Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
UPDATE:

I wanted to let everyone know how the exhaust has held up over the last 5 months with salt. I don’t think it will last another winter without turning into a cheese grader. Pics attached

Hey Everyone,

I want to share with you all my experience with Flowmaster on my new JL Outback axleback system.

I received the part a month ago and after hours of trying to install it, it was concluded that the inlet opening that was supposed to slide over the stock mid pipe was not large enough.

Due to the fact that I had already sold my stock exhaust muffler, I was forced to then modify the brand new Flowmaster and weld it on directly to the stock mid pipe.

I called Flowmaster to let them know they have defective parts and was offered no replacement or refund - just a simple "Thank you for letting us know" so they could fix their bad batch of parts

The first time I took this thing on the highway I almost blew my brains out. The drone from 70-85MPH is unbearable. I thought maybe it just had to break in so I put 1,500 miles on it and it is still horrible. 8th gear on the highway is completely unusable if you want to have any hearing left.

I also noticed that the black paint started to melt off of the muffler (literally drips on the ground)

So today I called them to request a refund given that :

• They sold me a defective part that didn't properly fit
  • The drone at highway speeds is horrendous
  • The paint is melting off of the muffler
Their response was that the paint is intended to melt off of the muffler because they use 'waterborn' paint (HAHAHA)
The defective part should have been returned immediately (which was never an option early on)
The drone is a matter of 'preference'

I have had many aftermarket exhausts in my life on performance cars and offroard trucks and this is the first and last time I will ever buy anything from Flowmaster and I hope this helps any of you potential buyers in aiding your decision. Look elsewhere

Josh

2DBC5826-3E31-48A9-B74E-C2ACF684F882.jpeg

656E737E-5C9B-43E4-9646-5633E81A407B.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have heard of the pipe diameter issue and was going to wait a bit to make sure it was fixed, but if that is the answer they gave you on the Black then I will keep looking.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
@Jhubz7 and @Swanny297 head to the Borla exhaust thread to see pictures of my system. As of right now, the climber system is not available but they are working on protecting it. I believe the regular cat back is available though. Great people, amazing product and perfect customer service!

Blonson

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JL WRANGLER
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I thought I wanted this system, but definitely having 2nd thoughts. I'll look harder else where.

OP
OP

Jhubz7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Jhubz7 and @Swanny297 head to the Borla exhaust thread to see pictures of my system. As of right now, the climber system is not available but they are working on protecting it. I believe the regular cat back is available though. Great people, amazing product and perfect customer service!
@PandaRockCrawler Awesome thanks for the info!

I have had great experiences with Borla in the past with my M5 and that was the direction I was heading. I like the crawler, how is the drone at highway speeds? Curious if it is louder being under the vehicle instead of at the very back

Thanks!

Sponsored

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have the MF Crawler one on my JL. Tucks nice under the body, all stainless, its loud but nothing we complain about. We got exactly what we paid for and are very happy.

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
Flowmaster sucks. Gibson is the way to go.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Hey Everyone,

I want to share with you all my experience with Flowmaster on my new JL Outback axleback system.

I received the part a month ago and after hours of trying to install it, it was concluded that the inlet opening that was supposed to slide over the stock mid pipe was not large enough.

Due to the fact that I had already sold my stock exhaust muffler, I was forced to then modify the brand new Flowmaster and weld it on directly to the stock mid pipe.

I called Flowmaster to let them know they have defective parts and was offered no replacement or refund - just a simple "Thank you for letting us know" so they could fix their bad batch of parts

The first time I took this thing on the highway I almost blew my brains out. The drone from 70-85MPH is unbearable. I thought maybe it just had to break in so I put 1,500 miles on it and it is still horrible. 8th gear on the highway is completely unusable if you want to have any hearing left.

I also noticed that the black paint started to melt off of the muffler (literally drips on the ground)

So today I called them to request a refund given that :

• They sold me a defective part that didn't properly fit
  • The drone at highway speeds is horrendous
  • The paint is melting off of the muffler
Their response was that the paint is intended to melt off of the muffler because they use 'waterborn' paint (HAHAHA)
The defective part should have been returned immediately (which was never an option early on)

I have had many aftermarket exhausts in my life on performance cars and offroard trucks and this is the first and last time I will ever buy anything from Flowmaster and I hope this helps any of you potential buyers in aiding your decision. Look elsewhere

Josh
If this is how they are treating people from the forum they I will pass on them

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017

Josh
Don't call them, write to them. Maybe they can't write and will offer a refund/exchange instead.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm sorry about this problem, but-

I've been using FLOWMASTER various(40/50/10--single/dual catback, for over 28 years and I haven't had one failure of ANY KIND--

There needs to be a more direct communication, between you two!!

W.E.

JIMBO

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
UP

The 817837 American Thunder muffler delete does not fit. Too tight and impossible to mount properly.

Waiting for an answer of the Flowmaster via my shop.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Well, I just scratched Flowmaster off of my list.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
"scratch off your list" because of ONE report-??

Read post #12-there's nothing wrong with FLOWMASTER--maybe this model just doesn't work with JL JEEP

"DELETEING MUFFLER" is stupid anyway-----

YEA--I MEAN THAT !!!

W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored