Sponsored

JL Wrangler FAQ and Answers From the LA Show Debut

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Was there any mention of the CB pre-wire?

Also I think a USB in the rear View mirror would be great for a GPS or a camera power supply so the cord don't dangle down the dash.
Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Probably a dumb question but can the high line fenders be lowered those 2 inches?

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
There are videos that show how it works. Basically the soft top lower sections slid on a rail to the top. Looks pretty cool and no Velcro either.
Can you link the video? I can't find it.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Probably a dumb question but can the high line fenders be lowered those 2 inches?
I'd be more than happy to send you the sport flares since I plan on buying mopar paintable ones...for a small fee of course

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Does Rubicon come standard with high fenders? I’ve seen way too many pictures of mules and preproduction Rubicons without the high fenders to believe that it is standard. Secondly, does the Rubicon come with LED taillights regardless of LED lighting pkg? Or is it all bundled into one package?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Does Rubicon come standard with high fenders? I’ve seen way too many pictures of mules and preproduction Rubicons without the high fenders to believe that it is standard. Secondly, does the Rubicon come with LED taillights regardless of LED lighting pkg? Or is it all bundled into one package?
Hi fenders are standard on Rubicon.

Halogen lights are standard across all trim levels. LED lighting is an optional package. There is a package that gets you just LED tail lights without other LED lighting (e.g. headlights, fog lights) called the Jeep Activity Safety Group.

See post 1 in this thread http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...ilability-per-trim-sport-sahara-rubicon.2084/

Last edited:

zznalg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S manual
Is the driver's seat and driving position improved over the JK?
Is there more room for the driver's knee relative to the dash?

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Rubicon
Can you link the video? I can't find it.
If you go to Bestop and look t the Supertop instructions you will see the similar concept we use today on those tops. The bottom of the rear window in the Supertop slides into a channel not he tailgate bar...no zipper.

So when I want to take out the rear window I unzip it from passenger to drives side but the bottom is held security by a channel the panel slides into.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You mention:
  • Full articulation is retained with 35's on factory Rubicon (without lift), but a lift would leave more room for comfort.
I wonder if that means 35s on factory 7.5" wheels? The backspacing and offset that are on the JLUs at the LA show may be different.

Sponsored

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
You mention:
  • Full articulation is retained with 35's on factory Rubicon (without lift), but a lift would leave more room for comfort.
I wonder if that means 35s on factory 7.5" wheels? The backspacing and offset that are on the JLUs at the LA show may be different.

Very good question

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys,
The soft tops at the debut were full production soft tops. It was Jeep's choice to display the Jeeps how you saw them. I am assuming windows were out so people and media could operate the top easily without a window being lost or growing legs and running off.

To my knowledge the rear windows will line up correctly, I myself haven't been able to find a picture but we will have two JL's here around Christmas so i will post if i haven't found one by then!

*CassieAtBestop

Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully for their sakes it really was only the pre-productions that we’re jacked up.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
For the red dash, you also have an options of a grey dash.

They talk about it in this video:

*CassieAtBestop

The red dash is going to look so stupid if the body color isn't red, or possibly black. I feel for anybody who wants a yellow, green, blue, or gray jeep.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For the red dash, you also have an options of a grey dash.

They talk about it in this video:

*CassieAtBestop
I saw nothing about it on the option sheet. I hope I get red, but grey wouldn't be terrible.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
The video is awesome. Quick question for those who have experience ordering "dual" top option. Does the hard top sit on top of a soft top frame? Or do you get the soft top and all the associated parts in some box for you to figure out at home? From the video it looks like the soft top travels in some sort of channel frame.
Sponsored