Sponsored

Dash speakers

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if i missed it.. I have searched, and gone through as many threads as i could. to access the dash speakers, is it as simply as popping off the grille? or do you need to take the entire dash pad off?
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Just the grille

OP
OP
BlairF

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
Sorry if i missed it.. I have searched,...
I've also been doing some searching and can't find a definite answer to what is the correct speaker wiring harness for the 3.5" dash and sound bar 3.5" "tweeters".
I've read where the 4" "woofer" speaker in the sound bar is the Metra 72-6514's, but one thread where that harness is too big for the 3.5" speaker replacement.(?) And 72-1002 also came up in a search.(?)

I don't have a big problem with splicing into the stock wiring, but would really rather not.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I've also been doing some searching and can't find a definite answer to what is the correct speaker wiring harness for the 3.5" dash and sound bar 3.5" "tweeters".
I've read where the 4" "woofer" speaker in the sound bar is the Metra 72-6514's, but one thread where that harness is too big for the 3.5" speaker replacement.(?) And 72-1002 also came up in a search.(?)

I don't have a big problem with splicing into the stock wiring, but would really rather not.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks[/QUOT
Mine came with the speakers I ordered from Crutchfield, they have them listed as Metra 71-039C Speaker Wiring Adapters - Front.

Sponsored

Brucedotnet

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
FWIW, I just installed the Kicker speakers in the dash, maybe 5 minutes total? I 3-D printed some pry tools but they really are not needed.

The Kickers fit perfectly without any need for a harness. Looking forward to testing them out tomorrow.

OP
OP
BlairF

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I just installed the Kicker speakers in the dash, maybe 5 minutes total? I 3-D printed some pry tools but they really are not needed.

The Kickers fit perfectly without any need for a harness. Looking forward to testing them out tomorrow.
What Kickers?

OP
OP
BlairF

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlairF

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Really hoping a company will release some good plug and play 4'' roll ball speakers to replace.
Indeed.... Just replacing the dash speakers is a HUGE improvement though, I went with the Infinity reference speakers in the dash

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon Unlimited
Indeed.... Just replacing the dash speakers is a HUGE improvement though, I went with the Infinity reference speakers in the dash
I looked at the Infinity reference speakers for my dash at Crutchfield while they were doing my window tint, was curious how they would sound, may go back tomorrow and pick them up. Thanks for the info !