Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
After seeing jeeps delivered with streaked soft top windows and knowing how easy they scratch anyway, I searched for something that would offer some level of protection and found rain-x Plastic. I put it on after cleaning the windows. It goes on like car wax, apply a light coat and hand buff it off after it hazes over. Water beads up and dirt hoses off easier.

treated window
rainx.jpg

wet treated window
rainx wet.jpg

Here's what it looks like. I use the 303 cleaner to clean soft top fabric.
soft top chems.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Jebiruph Jerry: how was this stuff at getting water on the plastic windows to bead up during rain, like conventional Rain-X normally does on glass windows? From the picture of the wet window it's hard for me to compare what the window might have looked like wet without your application of the product.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jebiruph Jerry: how was this stuff at getting water on the plastic windows to bead up during rain, like conventional Rain-X normally does on glass windows? From the picture of the wet window it's hard for me to compare what the window might have looked like wet without your application of the product.

Thanks.
Putting the Rain-X on was the first thing I did when I got it, but from my experience it does a good job of beading up the water. Here's a new pic, it's been 3-4 months since the last treatment. It's probably not an accurate comparison with the first pic because it looks like I soaked it a little more in this pic.
rainx wet 2.jpg

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing jeeps delivered with streaked soft top windows and knowing how easy they scratch anyway, I searched for something that would offer some level of protection and found rain-x Plastic. I put it on after cleaning the windows. It goes on like car wax, apply a light coat and hand buff it off after it hazes over. Water beads up and dirt hoses off easier.

treated window
rainx.jpg

wet treated window
rainx wet.jpg

Here's what it looks like. I use the 303 cleaner to clean soft top fabric.
soft top chems.jpg
Looks good. Thanks for sharing. Would you say it gives a level of protection from scratches? Also what security trunk do you have? Look like it fits nice, looking through the window. Lol. Do you like it?

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. Thanks for sharing. Would you say it gives a level of protection from scratches? Also what security trunk do you have? Look like it fits nice, looking through the window. Lol. Do you like it?
The RainX helps the windows by making it easier to rinse the dirt off of them when you wash them, which helps avoid the small dirt scratches that fog the windows up over time. The security trunk is the Jeep Backbone which I like for the clean look and ease of removal. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-backbone-security-cover-mods-and-tips.26616/

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
What did you use to clean the plastic windows before applying the rain-x plastic?

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you use to clean the plastic windows before applying the rain-x plastic?
I hose them off and use a soft sponge and a lot of soapy water.
Sponsored