Sponsored

2018 JL Order Banks Close 7/19 (Some Trims Already Closed)

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
So put in my order today (2018 Rubicon JLU) - Restrictions included:

3.6L 2018 Rubicon (restricted - JLJS74)
BF Goodrich LT285/70R17C tires (restricted - TT4)
LED Lighting Group (restricted - AD6)

Ordered 24R, 8-speed auto, leather, 3-piece blk hardtop, steel bumpers, electronic infotainment, cold weather, LED, body color fender flares.

Hoping it'll see the light of day, but we shall see.
Good luck. Keep us posted of the progress.

I was told 12-16 weeks if I ordered delayed options so I’m holding out for the 2019. Maybe I’ll be super jealous and you’ll get yours in 4 weeks ;).
Sponsored

Periokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLUR and some others.
My local dealer told me he placed a custom order yesterday (July 26, 2018) without a problem.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

As of yesterday, here are the 2018 JL options that are closed/restricted from ordering (none are dated):
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler LED Lighting Group (AD6) has been closed for stock ordering.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler STJ Sky One-Touch Power Top has been closed for ordering until further notice.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler CHD (MOPAR Hardtop Headliner) is limited for ordering on the Sahara and Rubicon only.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler Trail Rail Management System (CMD) has been closed for ordering until further notice.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler Sport Tubular Side Steps (MRK) have been closed from ordering.

These have been added to the first post.

PizzaFreak

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue 2 door JL
UPDATE 7/29/18:

As of yesterday, here are the 2018 JL options that are closed/restricted from ordering (none are dated):
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler LED Lighting Group (AD6) has been closed for stock ordering.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler STJ Sky One-Touch Power Top has been closed for ordering until further notice.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler CHD (MOPAR Hardtop Headliner) is limited for ordering on the Sahara and Rubicon only.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler Trail Rail Management System (CMD) has been closed for ordering until further notice.
  • 18MY JL Jeep Wrangler Sport Tubular Side Steps (MRK) have been closed from ordering.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some members have been asking about the 2018 JL order banks. I've checked with sources and ordering for the 2018 model year still shows as 7/19/18 deadline. Some model trims are showing to be already (or soon to be) closed. Order banks for the 2019 JL models are scheduled to open on 9/12/2018.

Of course, this is subject to change but for now this is the latest info. I'll post any updates/changes.

See below.

(Green = Still open, Yellow = About to close, Red= ordering closed)

2018_JL_Order_status.JPG
I ordered a 2018 Sport S JL on July 24th with no problem. The order has been accepted by Jeep. I can confirm that the LED’s (AD6), Hard top Headliner (CHD), and the Sport Tube Steps (MRK), were not available options.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Does this indicate the Sky One-Touch Power Top and the Trail-Rail Management System is single-year production or just that FCA is making too many Wranglers to gum up the production floor with poorly marketed add-ons at this time?

Sponsored

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
So I ordered another jeep a month ago, and from what I can tell, it's still in BG status. It's a Rubicon unlimited with steel bumpers and LED lights.

Any thoughts on whether they'll actually build it?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
So I ordered another jeep a month ago, and from what I can tell, it's still in BG status. It's a Rubicon unlimited with steel bumpers and LED lights.

Any thoughts on whether they'll actually build it?
Hopefully someone familiar with the way FCA is handling Canadian purchasers can assist. If it was a U.S. order it would be in D or D1 by now.
Have you asked Jeep Customer Care for a case number?

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Hopefully someone familiar with the way FCA is handling Canadian purchasers can assist. If it was a U.S. order it would be in D or D1 by now.
Have you asked Jeep Customer Care for a case number?
We can only call FCA Canada...all the U.S jeep websites, phone numbers, wave, and jeepcares told me to call FCA canada. It took many calls before they were ever helpful. At this point, this order is my second jeep, and my dealer is buying back my current one. I was told it would be escalated, but a month in, I'm not sure that BG status even means my order was accepted?

Now that I've already waited a month with no action, I'd rather wait one more and get a 19 anyway,...but not sure what options I have.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Well looks like i am in for a long wait. i went into the dealer on saturday to try and place an order and sadly i can't get the LED's. Can't wait to hear news on the 2019's
You sure? I thought that was just for dealer stock...can sold orders get LEDs?

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Pretty sure you can. It’s just going to be a long wait. May as well just get a 19.
I kinda want Mojito...but I'll probably wait and hope for a decent color in 2019. It sucks, there are 3 Mojito Rubicons at the local dealer...all without LEDs. So tempted to just get one...but I think would regret it.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I kinda want Mojito...but I'll probably wait and hope for a decent color in 2019. It sucks, there are 3 Mojito Rubicons at the local dealer...all without LEDs. So tempted to just get one...but I think would regret it.
The LEDs are awesome. I wouldn't order without them

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
i should say i attempted to place a new order but the LED option was yellowed out.
Were they just listed as 'restricted' or completely unavailable to order? If so, for which model were you looking to order? Just curious, thanks!
Sponsored