Sponsored

Tan Interior best with ??? Exterior

My last 3 vehicles had black interiors. So, Iā€™m going tan! Which exterior color will look best?

• Total voters

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
i ordered tan with black exterior
I'm strongly considering the tan interior with ocean blue when it becomes available and then add a tan soft top down the road...

Sponsored

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Rubicon
I'd go red with tan interior right now. Hoping next year there will be a nice forest-y type green I can put a tan interior into.

I don't like the JK split tan interior where the upper portion is black. Maybe I missed it but is this the case with the JL tan interior? I hope the upper dash is tan as well.

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I ordered mine with white. Clean, light, and summer beach type vibes. The other color I like with it is red. I would not do black with it.

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I'd go red with tan interior right now. Hoping next year there will be a nice forest-y type green I can put a tan interior into.

I don't like the JK split tan interior where the upper portion is black. Maybe I missed it but is this the case with the JL tan interior? I hope the upper dash is tan as well.
I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the inside will be all black no matter what the seat color is. There will not be a tan/black split like in the JK. Maybe somebody can confirm/clarify if Iā€™m wrong.

Last edited:

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Mmmm black with tan... the tan is growing on me and that combo is pure class

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
Mmmm black with tan... the tan is growing on me and that combo is pure class
When it comes to vehicles, I have one rule....you either go Batman (black on black) or Baja (light on white), but you donā€™t do both (tan on black). ;^]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knobby

Knobby

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks for all the responses. Not surprisingly, there are no votes for Hella Yella. I think you gotta go black interior with that color.

I think Iā€™m leaning toward one of the new colors (and firecracker).

Richard

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
my plan is to go with the tan interior and a tan premium soft top. Any idea when th epremium tan soft tops become available?

oldowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius 4 (2010) Audi Q5 (2014)

Agree with foresty green and tan interior

psg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Sport, 2017 MB AMG GT
Agree with foresty green and tan interior
Pick a color, any color...
Any of the greys, firecracker, Black, white goes well with tan.
My 2 previous Wranglers have been black interior and the third one was tan. Prefer tan. All the dealers like to pre order black. Itā€™s the safest thing for them to do.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Rubicon
I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the inside will be all black no matter what the seat color is. There will not be a tan/black split like in the JK. Maybe somebody can confirm/clarify if Iā€™m wrong.
Yeah it looks like in the jeep.com builder tan interior just means the seats. :(

I'd probably just go black interior...again. I was hoping for a full tan interior like the good ol' days.
Sponsored