Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler Price MSRP, 2.0L Turbo MPG, Colors Previews Shown in JL Internal Info Sheet

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
My Dealer said they wont have prices till January, while the new allocation for orders starts tomorrow.
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
My Dealer said they wont have prices till January, while the new allocation for orders starts tomorrow.
What do you mean by "new allocation"? Is this the second round of dealer allocations being assigned?

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
What do you mean by "new allocation"? Is this the second round of dealer allocations being assigned?
yeah I believe so. Tomorrow.
He said they also had some sort of "class" for other Jeep models, and someone raised the question about JL pricing during that class but there was no answer for it.
If they're saying pricing wont be released till January, then my guess is the first time we see official pricing will be when the Build&Price is available on the Jeep website.

Brodiec27

First Name
Brodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Has anyone heard when the dealers will start receiving the new JL. I heard a couple of different things from the dealers but most of them are saying they won’t receive any until March 2018

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Has anyone heard when the dealers will start receiving the new JL. I heard a couple of different things from the dealers but most of them are saying they won’t receive any until March 2018
They should start popping up on lots in January.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
It also depends on if the dealer used their initial allocation for customer vehicles or dealer lot vehicles.

If they used their allocation to order for customers, then some dealers will have JLUs on the lot later than others.

The second round of allocations/ordering supposedly start today, those are likely to be the ones on lots in Feb/March after all those initial orders are fulfilled.

PS / BTW, the JL (2Dr) specifically will be March at the earliest because it’s production starts a few months after the JLU.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
A basic Sport S Unlimited (so you can get power windows and A/C standard) with only the automatic trans. added is MSRP of $37,800??? HOLY CRAP.

I told you guys the pricing was going to be insane...but that's a whole new league of insanity.

I'm not paying that much for a simple body on frame midsize SUV...ever.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
These numbers astonish me. I own a BMW diesel wagon with a feature list that makes the Wrangler look like a painted tin can by comparison, and I only paid $40k for it. It gets 43 MPG on the highway, and cruises comfortably at 125 MPH. Too bad the Wrangler doesn't have any serious competition, to keep prices down. I may need to find another way to get off road on weekends, maybe a used 4x4 pickup.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
These numbers astonish me. I own a BMW diesel wagon with a feature list that makes the Wrangler look like a painted tin can by comparison, and I only paid $40k for it. It gets 43 MPG on the highway, and cruises comfortably at 125 MPH. Too bad the Wrangler doesn't have any serious competition, to keep prices down. I may need to find another way to get off road on weekends, maybe a used 4x4 pickup.
I had a BMW before, and my brother has one. They don't like to go on-road, much less off-road. Mine was plagued with electrical problems, and my brother's is, as well. He just dropped $6k to get the wiring re-done, and it needed a new stereo. It is a convertible, and it got a little water in it from a light rain shower. I wouldn't pay 10 grand for either of them.

I'll take the Jeep, please.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
I like the Sport S wheels better than the rest of them. But $33,195 plus roughly $2500 for the automatic/hardtop and $1100 for delivery brings my configuration to about $37,000 plus tax. Damn, better start digging my change out of the couch.
I am thinking of selling a kidney. lol

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
A basic Sport S Unlimited (so you can get power windows and A/C standard) with only the automatic trans. added is MSRP of $37,800??? HOLY CRAP.

I told you guys the pricing was going to be insane...but that's a whole new league of insanity.

I'm not paying that much for a simple body on frame midsize SUV...ever.
Whatever you do, don't go looking at all the standard features on a $30,000 Grand Cherokee compared to Wrangler Sport S. I made that mistake yesterday.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I am thinking of selling a kidney. lol
You can not get the automatic top with either a sport or sport S.... hard top yes, but auto top is for Sahara and Rubi’s only (also only 4dr)

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

December revision of this sheet posted here. Pricing removed.

2018JLU4ME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Brilliant Black WK2 Limited
proof that we shouldnt jump the gun on freaking out just yet...
Sponsored