Arizona owners - please check in!

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So Az friends. What tint should I go for in the rear to help keep the heat out. I want to make sure I can see out the back of the Jeep. But the side rear windows I would like to go darker.
Sponsored

DesertDuck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶J̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶W̶r̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶n̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶i̶c̶o̶n̶ 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
After spending 3 weeks in the service department with this mess, she's finally coming home. Just in time for the reopening of the forests!

upload_2018-7-18_15-37-52.jpeg

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has finally arrived!!!! Picked it up last night and I am a very happy camper. Out with the old, in with the new (it was soft of bitter sweet to say goodbye to my JK, but at least I got a nice side by side photo).

2.jpg

front.jpg

SxS.jpg

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
So Az friends. What tint should I go for in the rear to help keep the heat out. I want to make sure I can see out the back of the Jeep. But the side rear windows I would like to go darker.
I am planning to go as dark as is allowed by law.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I had to walk away from my Rubicon after flying into Little Rock to pick it up. It had a significant amount of less than quality welds on it, and I decided that I would rathe re-order or buy one off a lot. I have been keeping an eye local here in Chandler for a used TJ or early JK to have in the meantime before my next JLUR is built.

If anyone seems anything let me know. Going into fall without a Jeep is out of the questions so open to many options. I did find a nice 2013 2 door Rubicon, I may buy that and then trade it in when my 4 door JL comes in. But at this point, that could be late this fall since order banks don’t open back up until September.

Thanks for any information you may have on local deals to get me by until I can order a JLUR again.

-Justin

DesertDuck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶J̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶W̶r̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶n̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶i̶c̶o̶n̶ 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I had to walk away from my Rubicon after flying into Little Rock to pick it up. It had a significant amount of less than quality welds on it, and I decided that I would rathe re-order or buy one off a lot. I have been keeping an eye local here in Chandler for a used TJ or early JK to have in the meantime before my next JLUR is built.

If anyone seems anything let me know. Going into fall without a Jeep is out of the questions so open to many options. I did find a nice 2013 2 door Rubicon, I may buy that and then trade it in when my 4 door JL comes in. But at this point, that could be late this fall since order banks don’t open back up until September.

Thanks for any information you may have on local deals to get me by until I can order a JLUR again.

-Justin
Bummer deal on the new Jeep. Have seen some other threads on here about the poor welding. I didn't inspect mine for poor welding when I purchased, sounds like I should have. Good luck on finding your next vehicle!

Last edited:

Nubby

First Name
Ma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Anybody wanna do a trail this weekend?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer deal on the new Jeep. Have seen some other threads on here about the poor welding. I didn't inspect mine for poor welding when I purchased, sounds like I should have. Good luck on finding your next vehicle!
Thanks, I am still pretty frustrated about the entire situation but nothing I can do about it now. Lots of jeeps local here so finding one should not be an issue. Once the 2019s are out I’ll see how the diesel does and make a decision then. Or if I end up loving the used one, I’ll just keep it and do a full build with v8 swap.

My main concern is getting something before fall when all the trails open back up.

Sponsored

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I'm from Tucson, haven't seen anyone post from there yet. Picked my baby up from Dennis Dillon on July 27 and slowly working my way home. I stopped in Bluffdale, Utah to get a ceramic pro coating applied. Here she is...

20180801_193010.jpg

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Hey all. Does anyone have any offroad shop recommendations? I want to get some bumpers & stuff, have it sent to a shop & have them put it on. Would do myself but have next to no room & hardly any tools atm.

CrAZJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 KJ
Checking in from Gilbert. We just bought a house near Recker and Ray Rd. For now I drive a lifted '03 Liberty. Just spent all my money on a house so it will be a little while before I get a JL. lol So far in AZ I've been on Montana Mountain, Bulldog Canyon, and Butcher Jones trails. Montana Mountain is a 30-mile loop and was the most scenic. Bulldog Canyon is a little rocky but has a bunch of hills at the end that are fun (almost like a skate park for off-roaders). Bulldog Canyon requires a permit/padlock code that you can get from the Mesa Ranger District office. Butcher Jones had a lot of deep sand/dirt but had some fun hill climbs as well. We are fortunate to live in such an off-roader's paradise. :like:

Hey all. Does anyone have any offroad shop recommendations? I want to get some bumpers & stuff, have it sent to a shop & have them put it on. Would do myself but have next to no room & hardly any tools atm.
I've used Sierra Expeditions before and was happy with their work. They have a reasonable hourly rate too. They're in Mesa.
Sponsored