Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
Anyone have this issue before?

When I open my door it doesnt recognize it's open. I can lock and unlock the door with the remote or the passenger door but not the driver door. The switch is dead. I can lower the window so power is going to it. Also the proximity unlock does not work on this door. Any ideas?

Pull and switched the fuse for power locks already.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Cusma

Recently, there was a new forum member reporting the same issue but with the driver's side door I believe. You can do a forum search and try to find the post. Undoubtedly, the JL went to the dealer. Not sure if the forum member came back and commented on end result.

OP
OP

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
@Cusma

Recently, there was a new forum member reporting the same issue but with the driver's side door I believe. You can do a forum search and try to find the post. Undoubtedly, the JL went to the dealer. Not sure if the forum member came back and commented on end result.

I saw that thread but my door actually does lock from the fob. And from the passenger door. His I believe wouldnt lock from the fob.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Maybe a bad switch or you could check the check strap connection for a bent pin

gentryTX

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Have you disconnected the harness to take the door off...or just for fun? At the least I'd disconnect the plug and put it back in. Used to fix 50% of electrical problems on avionics back when I worked on airplanes. To the best of my knowledge, the details you gave sounds like some sort of power to ground issue in the door lock loop.

Sponsored

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon Unlimited
I think that was me that posted a similar problem but different, mine won't lock or unlock from fob or door switch, but it will with physical key. I took it to the dealer the next day and they said the latch / actuator assembly is broken and on back order, no eta on part or fix.

OP
OP

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
Have you disconnected the harness to take the door off...or just for fun? At the least I'd disconnect the plug and put it back in. Used to fix 50% of electrical problems on avionics back when I worked on airplanes. To the best of my knowledge, the details you gave sounds like some sort of power to ground issue in the door lock loop.

Unplug and plugged it multiple times. Just strange how I can unlock and lock it from the passenger door and fob but not from proximity on the outside or the switch on the door

OP
OP

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
I think that was me that posted a similar problem but different, mine won't lock or unlock from fob or door switch, but it will with physical key. I took it to the dealer the next day and they said the latch / actuator assembly is broken and on back order, no eta on part or fix.

Mine will lock and unlock from the fob and passenger door just not from the proximity keyless entry outside that door or the inside switch.

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon Unlimited
Mine will lock and unlock from the fob and passenger door just not from the proximity keyless entry outside that door or the inside switch.
I found the problem with mine this evening, wasn't the latch actuator like the dealer said and may be the same on yours but affecting different switches. Today all 4 doors quit locking, not just the drivers door, called the dealer and they made another appointment for tomorrow with the service manager. I just so happened to be installing a dash cam this evening and running the wires down the passenger side of the windshield molding and into the passenger footwell, there is a control module in that footwell and there was a connector that looked like it wasn't all the way inserted in it, that was my problem, now all 4 doors work including the drivers door which hasn't worked since new. The only problem is that it is missing the latching lever, so I guess I'm going to show the dealer and let them get that if they can. If you pull the cover off where you unhook the passenger door connector, this module is just forward of that, it was the white connector about in the middle of the module, hope that might help you also.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I found the problem with mine this evening, wasn't the latch actuator like the dealer said and may be the same on yours but affecting different switches. Today all 4 doors quit locking, not just the drivers door, called the dealer and they made another appointment for tomorrow with the service manager. I just so happened to be installing a dash cam this evening and running the wires down the passenger side of the windshield molding and into the passenger footwell, there is a control module in that footwell and there was a connector that looked like it wasn't all the way inserted in it, that was my problem, now all 4 doors work including the drivers door which hasn't worked since new. The only problem is that it is missing the latching lever, so I guess I'm going to show the dealer and let them get that if they can. If you pull the cover off where you unhook the passenger door connector, this module is just forward of that, it was the white connector about in the middle of the module, hope that might help you also.
@MoparTH

Excellent find! BRAVO..........

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler

Thank you will check that out later today. Will report back

OP
OP

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
Didn't work for me sadly

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
Unplug and plugged it multiple times. Just strange how I can unlock and lock it from the passenger door and fob but not from proximity on the outside or the switch on the door
My passenger door locks and unlocks from the drivers side, the fob, and the proximity from the other door. It will not lock or unlock from the passenger side button or proximity. Sound like the same issue you have. Any resolution for this.

OP
OP

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
My passenger door locks and unlocks from the drivers side, the fob, and the proximity from the other door. It will not lock or unlock from the passenger side button or proximity. Sound like the same issue you have. Any resolution for this.
Yes same exact issue. Wish mine was the passenger side though hahah

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
Yes same exact issue. Wish mine was the passenger side though hahah
I saw where someone posted about a plug loose on the passenger kick panel. I checked mine and all was secure. It is almost like the computer thinks the door is removed. The dome light doesn’t activate. There is no door open indicator on the DIC. My windows work and my doors lock from every where except the passenger door. Does anybody have any idea what triggers the door connected indicator. Could it be a computer issue?
Sponsored