframe is pretty high and you’ll probably see a lot more lower end special editions.
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
LED should be the only headlight manufactured on a Jeep. Its almost 2019 and just about every vehicle made today has LED headlights and has for many, many years. I am appalled that Jeep upcharges their customers for this option on the new JL. Make it a standard on the vehicle and be done with it already

I also am speechless that they have not announced the 2019 as of yet. Many other manufacturers and other FCA brands have '19's on the lot already or at least announced. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I find something on a lot somewhere that's an 18 or do I hold out another 6-8 ,months and find a 19 that potentially costs more???
Welcome to Jeep. They do this every year. If last experience is any guide, don’t expect much info from Jeep on the next model year until late September.

LED headlights are usually a top trim level option on most vehicles. That being said, it’s odd that it’s not standard on a Rubicon and Sahara. I can understand adding extra off-road lights in the aftermarket, but people shouldn’t need to upgrade their headlights on a top trim level vehicle. The non LED’s are like driving with gas lanterns for headlights. Same goes for heated seats and premium tops. Those are probably the most popularl options.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Even BMW/Audi/Benz put halogens as standard in their first couple of tiers of vehicles, especially the bread and butter cars. Go figure LED headlights are standard on a $17k Toyota Corolla though.

LED headlights are usually a top trim level option on most vehicles. That being said, it’s odd that it’s not standard on a Rubicon and Sahara. I can understand adding extra off-road lights in the aftermarket, but people shouldn’t need to upgrade their headlights on a top trim level vehicle. The non LED’s are like driving with gas lanterns for headlights. Same goes for heated seats and premium tops. Those are probably the most popularl options.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
20180730_112436.jpg

Saw this at the dealer today.

On the delivery hauler with a couple of Rubi's and couple of sports.

MOAB edition ???

Steel bumpers, BFG MTs, different looking rock rails.
Nice capture! :like::clap:

Rims are different too.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see SelecTrac offered on the Rubicon transmission.

Also, with the truck being offered, would like to see an option where a JL gets an option for greater payload capacity (possibly by giving it beefier axles and brakes that I assume the truck will have).
They are able to increase the payload on the JT because its its getting completely different rear suspension then the JL. The JT will have rear suspension modeled after the 1500/2500. Most are guessing closely matching that of the Power Wagon. So I doubt you'll see an increase in payload on MY19 JL Wranglers.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
20180730_112436.jpg

Saw this at the dealer today.

On the delivery hauler with a couple of Rubi's and couple of sports.

MOAB edition ???

Steel bumpers, BFG MTs, different looking rock rails.
Nice find!!!

Slindsey228

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Jl
Ugh with a September order date. My current non-Jeep lease needs to be turned in on September 8th which means I will be carless for a loonnggg bit. Marking my calendar to order immediately when able to order.
Talked to my dealer here in Kentucky and JL order close date is 8/30/18

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Talked to my dealer here in Kentucky and JL order close date is 8/30/18
This isn't the first time we've heard the MY18 banks are still open. @JAY any chance you could look into this? Is this a bunch of shady or ill-informed dealers, or is the 18 still available? Has MY19 ordering changed?

I was planning to order a MY19 as soon as the order banks open up, met my timeline nicely. Hoping there's not some big change...

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
I don't wanna ruin the fun, but the likelihood of a low end special edition is pretty tiny.

Problem is that the margins on the low end models are very slim, while the margins on options are so high. Case in point: the invoice on the Wrangler without options is only a few percent less than MSRP (3-4%, depending on trim), but invoice for options are nearly 11% under (yes, "invoice" is still much greater than actual cost, but the logic holds). This is why you see so many Sahara based special editions--the margins are much better.

The Mahindra seems like a good deal, until you realize it's built JUST like the old Jeeps. As in not road legal anymore. Not that the Roxor isn't great, just that costs are well controlled, allowing the company solid margins on a basic vehicle. Make it road legal (safety, emissions, etc.) and those margins disappear.

Truth is the Willy's were really something special: a true acknowledgement of the enthusiast. I'd expect them to return in due course, but with the crazy sales volume every month we should expect Jeep to cash in on the higher end trims for a few years before Willy's return.

OK, FCA, PROVE ME WRONG!!! :punch::rock::jk:
Yeah, your probably right. I’m kind of just dreaming here. But it would still be awesome if the did this.

Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Yeah, your probably right. I’m kind of just dreaming here. But it would still be awesome if the did this.
AGREED! I'd really love to be wrong on this... That's why I'm throwing the gauntlet down to FCA! Who knows, maybe the Moab edition is just that!

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
I have heard 2 new colors, Turnup (dark yellow) and Bikini (pink I'm assuming). I've seen the Turnup, pretty sweet. My favorite of all time is Mojito.

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
I have heard 2 new colors, Turnup (dark yellow) and Bikini (pink I'm assuming). I've seen the Turnup, pretty sweet. My favorite of all time is Mojito.
"Dark yellow" - as in browned down, like a mustard yellow?

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I'm sorry, it's called Nacho, and it's just like Nacho cheese.
They already made a batch of nacho colored Jeeps and then quickly discontinued the color. I’d be surprised if they brought it back already.
Sponsored