Sponsored

8 weeks, no VIN - JLUR in Canada. BG status.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ordered a JLUR 6/6 and still no VIN. Dealer has no VIN, status on their system is BG. At this point I’m concerned that it will be built at all.

Jeep customer service was unable or unwilling to provide any information. Giving me the runaround.

Anyone with similar experiences? Talk me off a cliff here.
Sponsored

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
Ordered a JLUR 6/6 and still no VIN. Dealer has no VIN, status on their system is BG. At this point I’m concerned that it will be built at all.

Jeep customer service was unable or unwilling to provide any information. Giving me the runaround.

Anyone with similar experiences? Talk me off a cliff here.
Pretty much all the Canadian builds ordered around that time havent recieved VINs. Its a Canada thing, for some reason we dont get treated with the same level of priority as the US. My guess is they will be built in August or first part of September before the 2019s. I know its hard to wait not knowing where its at!! I ordered mine on 6/19 and same issue.

I guess you didnt get the sky-one touch roof cause I ordered it the day it came out and think thats whats stopping mine but who knows.....:headbang:

OP
OP

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Pretty much all the Canadian builds ordered around that time havent recieved VINs. Its a Canada thing, for some reason we dont get treated with the same level of priority as the US. My guess is they will be built in August or first part of September before the 2019s. I know its hard to wait not knowing where its at!! I ordered mine on 6/19 and same issue.

I guess you didnt get the sky-one touch roof cause I ordered it the day it came out and think thats whats stopping mine but who knows.....:headbang:
No sky touch. If that’s what’s holding up yours it isn’t what’s holding up mine.

The wait isn’t the issue. It’s the unreasonable silence. I can accept willing business decisions by FCA to delay delivery in order to group together orders by geography. It makes good business sense, even if I don’t necessarily like it I can understand and accept it. Give me a timeline and if that timeline has to change so be it. Tell me. A moving goalpost is far easier to deal with than no goalpost at all. A goalpost suggests that you’re at least trying.

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
No sky touch. If that’s what’s holding up yours it isn’t what’s holding up mine.

The wait isn’t the issue. It’s the unreasonable silence. I can accept willing business decisions by FCA to delay delivery in order to group together orders by geography. It makes good business sense, even if I don’t necessarily like it I can understand and accept it. Give me a timeline and if that timeline has to change so be it. Tell me. A moving goalpost is far easier to deal with than no goalpost at all. A goalpost suggests that you’re at least trying.
That’s what I mean, it’s hard to wait not knowin anything. It’s not just a geography thing it’s a Canada and US thing. We can’t get updates cause of “Canadian privacy laws” apparently and Jeep Canada is an absolute joke too. They just told me to ask my dealer but my dealer doesn’t know anything, he is just asking Jeep for updates. Its a complete mess.

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to hear this bad news. Maybe it’s an Ontario dealer thing.

I oredere mine June 26th. The dealer told me I wouldn’t see it until October. Had my VIN a week later. Last week my Woodgrove Chrysler Nanaimo rep emailed me that my Jeep was being built this Friday. Can’t say enough about the good service I’ve received from Andrew at Woodgrove.

Sponsored

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
I ordered my Jeep 4 Door Rubicon almost 4 weeks ago and was told today that I still dont have a vin or ETA. To be fair I was told it would take 2 to 3 months when I ordered and if lucky 4 weeks. Very sloppy service from Jeep here.

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
This thread actually puts me at ease. Ordered July 5th and no VIN as of yet. It makes sense to lump them together geographically and hopefully we'll see some action come August.

That said, it may make me want to reexamine the value assigned to my trade as I'm still making payments while I wait.

Nemesis17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine may 30 and still no VIN, 7 weeks after I ordered they claim there is a material restriction on LED’s . Now at 9 weeks with no answers from the dealer or Jeep Canada, seriously debating on canceling

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
I ordered mine may 30 and still no VIN, 7 weeks after I ordered they claim there is a material restriction on LED’s . Now at 9 weeks with no answers from the dealer or Jeep Canada, seriously debating on canceling
I was warned of the led restriction, it hurt not being able to order the package.... I would just mod my order if i was you and just buy some after market leds in a year or so when there will be plenty to chose from.

OP
OP

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was warned of the led restriction, it hurt not being able to order the package.... I would just mod my order if i was you and just buy some after market leds in a year or so when there will be plenty to chose from.
Same here - really wanted the LED package, but wasn’t going to risk the order being delayed. So it goes.

I figure there will be plenty of aftermarket options, or even the OEM parts available before long. Some aftermarket options will likely be superior to the OEM and for less than the package cost so....yeah. Probably a better choice all around.

Sponsored

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
If you don't get a VIN within days, it may mean your dealer does not have allocation. Ask for an updated Priced Order Confirmation (POC) that will have your status. If it does not have a VON or VIN, consider going to another dealer because your order has not been booked by FCA.
This may be the case. I ordered mine on June 25th but when I tracked the order via jeepgarage, the order date was June 7th. Built on July 17th and now in transit.