Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
To each their own. I’d probably pass on a Jeep if the top end package made me pay extra for power windows.

Jeep needs to hurry up and give us the 2019 info already. The 2019 Rams are already on and we don’t even know what colors are available for the wrangler yet.
Sponsored

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
Side wish: an even barer bones model (possibly a Willy's Wheeler) that gets rid of the complications those depending on their vehicle in rugged terrain don't want, i.e. no BSG or ESS, push start and fob, even TPMS. Simple simple simple. It was beautiful to me just how simple you could get a 2017 Willy's--including with half doors.

That being said they did not have to continue with a model as bare as the Sport, and I'm glad they did. Even with pockets deep enough for silly stuff like a loaded JLUR, I want Sport, and I'm getting Sport (unless a Willy's is announced!).
I agree. I think they should offer the whole spectrum.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. If my understanding of the ESS and BSG system are correct, they're there mainly (not entirely) because of federally mandated requirements in order to meet emissions standards. We've kind of have been abusing the Earth for years now and it's starting to catch up with us and scientists/governments around the world are finally trying to combat this hence the ever-increasing emissions standards.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I would like to see LED package and Premium Soft Top available on all packages. Just because I don't want power windows doesn't mean I don't want a better top and better lighting. Both available on JK. I also think a Rubicon shouldn't automatically give you power windows. It's an off road package. It should be optional. When are half doors coming out? I have them on my 2016 JKWW and love them.
Totally agree with the LED and premium soft top on all levels!!! I've seen the soft doors in a bestop video, they look nice too.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Sponsored

1986CJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ
LED should be the only headlight manufactured on a Jeep. Its almost 2019 and just about every vehicle made today has LED headlights and has for many, many years. I am appalled that Jeep upcharges their customers for this option on the new JL. Make it a standard on the vehicle and be done with it already

I also am speechless that they have not announced the 2019 as of yet. Many other manufacturers and other FCA brands have '19's on the lot already or at least announced. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I find something on a lot somewhere that's an 18 or do I hold out another 6-8 ,months and find a 19 that potentially costs more???

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
LED should be the only headlight manufactured on a Jeep. Its almost 2019 and just about every vehicle made today has LED headlights and has for many, many years. I am appalled that Jeep upcharges their customers for this option on the new JL. Make it a standard on the vehicle and be done with it already

I also am speechless that they have not announced the 2019 as of yet. Many other manufacturers and other FCA brands have '19's on the lot already or at least announced. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I find something on a lot somewhere that's an 18 or do I hold out another 6-8 ,months and find a 19 that potentially costs more???

They can barely keep up with producing enough '18s to meet demands, fix all of the problems with the ones in the wild and clean-up the turbo mess. Not to mention the leadership changes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've taken all of the '19 ideas back for a review to ensure that they don't have the same fiasco(s) they've had with the '18s

1986CJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ
They can barely keep up with producing enough '18s to meet demands, fix all of the problems with the ones in the wild and clean-up the turbo mess. Not to mention the leadership changes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've taken all of the '19 ideas back for a review to ensure that they don't have the same fiasco(s) they've had with the '18s
then announce it. I couldn't care less what minor changes are made; I would just like to know what's available and when so I can get the ball rolling. I may have to look elsewhere at other brands to find something if it comes down to it; I'm going to have to do something with my trade soon.

I currently cant order an '18 with LED headlights and if I do; It's not guaranteed to be built.

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
Side wish: an even barer bones model (possibly a Willy's Wheeler) that gets rid of the complications those depending on their vehicle in rugged terrain don't want, i.e. no BSG or ESS, push start and fob, even TPMS. Simple simple simple. It was beautiful to me just how simple you could get a 2017 Willy's--including with half doors.

That being said they did not have to continue with a model as bare as the Sport, and I'm glad they did. Even with pockets deep enough for silly stuff like a loaded JLUR, I want Sport, and I'm getting Sport (unless a Willy's is announced!).
I love the simple willy’s Wheelers! A 6 on the floor and classic paint makes it even better.

Sponsored

Jeeper18426572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler 2 Door Tank Green
Which reminds me when is tank green coming back?!
They should make a trim package called something like the 1941 Edition only offered in a stick, soft top, manual locks, classic paints like Tank, Gobi, White, Black, Anvil and steel wheels that maybe could be colored keyed with the exterior paint just like the dash panel could be. And of corse it would have some period correct decals like (4 Wheel Drive) on the Willy’s. It would have BFG All Terrain T/A’s just like the Rubicon. I guess it would be kind of like a Willy’s Wheeler just a little bit more retro. Maybe it would be limited to 19,410 models too.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
They should make a trim package called something like the 1941 Edition only offered in a stick, soft top, manual locks, classic paints like Tank, Gobi, White, Black, Anvil and steel wheels that maybe could be colored keyed with the exterior paint just like the dash panel could be. And of corse it would have some period correct decals like (4 Wheel Drive) on the Willy’s. It would have BFG All Terrain T/A’s just like the Rubicon. I guess it would be kind of like a Willy’s Wheeler just a little bit more retro. Maybe it would be limited to 19,410 models too.
What you’re looking for exist, but is not made by Jeep....https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopn...iny-offroad-jeep-to-conquer-am-1823460351/amp

Built in Detroit and 900 color options for less than $18k.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Jeep offers a low-end, bare-bones base model for people who want to aftermarket everything, like headlights.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I don't wanna ruin the fun, but the likelihood of a low end special edition is pretty tiny.

Problem is that the margins on the low end models are very slim, while the margins on options are so high. Case in point: the invoice on the Wrangler without options is only a few percent less than MSRP (3-4%, depending on trim), but invoice for options are nearly 11% under (yes, "invoice" is still much greater than actual cost, but the logic holds). This is why you see so many Sahara based special editions--the margins are much better.

The Mahindra seems like a good deal, until you realize it's built JUST like the old Jeeps. As in not road legal anymore. Not that the Roxor isn't great, just that costs are well controlled, allowing the company solid margins on a basic vehicle. Make it road legal (safety, emissions, etc.) and those margins disappear.

Truth is the Willy's were really something special: a true acknowledgement of the enthusiast. I'd expect them to return in due course, but with the crazy sales volume every month we should expect Jeep to cash in on the higher end trims for a few years before Willy's return.

OK, FCA, PROVE ME WRONG!!! :punch::rock::jk:
Sponsored