Sponsored

At what price increase do you say nope

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
at what price do you say nope not gonna do it ?
Or if you planned on a nicely equipped rubi will you go Sahara. Or sport instead. ?
Or jump ship ang go raptor or zr2 or something else?
Or in your opinion is it going to be
Just grin and take it?
If you had to give up packages. To get the price down what are you dropping?

I am pretty bummed out by the whole thing I knew what I wanted thought I could afford it
But now. It’s looking like it’s not gonna happen.
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The Sahara is definitely what my dreams are made of, but not at 45k. I'm thinking if I trade in my vehicle (worth 20k trade-in) I could lease it for 3 years practically without any payments, but what I'm worried about is at the end of those 3 years, how much would it depreciate? Because I'm definitely going to buy it out. I need to do some research on 3 year old JKU Sahara's to see how much value they lost.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The Sahara is definitely what my dreams are made of, but not at 45k. I'm thinking if I trade in my vehicle (worth 20k trade-in) I could lease it for 3 years practically without any payments, but what I'm worried about is at the end of those 3 years, how much would it depreciate? I need to do some research on 3 year old JKU Sahara's to see how much value they lost.
The problem with leasing is not the resale. The residual is high but most people end up with equity. The problem is the unusually high money factors which means the payments are higher than you think.

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
The problem with leasing is not the resale. The residual is high but most people end up with equity. The problem is the unusually high money factors which means the payments are higher than you think.
what do you consider a "fair" money factor? Ive never leased. This would be my first lease.
The dealer punched in some numbers for a JL Sahara I ordered and came out with ~$380ishe a month for 39 months at 15k miles, if I gave 5k down...This included out the door price and $2500 price hike along with 1% under invoice pricing, tax, and licensing.
I put down a $500 deposit because I thought it was good (I plan to buy it off later anyway), but people on here are saying atleast an $8000 deposit would get me to 3-400 a month.
If payments are in the mid -400's, I'm walking away from the deal.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
what do you consider a "fair" money factor? Ive never leased. This would be my first lease.
The dealer punched in some numbers for a JL Sahara I ordered and came out with ~$380ishe a month for 39 months at 15k miles, if I gave 5k down...This included out the door price and $2500 price hike along with 1% under invoice pricing, tax, and licensing.
I put down a $500 deposit because I thought it was good (I plan to buy it off later anyway), but people on here are saying atleast an $8000 deposit would get me to 3-400 a month.
If payments are in the mid -400's, I'm walking away from the deal.
Well, a Tahoe leases around .00173. The wrangler is more like .00215. (these are ballpark).

Out of curiosity what was your money factor and residual? That is why it is so hard to generalize with leases. There are more factors.

And to be clear, I don't like playing the good deal/bad deal game. I was just saying it is hard to get as good a monthly payment out of Wranglers as you would expect with their high resale value. It is still lower than a loan for sure. Using your numbers and making some assumptions I was able to get a payment there but not out the door.

I am going to start another thread on leasing so people can ask questions because i have done a lot of research and have experience with this and it is more complicated than loans but with the price hike more people may look at them.

Sponsored

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I have a sport vs Sahara spreadsheet with base price, options, and tax. I update as information comes out, and I use JK prices for options we don't know yet.

My out the door must remain below $45k. Options I've compromised:

-8.4 screen with Nav
- HD electrical package. I will just get $375 aux kit instead
- cold weather package
- safety package. All I care about it blind spot, but I'll sacrifice that, too
-LEDs. I'm assuming the halogens are better than the JK.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Forgot to mention I plan on buying it out at the end, which is why I'm worried about it's high resale value

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I really want JLUR, but it will have to be lightly optioned. Mulling over whether or not I really need the diesel or just want it. I’m actually staring to think I don’t need an automatic, either.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I ordered a JLUR with almost every box checked except body color fenders and another option that isn’t coming to me. 3.6 auto
A similar packaged JK would be around 50k. If it goes above 55 it’s going to be hard to convince my wife to get a rubicon over say a 4Runner, SQ5, X60. Now you are climbing into luxury vehicle ranges and the wrangler may have a revamped interior etc. But that price will be hard to justify!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Forgot to mention I plan on buying it out at the end, which is why I'm worried about it's high resale value
This is one for the lease thread, so if you don't mind I will answer it there.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I think I break at about $10,000 Canadian increase.

I'm not a truck person at all, and there are no real competitors to the Wrangler. 4Runner is close but not quite.

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
I've been doing all my math based on getting a $45,000 (CAD) JL(U). If I can't get decently optioned 6-speed Sport S or lightly optioned Sahara for that I won't bother until the next time bottom falls out of of the U.S. economy, so the exchange rate is more favorable.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My last 2016 JKU Rubicon was hard to justify at $35k. It was almost base with only a hardtop and Uconnect. Hopefully I can get away under $40k for a 2dr Rubicon with a manual/softtop and one of the radios that does Android auto(assuming I get the same 1-2% below invoice I did on the JKU.)
If the 2dr tops $40k with the options I'm looking for (Assuming the 1-2% under invoice) then I will be shopping for a used JK or JKU Rubicon. I already started looking when the leaks popped up a few days ago, but the prices are still on the higher side in my area.

2018JLU4ME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Brilliant Black WK2 Limited
Really would love a Sahara...but I have to stay 40k or less so its probably a Sport for me with the MUSTS below

Must Haves
LED Group
Cold Weather (for wife)
Aux Switches (for later lighting)
Dual Top Group (i had only the 3 piece hard top with my JK at first...soft top purchase changed my whole summer and now with premium soft tops standard...why not)
Tubular Side Steps
UConnect 8.4 with NAV
MOPAR 2' Lift
MOPAR Wheel and Tire upgrade

Gascap9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jeep wrangler
I am prepared for 70,000CAD JLUR hopefully with mope parts added
Sponsored

Last edited: