Plant Production Updates - 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU

BrimmStone

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL unlimited
He says that mine and the 3 others he has will be August builds. Still making it a 2018 but it will be made in August or unlikely September. If it really gets delayed then it will be flipped to a 2019 and be made October. Still no VIN of course.

That really doesnt give me any update, its just a guessing game at this point.
yeah my dealer said Oct
Sponsored

BrimmStone

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL unlimited
He says that mine and the 3 others he has will be August builds. Still making it a 2018 but it will be made in August or unlikely September. If it really gets delayed then it will be flipped to a 2019 and be made October. Still no VIN of course.

That really doesnt give me any update, its just a guessing game at this point.
very strange that Americans have no delays on there orders its just canadians......................................

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
very strange that Americans have no delays on there orders its just canadians......................................
Always treated second class even though we pay the same as everyone else :P

1agnes1

First Name
Desiree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB E550
I ordered on 6/8/2018 with turbo and sky one touch. Still in D status! My dealer told me this morning that the delay is caused by the turbo: EPA made restrictions on it.

SlickJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Honda Element (2018 JL 3.6L on order)
I placed an order today....

The Chrysler Build Out date graph does indeed say final order deadline is July 19th, ALTHOUGH there is an asterisk which states that dates are subject to change...

All the dealerships I visited could not provide me with info apart from they could place an order and give me an answer once it was accepted or rejected.....

One dealership had a graph that simply stated "July" so he implied that his interpretation was the end of the month, but he of course could not give a confident answer, merely a guess based on the best information he had in front of him at the time.

I noticed that someone has posted a reply about placing an order this past Sunday, but it looks like they might have deleted their post, which is not a good sign...

I will update this post when I find out what happens with my order....

I figure there is a good chance it will not be accepted, since some people have posted that 2018 Rubicon's are no longer being made by the factory.....

Crossing my fingers! I will post an update either way, as I'm sure plenty of people are curious about the July 19th order cutoff date.

Sponsored

Irishyinzer

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Unlimited Jl Rubicon, Toyota 4Runner
I placed an order today....

The Chrysler Build Out date graph does indeed say final order deadline is July 19th, ALTHOUGH there is an asterisk which states that dates are subject to change...

All the dealerships I visited could not provide me with info apart from they could place an order and give me an answer once it was accepted or rejected.....

One dealership had a graph that simply stated "July" so he implied that his interpretation was the end of the month, but he of course could not give a confident answer, merely a guess based on the best information he had in front of him at the time.

I noticed that someone has posted a reply about placing an order this past Sunday, but it looks like they might have deleted their post, which is not a good sign...

I will update this post when I find out what happens with my order....

I figure there is a good chance it will not be accepted, since some people have posted that 2018 Rubicon's are no longer being made by the factory.....

Crossing my fingers! I will post an update either way, as I'm sure plenty of people are curious about the July 19th order cutoff date.
I placed my order July 20th I have been in communication via chat service. I am supposedly in the scheduling phase. I ordered a Rubicon.

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if I posted this here . . .
But as you will see from my signature, my 2.0 Turbo Mojito! is scheduled to be built August 3rd.
More details in my signature, below.

Me too. Ordered mine June 26 in Nanaimo, BC. No VIN yet. And no response to the email I sent off to my dealer in the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps the combination of Canada Day and Independence Day holidays are slowing things up. Signed up for the tracking service at the other website earlier today and got the following report.

Lwebs (Wrangler Unlimited - )
Date ordered: 06/26/2018
Current Status: New order
D1 status date: TBD
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD

A whole lot of TBD goin' on.

I'lll let the community here know when things change.

1agnes1

First Name
Desiree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB E550
But as you will see from my signature, my 2.0 Turbo Mojito! is scheduled to be built August 3rd.
Happy for you!!! I ordered the 2.0 Turbo on 6/8/18 but I ordered the rubicon. They might start with the sahara first I guess. Did you also ordered the sky one touch power top?

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
No. Stayed with the hardtop, black.

The Canadian system would not let me
order the Rubicon with the 2.0 Turbo.

Happy for you!!! I ordered the 2.0 Turbo on 6/8/18 but I ordered the rubicon. They might start with the sahara first I guess. Did you also ordered the sky one touch power top?

BrimmStone

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL unlimited
If your Canadian your in a different boat that Americans. Americans will get their orders for Rubicon s. Canadians won't. I ordered mine June 19th and they say It won't be made till October.... Then dec for delivery...

Sponsored

PizzaFreak

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door JL
  • Hey everyone, I don’t know what to make of all the confusion , but here are some stone cold facts. On July 24th, I ordered a fully loaded Sport S JL 2 Door. Thwe order was accepted by Jeep and I got a build order from my dealer. As of today, I have been informed that the Jeep is in “Quality Inspection”. I hope this helps!

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
  • Hey everyone, I don’t know what to make of all the confusion , but here are some stone cold facts. On July 24th, I ordered a fully loaded Sport S JL 2 Door. Thwe order was accepted by Jeep and I got a build order from my dealer. As of today, I have been informed that the Jeep is in “Quality Inspection”. I hope this helps!
Is it a turbo?

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
You don’t pay the same in Canada! I did a compare and dollar for dollar you get a Jeep for about 4k cheaper on the build I was looking at
Sponsored